My apathy should be directed at who? 
True Bobcat Fan

Post My apathy should be directed at who?
I havent been here in a bit, but I see we lost spectacularly. I will eventually read the game threads and the other rants, but is it correct to plan we suck and the season is lost by now? Trying to plan my future saturdays.

Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:54 pm
SuperCat

Post Re: My apathy should be directed at who?
It should be directed:

1. Larry for creating this environment.

2. Somewhat at yourself. It's still your alma mater. It sucks to keep showing up and writing that check each year so I get it.

Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:01 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

At LT Spider for not realizing that Larry is a byproduct of Trauth not giving a crap about our Athletics Program to find better.

Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:12 pm
True Bobcat Fan

At least we don't still play in a stadium with a track around the field and soccer lines on the turf... Just finished watching the Buffalo 7 overtime game and that's what they have for a field.

Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:18 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I realize this might be hard to fathom here Justin but please try to follow...

There is a certain amount of people that would rather we have a winning program with a track around the field and the occasional soccer mark on the field than have the perennial 1-11 team playing in an empty 30,000 seat stadium each Saturday.

Now if you are into field esthetics, 'what color uniform will we have this week' and 'how did the Strutters perform at halftime' group I do realize that the above might not make much sense to you.

Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:27 pm
SuperCat

cpwhite wrote:
At LT Spider for not realizing that Larry is a byproduct of Trauth not giving a crap about our Athletics Program to find better.

Actually you can find posts from me made on this forum in the last 10 days addressing that exact issue, but thanks for playing.

Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:28 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

LT Spider wrote:
cpwhite wrote:

Actually you can find posts from me made on this forum in the last 10 days addressing that exact issue, but thanks for playing.

That's awesome! I'm glad you're now onboard! Been here since 2007 saying the same.

Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:32 pm
SuperCat

As I've said in my other posts, she's 70 and likely retiring soon. Hiring a new president that cares about athletics should be a priority for all of us. Of course, that will take giving a shit, which isn't our strong suit as a whole.

Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:35 pm
True Bobcat Fan

cpwhite wrote:
I realize this might be hard to fathom here Justin but please try to follow...

There is a certain amount of people that would rather we have a winning program with a track around the field and the occasional soccer mark on the field than have the perennial 1-11 team playing in an empty 30,000 seat stadium each Saturday.

Now if you are into field esthetics, 'what color uniform will we have this week' and 'how did the Strutters perform at halftime' group I do realize that the above might not make much sense to you.

Just trying to find some positives in our current situation. Not sure how my original comment was misconstrued. Having a nice stadium and winning are not mutually exclusive. It's not one or the other. I want both.

Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:05 am
True Bobcat Fan

LT Spider wrote:
As I've said in my other posts, she's 70 and likely retiring soon. Hiring a new president that cares about athletics should be a priority for all of us. Of course, that will take giving a shit, which isn't our strong suit as a whole.

I'm just afraid that we will get some a-hole who thinks we are too big for our britches and wants to put us back in our place. There is a lot of anti-education sentiment out there. The leg has actually been good to us (name change, FBS, RR Center, Emerging research university) but that has gone un-noticed and can change.

Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:11 pm
True Bobcat Fan

I thought the beauty of apathy was that it didn't have to be directed. I mean, who the fuck cares, amiright?

Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:11 am
True Bobcat Fan

lurker wrote:
I thought the beauty of apathy was that it didn't have to be directed. I mean, who the fuck cares, amiright?

I'd respond to this, But . . . ..

Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:26 am
True Bobcat Fan

booze can make you try to care. I didnt even notice we had a game already this week till came here

Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:34 pm
True Bobcat Fan

darussian12 wrote:
booze can make you try to care. I didnt even notice we had a game already this week till came here

Please tell me you have fed your Pomeranian lately.....

Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:50 pm
True Bobcat Fan

I'm not sure that anybody is watching but ESPN College Gameday is at James Madison University interviewing coach Mike Houston and talking about how great of a run he has had there. An internet search mentions him with the job at Penn State. In any case does this mean that Texas State was actually a downgrade for Withers from JMU considering that College Gameday is actually on their campus today rather than at the Texas OU game. Can you think of any scenario where College Gameday would ever come to our wonderful campus?

Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:55 am