No UTSA in 2019? 
Bobcat Wannabe

Post No UTSA in 2019?
Hey guys, UNT fan/alum here. I noticed that fbschedules.com shows you guys having an annual matchup with UTSA through 2025, but UTSA isn't listed for 2019. Anyone know why that is? I'm waiting patiently for the day that you guys stomp them (I know their fanbase will absolutely lose its mind), but if it doesn't happen next year, it looks like I will have to wait until 2020 to rejoice.

And apologies if you have already discussed this topic before. I don't visit this board often, so I might have missed it.

:eatemup:

Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:51 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: No UTSA in 2019?
I forget the exact reason but I think it had to do with future games that had already been set when this series was set up.

Here is to hoping we set up some games with UNT in the near future.

Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:03 pm
Bobcat Wannabe

slycat wrote:
I forget the exact reason but I think it had to do with future games that had already been set when this series was set up.

Here is to hoping we set up some games with UNT in the near future.

Interesting because the site only shows three OOC games for both you and UTSA that year.

I don't know about future games with UNT. I already hate UTSA...I don't want to have to hate you guys too!

Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:06 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Why couldn't we create a conference with:

TXST
UNT
UTSA
RICE
SMU
Tulane
Tulsa
U LaLa
ULM
Colorado St

~flag~ ~flag~
~flag~ ~flag~

Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:37 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

GMAN wrote:

TXST
UNT
UTSA
RICE
SMU
Tulane
Tulsa
U LaLa
ULM
Colorado St

~flag~ ~flag~
~flag~ ~flag~

We all have wishful thinking on this topic. You're close GMAN to my thought just a little adjustment.

TXST
UNT
UTSA
RICE
SMU
Tulane
Tulsa
U LaLa
ULM
New Mexico St
UTEP

11 team conference. Round robin conference schedule leaving 2 OC games every year. You can still schedule a fcs school and a money game in the same year.
natural travel pairing (txst/utsa; unt/smu; LaLA/ulm; Utep/NMst; Rice/Tulane; tulsa is odd ball but might pull in Ark st if we needed 12 teams.

Realistically, CUSA and sunbelt schools would be even money on change but other schools might see it as a step down in revenue options and recruiting. If the NCAA can get their act together and setup the FBS playoff system similar to FCS, the schools could realign back to a more geographic/regional focus. However, right now it is all about power and money. So none of this will happen anytime soon. Anyway nice to daydream about it.

Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:44 pm
Bobcat Wannabe

Geno82 wrote:
GMAN wrote:

TXST
UNT
UTSA
RICE
SMU
Tulane
Tulsa
U LaLa
ULM
Colorado St

~flag~ ~flag~
~flag~ ~flag~

We all have wishful thinking on this topic. You're close GMAN to my thought just a little adjustment.

TXST
UNT
UTSA
RICE
SMU
Tulane
Tulsa
U LaLa
ULM
New Mexico St
UTEP

11 team conference. Round robin conference schedule leaving 2 OC games every year. You can still schedule a fcs school and a money game in the same year.
natural travel pairing (txst/utsa; unt/smu; LaLA/ulm; Utep/NMst; Rice/Tulane; tulsa is odd ball but might pull in Ark st if we needed 12 teams.

Realistically, CUSA and sunbelt schools would be even money on change but other schools might see it as a step down in revenue options and recruiting. If the NCAA can get their act together and setup the FBS playoff system similar to FCS, the schools could realign back to a more geographic/regional focus. However, right now it is all about power and money. So none of this will happen anytime soon. Anyway nice to daydream about it.

I would definitely replace ULM with La Tech, as they have a better budget, larger fanbase, more storied program, and a more recent history of winning. I would also replace U LaLa with Southern Miss and try to find a way to work UAB in. I'm sure it would throw off the travel partner thing though.

Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:38 am
True Bobcat Fan

joshdude182 wrote:

I would definitely replace ULM with La Tech, as they have a better budget, larger fanbase, more storied program, and a more recent history of winning. I would also replace U LaLa with Southern Miss and try to find a way to work UAB in. I'm sure it would throw off the travel partner thing though.

And all of them would replace us.

Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:10 am
True Bobcat Fan

Fran's Last Twinky wrote:
joshdude182 wrote:

Ouch... That doesn't play into my "Fantay Commish" role.

I like the LaTech, and UTEP additions, but I would keep CO ST. We would have one representative from bordering states.

I would think travel expenses would somewhat drop and because of the location of opponents, all stadiums would get butts in seats...

~flag~ ~flag~
~flag~ ~flag~

Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:58 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Fran's Last Twinky wrote:
joshdude182 wrote:

You win the internets forever.

I just kind of figured 'what does moose milk taste like?' was in everyone's Google search history somewhere.

Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:31 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

The problem with more than 10 teams is that the playoff money is $10M regardless of the # of teams in your conference (for G5's). The more teams, the lesser the playoff split. No matter what you think, that $1M helps.

It's one of the (many) reasons why the SBC kicked Idaho and NMSU to the curb and CUSA gets hurt with 14.

Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:17 pm