So now we know how we are going forward........... 
Bobcat Wannabe

Post So now we know how we are going forward...........
That is with WJ3 as our QB. He should be. Thanks Damian but WJ3 is our future and we need to give him time and reps to develop in our offense. Along with all of the other youngsters on our roster. We have a new HC who is creating a culture, a new OC installing a new offense and a new O-line coach building a group based on proper technique and execution. Why go with a "one and done"? Yeah I know, who wants to wait for success? We've waited long enough. We want to win now!
Reality is that this IS a rebuilding project from the ground up. There is a lot of work to do and it is going to take time. Let's start now by committing to the players that are going to be here for the next several years while this staff ( which has good pedigree incidentally) creates a platform that will lead to sustained success. #trustthepath baby!

Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:17 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Re: So now we know how we are going forward...........
You know what I think is interesting?

I think we've had variations on this exact same post in 1997 when DeBeese was hired ("Helduser left the cupboards bare... trust DeBeese to make it right!"), 2003 when Matsakis was hired ("DeBeese left the cupboards bare... trust Matsakis to create some excitement"), 2004 when Bailiff was hired ("Matsakis left us in a clusterf*** of NCAA violations, trust Bailiff to make it right!" which honestly kind of worked out), 2007 when Wright was hired ("Bailiff left us with a young/inexperienced team, but trust Wright to make it right!"), 2011 when Fran was hired ("Wright left us with basically a glorified high school team, trust Fran to make us big league!")...

This program has been rebuilding for 25 years. So forgive us our impatience. I'm pretty comfortable with Withers' "set the locker room on fire and burn it down" approach, but that doesn't make me very generous or patient. So far we've been largely embarrassing ourselves this season, leaving me skeptical about winning another game.

Let's hope Willie Jones III goes better long-term that Tyler Jones did. QB perhaps benefits from a redshirt season more than almost any other position, but we're committed now.

I respectfully disagree with time on the internet being "wasted." I would've never known that a monkey would fall over after smelling his own, stinky finger if it wasn't for the glory of the internet.

Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:39 am
True Bobcat Fan

If you use the eyeball test, we all could see the difference when WJIII went into the game. We at least could put some drives together when he was in the game. Then when he goes out for an injury in Q4, the drive stalls again.

I've seen enough to know that WJIII should get the rest of the snaps for the season. He is still young and needs the reps (the INT in the endzone was inexperience).

I thought we had a relatively solid game, despite the score. We look like a young team, but a team with some talent! As long as the team keeps playing hard, that is god enough for me for the season.

Keep Fighting Bobcats. Ya'll stay committed and good things will come.

~flag~ ~flag~
~flag~ ~flag~

Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:37 am
True Bobcat Fan

It was nice to see how the players responded to Jones on the field. You can see how he's growing more and more comfortable. I agree that it's time to pull out the stop-gap and put in WJ3.

Plus, Jones throws the ball to my man crush, Morbley. We need to get the ball in his hands more often.

Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:11 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

bleed gold wrote:
You know what I think is interesting?

I think we've had variations on this exact same post in 1997 when DeBeese was hired ("Helduser left the cupboards bare... trust DeBeese to make it right!"), 2003 when Matsakis was hired ("DeBeese left the cupboards bare... trust Matsakis to create some excitement"), 2004 when Bailiff was hired ("Matsakis left us in a clusterf*** of NCAA violations, trust Bailiff to make it right!" which honestly kind of worked out), 2007 when Wright was hired ("Bailiff left us with a young/inexperienced team, but trust Wright to make it right!"), 2011 when Fran was hired ("Wright left us with basically a glorified high school team, trust Fran to make us big league!")...

The only thing I'll disagree with here is that nobody really said "trust in Wright"... Everybody just said "well, it was him or nothing!"

Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:08 am