Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Thurman Morbley off team 
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: Thurman Morbley off team
fucking hell. how hard is it to not smoke dope or act like a jackass for a couple of weeks?

Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:37 pm
SuperCat

Saul Goodman wrote:
fucking hell. how hard is it to not smoke dope or act like a jackass for a couple of weeks?

This. What the hell is wrong with these kids?

Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:04 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Why is it that that those with the most to lose are constantly slipping up? We have just over 100 players on the roster which somewhere between 30-40 players on that roster are not on ship (a big bulk of our roster). Why can't someone who gets kicked off, can't qualify academically, can't make grades, graduates early with eligibility left, quits, or has a career or season ending injury be a non-scholarship player more times than not or I'll even take a senior scholarship player at this point in the season?

It's been so many times a player of relevance or at least potential relevance that gets terminated. You think it would be the kids who are either paying for their own tuition and are pissed they aren't on ship or aren't getting any playing time that are going to go 'act out' and show people up with continuous bad decision making

Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:31 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Bobbumman wrote:
It's been so many times a player of relevance or at least potential relevance that gets terminated. You think it would be the kids who are either paying for their own tuition and are pissed they aren't on ship or aren't getting any playing time that are going to go 'act out' and show people up with continuous bad decision making

I would think that the schollied players are more likely because... "they already have the prize". They think the hard work is over.

The kids trying ot earn a scholarship are the ones most likely trying to make sure every T is dotted, and ever I crossed to impress the coaches to earn the ship.

Also, I think overall... the scholarship kids are used to being the elite at their high schools and are able to get away with a bit more (I know that was the case for me, but... that was a LONG time ago).

Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:52 pm
True Bobcat Fan

TheRevSWT wrote:
(I know that was the case for me, but... that was a LONG time ago).

Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:08 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Expounding (more purty words for you Rev) on what Rev said it really is a culture of entitlement that they have been exposed since high school, probably even junior high. It's like in Varsity Blues when Johnnie Moxon goes to the store to buy food after winning the game as the backup qb and the cashier hands him 6 pack of beers as a little something on top. Or the cops complaining about the kids and the coach asking if they are being to much of a problem. Yhe it's a movie, but come on guys, it's Texas and ya know that these kids are put on a pedestal and not really held accountable for their actions outside of the football field. Especially the small towns which in Texas again is the dominant force in those towns. So it is no surprise that they come to college football exhibiting the same behaviors. At least Withers is giving them an opportunity to learn and adjust to what his expectations from them off the filed are by instituting multiple strikes. I applaud him for what he is doing.

Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:10 pm
True Bobcat Fan

My biggest concern with Tutt leaving is that if Anthony Smith is as close with him as they act then he might follow suit wherever Tutt ends up but I highly doubt it. I've been really happy with Smith's development over the course of this season coupled with offensive line run blocking better. You have to think he's pretty happy with the amount of playing time he's received as a true fr so hopefully he stays put. With a much improved O line next year you have to think sky is the limit for Smith. On the flip side it will stink having what I thought would be a true 4-deep next season with Jaylin Nelson being the situational back to now being down to 3 true backs next season + Nelson. We really would have had a committee of somewhat seasoned backs next season

Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:17 pm
True Bobcat Fan

SWTBobhorns wrote:
Bad news guys just got word today of some more dismissals..

so, are there more coming, or did you get conflicting info? because withers confirmed the 1st 4 at the pc on monday, but no additional names.

@Nick_Castillo74

ICYMI: #TXST's Everett Withers confirmed the dismissal of Quinn Tiggs, Thurman Morbley, Jordan Eastling and Tyler Tutt for breaking team rules and University policy at his weekly Monday press conference.

https://twitter.com/Nick_Castillo74/sta ... 3518848000

Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:54 pm
Junior Bobcat

Dila Rosemond hasn’t been on the game notes roster the past two weeks. He’s a senior so doesn’t affect the future. Think if you include him with Tiggs that gives you the 9 seniors Withers mentioned in his press conference who remain.

Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:16 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

SWTBobhorns wrote:
Bad news guys just got word today of some more dismissals..

Just wonderful! I appreciate the heads up SWTBobhorns. I know it's not your place to give out the names.

I'll be interested to see how long it takes for the media outlets to track down the names of the dismissed from Withers. Last time it two roughly 2-3 weeks after you mentioned the Morbley thing before it was confirmed. I'll probably expect the same turnaround for this round. Good lord it's painful to be a Bobcat FB fan.

Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:16 am
Bobcat Wannabe

My apologies everyone, very hectic week. I did hear good news that these dismissals were actually just suspensions. I don't know if they're are considered a "strike" or just academic suspensions.

Yes, I also agree I should probably keep names to myself as these are fellow students and its not really my place to disclose names. As well as things can change quickly.

Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:05 pm
True Bobcat Fan

a dismissal is not a suspension.

Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:59 pm
True Bobcat Fan

EW needs to dismiss himself.

Its going to take him at least three seasons to match Matsuckis' win total.

Jim Bob Heldusier 20-34-1
Bob Debesse 27-39
Manny Matsuckis 5-7
Dave BAILiff 14-8
Brad Wright 23-23
Fran Part II 20-28
EW 4-20 (I'll just presume we are losing to Troy this weekend)

Looks like a lot of college coaching movement in Texas this year. Ass & M, maybe TT and the media up here thinks that Chad Morris is heading for greener pastures. Maybe somebody would like to come down and put out our dumpster fire.

Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:14 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

VP98 wrote:
Looks like a lot of college coaching movement in Texas this year. Ass & M, maybe TT and the media up here thinks that Chad Morris is heading for greener pastures. Maybe somebody would like to come down and put out our dumpster fire.

Help me out here. Say we do can Withers this offseason. Let's go down the list of things that will need to happen:

- We need to come up with his buyout. Where does that come from?
- Who do we get to replace him? Since we haven't seen an uptick in donations, I have to think the salary would be about the same, so who do you think is in that price range that will be available that will make you think we got the right guy (and I'm not trying to be a dick here, I'm honestly curious). Keep in mind, we just fired a coach after 2 seasons when he inherited a senior heavy team and the previous coach went 3-9.
- What is the timeline that coach gets to get to .500?

Again, I'm not trying to be a dick, and I get the frustration... I just don't know what good is coming from it.

My look on this is pretty much the same... Last year "doesn't count" because it seemed to be pretty known from the beginning that W/L didn't matter. Coach ran the players off he didn't want, brought in some guys (on a short recruit period), adn was like "eh, it's whatever. We don't have a team). This year (from this perspective) is his first real year.

Next year? He should be hitting 4-6 wins. If not? Then I'm ready to make a move. The year after that? we should be in a place to be top 3 in the conference. If not? Then I don't think he's the right guy.

Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:30 pm
True Bobcat Fan

TheRevSWT wrote:
VP98 wrote:

Again, I'm not trying to be a dick, and I get the frustration... I just don't know what good is coming from it.

I am just trying to be a dick. On the other hand it seems to be okay to talk about the AD and Trauth but talk about EW and get a reaction. I bet that if we were to get a new AD, EW's seat would be hotter than the concrete at Sewell in July. He wouldn't even make it through one season with a new AD.

Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:51 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next