My apathy should be directed at who? 
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: My apathy should be directed at who?
We would have to be a Boise from back in the day

Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:20 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

VP98 wrote:
I'm not sure that anybody is watching but ESPN College Gameday is at James Madison University interviewing coach Mike Houston and talking about how great of a run he has had there. An internet search mentions him with the job at Penn State. In any case does this mean that Texas State was actually a downgrade for Withers from JMU considering that College Gameday is actually on their campus today rather than at the Texas OU game. Can you think of any scenario where College Gameday would ever come to our wonderful campus?

If we were ranked in the top 25 and we were playing a team like Tech or UH again and they were ranked too. :sombrero:

Watching College Gameday also, and a scary thought crossed my mind. If JMU were to move up in the next three years, they'd eat our lunch much like UTSA has twice now.

Texas State was an upgrade that Withers made into a downgrade. There was a ton of interest in our program when Fran stepped aside. Withers set us back to year one in FBS, it's up to him to dig us out now.

Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:30 am
True Bobcat Fan

VP98 wrote:
Can you think of any scenario where College Gameday would ever come to our wonderful campus?

drop back down to fcs, go undefeated, hope for no big fbs matchups that day. same way the fcs gameday gets picked (or not) every year.

fun fact: withers was the coach at jmu when gameday first visited harrisonburg in 2015.

actual way: have a season like troy did last year, then be undefeated and ranked late in the season, preferably when the $ec!$ec!$ec! plays their late season fcs games.

Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:00 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Saul Goodman wrote:
VP98 wrote:
Can you think of any scenario where College Gameday would ever come to our wonderful campus?

actual way: have a season like troy did last year, then be undefeated and ranked late in the season, preferably when the $ec!$ec!$ec! plays their late season fcs games.

Nailed it. Have to create a national buzz and get butts in the seat and that happens really only one way: Win games and win a way to break into the national rankings. Even in one year it won't happen I don't think, it would take multiple years of repeated success such that the Texas State name is a name being talked about consistently in the sports news rooms water coolers. Then get the right big time game with huge implications such as a ranked P5 team or even the UTSA rivalry game especially if those guys are doing well too. I really think continued success with them could only help us out too, at least from a fan attendance standpoint, not so much on the recruiting front.

It could happen. Bottom line though: need to win games.

Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:53 am
True Bobcat Fan

El Gato, dude you must have been down to San Marcos recently and picked up some good stuff while you were there in order to come up with that rosy picture.

I would bet my retirement that Game Day never comes to our campus. I think the demise of college football is within about 20 years anyway and we won't have to waste all of this money anymore.

Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:08 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Same shit different opponent we should have beat. Run on 1st down every time get behind sticks. Punt. Run on plays we would be better off passing and vice versa. Punting when we are not in a positon to come from behind and come back and going for it on 4th when we are still in the game and should be punting it. Throwing across field too much that can cause the pick 6. (We didnt' have one this game thankfully) Our offense inside 35 yard line and inside 10 can’t score . Feels like our kickoff team lets them start at midfield all the time. Defense plays tough and offense scores for other team. Same shit same withers. Has the talent to get him to the redzone and much worse inside the 10 and has no play call or the coaching to get in end zone. Then Withers is still telling QBs to take sacks or intentional grounding when pressure is minimal and we never throw it away when we should.

Constant chokes across midfield and specifically in the redzone indicates more of a personnel issue than lack of player talent alone. We had enough yards and the right field position to hang in that game or even win it but when it comes to scoring points with the right play or coaching the kids up to know what to do in a certain critical situations that has to fall on the coaches

Despite WJIII's pick inside the RZ 10 (or was it inside the 5?) I'm really excited about things that I have seen from him. Although it may have been against the worse defense we'll see this year I was ecstatic to see how he picks up on blitz, scampers and throws it away. Yeah he took some sacks that he shouldn't have that were detrimental just like Williams I think he is light years ahead of Williams with in-game decision making. Really ecstatic to see what WJIII can do for us in the future should Withers ever decide to fix our secondary dumpster fire to keep our offense in the game. Roach Dimery and Eastling had better step up and live up to their recruiting ranking and hype sooner rather than later as they may have a huge impact on how many light years this rebuild takes. The offensive line and special teams may no longer our weakest units, it is the secondary

Last edited by Bobbumman on Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:13 am, edited 3 times in total.

Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:15 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Bobbumman wrote:
program we should have beat.

how so?

Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:13 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

VP98 wrote:

Unless the upper deck collapses killing the 17 fans sitting below and Gameday comes in a show of support, it'll never happen. I'm kidding. We have 85 people killed week in and week out for 20 years and no one gives a shit.

Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:19 am
True Bobcat Fan

Hey, I was wondering if you think that our dumpster fire could beat James Madison?

Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:25 pm
True Bobcat Fan

I know the question wasn't directed at me . . .

But, uuuuhh, NO . .

I doubt that in our present condition we could even hang with SHSU . . .

Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:58 am
True Bobcat Fan

true.

Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:51 pm
SuperCat

The tops FCS teams can beat the bottom FBS teams most years. Im sure there are a lot of FCS teams that could beat.

Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:14 am