Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 ***@ Coastal 2017 Gamdeday Thread*** 
SuperCat

Post Re: ***@ Coastal 2017 Gamdeday Thread***
Second half TDs. :sombrero:

Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:26 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

GreenParrot wrote:
Thanks for posting Gato. But there is no radio coverage in SA or Austin. And the live feed is not working for me.

Sorry. TXST athletics uses those same stations every game and didn't know they wouldn't be working. I know that ktsw or bobcat radio though usually will broadcast the game as Bill Culhane and Brant Freeman (radio announcers) are at the game. So the Internet feed at the least should work. Blame LT.

Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:52 pm
True Bobcat Fan

jones in for mop up duty, so guess he's not hurt. hard to complain w/ williams' effort tonight, but damn - wj3 is the better qb today, more upside, and is going to be here next year. so confusing.

Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:58 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Dunno Saul. He threw that ball away quickly on a 2nd down pressure play. Was odd to me cause I'm thinking, who cares, just take the sack as an incomplete pass stops the clock and a sack, while it sucks, keeps the clock rolling. Didn't realize it was Jones until I saw the numbers and it dawned on me that maybe he is still not 100% and was maybe instructed to simply run that clock but in the event of pressure, get rid of it, and don't risk further injury with a sack. Basically play it safe. With a 20 point lead, if true, not a bad move. It's the only thing that makes sense in my brain.

Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:05 pm
Junior Bobcat

VICTORY

Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:54 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Saul Goodman wrote:
20th sack on the year? did we get a sack on that or just a fumble?

yes, sack for loyd: https://twitter.com/dctf/status/924406471961600000

18th sack on the season for the bobcats - not sure why the announcers had 19, but they were their own shitshow.

Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:59 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Bobcat.taxman wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:
we're up 14-7 on the road. go be negative somewhere else besides the game thread.

Shut up. We're playing a 1-6 team, so don't act like we are Alabama all of the sudden while we are nursing a 10 point lead.

Except prior to the game you said they had a vastly improved offense that hung with App State and we no longer have a good chance of beating them. Damn, you are a cherry picker.

Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:53 am
True Bobcat Fan

It sure feels good to win.

The offense finally supported the defense and gave them a chance to get rest. The defense was lights out and the offense but together some good long drives. The special teams had one huge mistake but also started making some field goals.

Georgia St is in San Marcos next week. The Panthers started out awful this year but look much improved. This will be a tough game but hope the players found new energy and get the win for the home fans.

Technically, the team can win out and make a bowl. Wouldn't that be crazy even if just about impossible. If the offense keeps it up, the defense can give us a chance.

Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:24 am
SuperCat

If I didn't watch the game and just saw the score, I would have thought that Jones went off. Either way, it feels great to win and get off all those "worst teams in college football" lists. If we could win one more, I would feel much better about the trajectory of the team going into the off season.

Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:39 am
True Bobcat Fan

Saul Goodman wrote:
jones in for mop up duty, so guess he's not hurt. hard to complain w/ williams' effort tonight, but damn - wj3 is the better qb today, more upside, and is going to be here next year. so confusing.

Agree. I think the only way Williams makes sense in game 8 of his exiting season is if we’re 4-3 headed in with some real contention. But that’s obviously not the case here with Withers & company

Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:14 am
True Bobcat Fan

slycat wrote:
It sure feels good to win.

The offense finally supported the defense and gave them a chance to get rest. The defense was lights out and the offense but together some good long drives. The special teams had one huge mistake but also started making some field goals.

Georgia St is in San Marcos next week. The Panthers started out awful this year but look much improved. This will be a tough game but hope the players found new energy and get the win for the home fans.

Technically, the team can win out and make a bowl. Wouldn't that be crazy even if just about impossible. If the offense keeps it up, the defense can give us a chance.

NM St. 11/4

GAST 11/11

Though I don't blame you for wanting to get to GAST next, probably our last best chance to win another game.

Glad we beat Coastal, would have been embarrassing to lose that game, but I certainly won't read too much into a win over a team half a season removed from the FCS ranks . . Go Bobcats!

Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:31 am
True Bobcat Fan

87–

I have no idea what all players Costal lost or gained since last season nor care but they still won 12 12 9 and 10 games in each of their last 4 seasons. More than we can say at any level for modern success. Or conversely you can look at it that we beat a transition team that lost by 42 to another okay FCS squad Western Illinois

Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:59 am
True Bobcat Fan

Bobbumman wrote:
87–

I have no idea what all players Costal lost or gained since last season nor care but they still won 12 12 9 and 10 games in each of their last 4 seasons. More than we can say at any level for modern success. Or conversely you can look at it that we beat a transition team that lost by 42 to another okay FCS squad Western Illinois

In the "Withers" era, we've beaten 2 FCS, 1 FBS, and 1 FCS/FBS Transitional.
Now, am I happy for the wins .. . of course.
Does it constitute an impressive resume .. . not so much.

So to recap, Happy for the win .. . Not terribly impressed with beating a club that we absolutely should have beaten.

Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:13 pm
True Bobcat Fan

just wait for it bobcat87...sauly boy is going to chime in and ask you based on what we should have absolutely beaten costal

Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:48 pm
True Bobcat Fan

:lol: :lol: :lol: that did cross my mind earlier when i first read it. vegas had us as 9.5-10 p dogs and s&p+ had us losing as well, so not sure why anyone would think we should absolutely beat them.

Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:11 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next