Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 ULL Game Thread (in case El Gato is MIA)...... 
SuperCat

Post Re: ULL Game Thread (in case El Gato is MIA)......
Saul Goodman wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: you're making my point for me.

fisher is a hell of a coach and has an incredibly talented team this year - yet he is 1-3. something so easy to do, and with so much talent available, but 1-3.
dantonio has 3 conference titles, yet his team went 3-9 last year after going 36-5 the 3 years previous. how does that happen when coaching is so easy?
les miles won a national championship w/ players saban never met in the middle of a 4yr run where the team went 44-9, but he couldn't win? it's easy!

Well, with all of the national success we've had over the years why are we worrying! :o

Still, please tell me why you're talking about HC success vs offensive production. I'm so confused how you got on this topic. A good coach knows when to cut bait. I think withers will make some staff changes.

Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:09 pm
True Bobcat Fan

LSU Bobcat wrote:
I agree. Saul probably thinks I was going after Withers. He trek into HC's winning and losing made no sense when talking about offensive production. Question would be who's calling those predictable plays. Wither or fleming?

i don't think you were "going after" withers. i think you made a shit argument about coaching being easy. doesn't matter if it's coaching ball security or qb reads or blocking a stunt or winning a national championship - none of that is easy.

my overall point on this is that our roster is a much bigger reason we are losing games than our staff is. every coaching staff looks better w/ better players - a point you made w/ saban losing to ulm.

Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:12 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

LSU Bobcat wrote:
How did you get on this tangent? I brought you offensive production and you've transitioned into winning as a team. Do you even know how to follow a conversation?

In case you haven't noticed, the answer to that is no. :lol: :lol:

Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:14 pm
SuperCat

Saul Goodman wrote:
LSU Bobcat wrote:
I agree. Saul probably thinks I was going after Withers. He trek into HC's winning and losing made no sense when talking about offensive production. Question would be who's calling those predictable plays. Wither or fleming?

i don't think you were "going after" withers. i think you made a shit argument about coaching being easy. doesn't matter if it's coaching ball security or qb reads or blocking a stunt or winning a national championship - none of that is easy.

my overall point on this is that our roster is a much bigger reason we are losing games than our staff is. every coaching staff looks better w/ better players - a point you made w/ saban losing to ulm.

Being a HC has nothing to do with assistants coaching technique. Your argument is shit because it's not even relevant to my issue. Winning and losing as a HC compared to offensive production? Admit you got yourself lost in the conversation and went off on a talent

It's comical you think les was a good HC. He's a prime example of a coach who didn't know when to fire. He kept his good ole boy network going and failed.

Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:26 pm
True Bobcat Fan

LSU Bobcat wrote:
It's comical you think les was a good HC. He's a prime example of a coach who didn't know when to fire. He kept his good ole boy network going and failed.

it's comical you can't admit that les was a good coach in a brutal division with the best college coach in history.
LSU Bobcat wrote:
Being a HC has nothing to do with assistants coaching technique.

parts to the whole - every aspect of winning (head coach) goes back to the simplest building blocks (position coaches). teams that win aren't led by hall of famers, but staffed by carnies and ditchdiggers. it's not easy, contrary to your belief.

Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:34 pm
SuperCat

Saul Goodman wrote:
parts to the whole - every aspect of winning (head coach) goes back to the simplest building blocks (position coaches). teams that win aren't led by hall of famers, but staffed by carnies and ditchdiggers. it's not easy, contrary to your belief.

Finally. You understand what i'm saying. Took you long enough. We need to change a few parts to fix the whole. Miles was forced to have some parts (pelini and jimbo) and he succeeded. He brought in his guys and failed. Forced to have Chavis then half succeeded since he wouldn't fire his boy at OC.

And will you finally stop avoiding the question? Where did you get winning related to being easy? Teaching fundamentals is easy, contrary to your belief.

Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:47 pm
True Bobcat Fan

LSU Bobcat wrote:
Teaching fundamentals is easy, contrary to your belief.

false. if it was, turnovers wouldn't be so important to winning. they'd be outliers.

Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:51 pm
SuperCat

Saul Goodman wrote:
LSU Bobcat wrote:
Teaching fundamentals is easy, contrary to your belief.

false. if it was, turnovers wouldn't be so important to winning. they'd be outliers.

False. TEACHING them is easy. Being ranked 108th in TO's means there's something wrong with the teaching.

And will you finally stop avoiding the question? Where did you get winning related to being easy? I'd still like to know how you drew yourself into this corner.

Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:59 pm
SuperCat

Teaching fundamentals is easy. Teaching fundamentals to the level that players can execute at game speed against teams with more physical talent is hard. Teaching all of that in the 2 months you have to get a bunch of freshmen up to speed (our situation) is damn near impossible.

Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:00 pm
SuperCat

LT Spider wrote:
Teaching fundamentals is easy. Teaching fundamentals to the level that players can execute at game speed against teams with more physical talent is hard. Teaching all of that in the 2 months you have to get a bunch of freshmen up to speed (our situation) is damn near impossible.

So Williams is a freshman now?

let's go back to what my comment was, since you guys clearly seem to get off topic easily. More focus needs to be placed on fundamentals, pocket awareness, throwing, routes, ball security, catching, etc. We learn these fundamentals at an early age. These are not new to these kids. More emphasis needs to be placed on fundamentals by our assistant coaches. That includes every player, from new to vet.

Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:15 pm
True Bobcat Fan

LSU Bobcat wrote:
Where did you get winning related to being easy? I'd still like to know how you drew yourself into this corner.

answered multiple times already, you just didn't like the answer. sorry?
LSU Bobcat wrote:
TEACHING them is easy. Being ranked 108th in TO's means there's something wrong with the teaching.

or the player sucks - a single player is responsible for half of our turnovers.

by your reasoning though, a coach is responsible for turnovers. brett favre led the nfl in int twice - was that because of his coach, or because of him?

Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:19 pm
Site Admin

So... I have not really been engaged for several years now, what with having a wife, two kids, a mortgage, a job with a lot more responsibility than my old one, etc., etc., etc...

That said, I have tuned in for portions of each game this year that has been on TV (until I get bored with the shit show)... I'm shocked at how truly BAD we are. I really don't think I've ever seen a Bobcat football team that was this BAD.

Young team - that's just an excuse, these are all 2 and 3* recruits that should know how to hold onto the damn ball

I was optimistic about Withers, but he's not making the adjustments in-game or in practice to bring this team to winning. We were absolutely shut down last night by a team that is not good. We looked like a bunch of amateurs.

If we win another game this year, I will be shocked. If we win more than 1 game next year, I will be shocked.

I've been saying this for 13 years now... Fire Teis and all will be better

Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:22 pm
SuperCat

Saul Goodman wrote:
LSU Bobcat wrote:
Where did you get winning related to being easy? I'd still like to know how you drew yourself into this corner.

answered multiple times already, you just didn't like the answer. sorry?
LSU Bobcat wrote:
TEACHING them is easy. Being ranked 108th in TO's means there's something wrong with the teaching.

or the player sucks - a single player is responsible for half of our turnovers.

by your reasoning though, a coach is responsible for turnovers. brett favre led the nfl in int twice - was that because of his coach, or because of him?

You're talking about INT. Those can come from bad route, dropped ball, poor throw, and good defense. That's a lot of coaching in that equation.

Who do you think should correct that issue? You're leaving it up to the player?

You like who we have designing and calling the plays? You enjoy predictability?

And yes, I think we can get more out of our offensive players than we currently do. I'm not ready to throw them all under the bus.

Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:24 pm
True Bobcat Fan

treacherous wrote:
Young team - that's just an excuse, these are all 2 and 3* recruits that should know how to hold onto the damn ball

there are only 4 levels of recruits, and those are the bottom 2.

Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:38 pm
True Bobcat Fan

LSU Bobcat wrote:
Who do you think should correct that issue? You're leaving it up to the player?

not leaving it up to anyone, but ultimately players make plays. coaches can only do so much. at some point, a player has to get 4 points of contact on a ball and keep it in his possession, or eat a ball instead of making a bad throw.
LSU Bobcat wrote:
You like who we have designing and calling the plays? You enjoy predictability?

i don't have a real problem w/ our plays or playcalling, but without decent talent, it's very tough to grade them. i keep seeing us do a pretty good job of marching up the field, only to see a turnover or missed fg kill us. our red zone offense is true ass, but that goes back to the talent on the ol not being able to move anyone off the line. i know this - i like it a hell of a lot better than when we had fran, that's for damn sure. now THAT was predictable playcalling.
LSU Bobcat wrote:
And yes, I think we can get more out of our offensive players than we currently do.

how? with that ol, please tell me what you would do to get more out of the offense in our next game.

Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:45 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next