Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Accountability 
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: Accountability
here is the bottom line regarding attendance... when your schedule is chalked full of teams the average fan either doesn't care about or hasn't even heard of (disclaimer-- our conference is full of them) and then you lose to said team expect the absolute worse outcome for butts in seats

again it reverts back to larry boy not fighting hard enough for us to be apart of CUSA in 2012. butts in seats attendance would average over 25k with unt, marshall, wku and maybe even little bitty rice if neither of the fans at those schools even traveled well to san marcos. we already know attendance was decent with la tech really good with usm and great with utsa.

Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:48 am
Bobcat Wannabe

Bobcat.taxman wrote:
SATXST wrote:
Keff or any reporter that's reading this, please ask some questions to withers that hold him accountable for this crap product on the field. Instead of general blanket questions a middle schooler can come up with like "what does this team need to do to beat ULL on a short week after this loss?" How about some in depth detailed football questions explaining why we suck every week and haven't been competitive. All I've heard after every post game conference are softball questions. Don't be afraid to question his actions. It's your job.

Good luck with that. Last season, I was the only one who asked the tough questions. Now it's sad to watch the press conferences because no one will ask about adjustments, downward program trajectory, lack of offensive output for two seasons in a row, etc etc etc. I actually respected Withers for his answers, because he knew how to dance around them like a seasoned coach.

This is absolutely laughable. Do you not remember getting on BobcatReport's Twitter last season and bitching about Withers not letting the team high-five fans after a loss? Then I asked you why you didn't bring that up in the press conference - because you were notoriously known to never asking questions in press conferences - and your response was that you didn't have a chance because "all the homer reporters took up all the time." But, yeah, you were the only one asking that asked "tough questions." And to call me the homer when you were the one that routinely showed up to the press box in a TXST hat and/or shirt.

If you go back and watch that press conference (which I haven't), I asked him around seven questions, maybe more including follow ups. I even asked him to clarify what he mean't by taking the blame. I didn't let him off the hook. He gets short like that after frustrating games so everybody there knew that pressing more wasn't going to get us anywhere. We've been down that road. Best example is post game after the UIW win last year when he was made they didn't win by more.

Not to mention, I'm on a deadline for the Statesman so I don't have to time to go back and forth on a thousand one word answers.

Today's press conference was much better, he was much more open and willing to go into detail about what happened and what he needs to do going forward so go find that one if you can. Right after a loss is never the best time to talk to anybody but we got a good stuff today.

To the initial question of this thread asking us to ask better questions, I'll step it up. You want answers and it's my job to get them to you. Sorry for not noticing this on Saturday, I'll start checking more. The only reason I saw it and am responding is because somebody at the press conference told me Cherif was talking shit.

Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:46 pm
SuperCat

Ok , thanks Rev and Taxman. So just have to keep waiting 'till next year. :wink:

Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:39 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

BobcatBuddy96 wrote:
Ok , thanks Rev and Taxman. So just have to keep waiting 'till next year. :wink:

I know... It's depressing isn't it?

We need a good AD, a good hire (to me, jury is still out on Withers, but I am still encouraged), and then that would be the last "rebuild".

Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:43 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Keff, you're doing a good job. Keep it up.

Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:51 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:36 pm
Junior Bobcat

Watch the intro then go to 4 minute mark. You can't
make this up!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFknswToecc

Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:54 pm
Bobcat Wannabe

Thank you keff for your response....appreciate you taking the time to respond to my initial post....shows you care about what you're doing. Anyone know where to find today's press conference? Not seeing it on the YouTube channel...

Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:48 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Keff wrote:
Bobcat.taxman wrote:
SATXST wrote:
Keff or any reporter that's reading this, please ask some questions to withers that hold him accountable for this crap product on the field. Instead of general blanket questions a middle schooler can come up with like "what does this team need to do to beat ULL on a short week after this loss?" How about some in depth detailed football questions explaining why we suck every week and haven't been competitive. All I've heard after every post game conference are softball questions. Don't be afraid to question his actions. It's your job.

Good luck with that. Last season, I was the only one who asked the tough questions. Now it's sad to watch the press conferences because no one will ask about adjustments, downward program trajectory, lack of offensive output for two seasons in a row, etc etc etc. I actually respected Withers for his answers, because he knew how to dance around them like a seasoned coach.

This is absolutely laughable. Do you not remember getting on BobcatReport's Twitter last season and bitching about Withers not letting the team high-five fans after a loss? Then I asked you why you didn't bring that up in the press conference - because you were notoriously known to never asking questions in press conferences - and your response was that you didn't have a chance because "all the homer reporters took up all the time." But, yeah, you were the only one asking that asked "tough questions." And to call me the homer when you were the one that routinely showed up to the press box in a TXST hat and/or shirt.

If you go back and watch that press conference (which I haven't), I asked him around seven questions, maybe more including follow ups. I even asked him to clarify what he mean't by taking the blame. I didn't let him off the hook. He gets short like that after frustrating games so everybody there knew that pressing more wasn't going to get us anywhere. We've been down that road. Best example is post game after the UIW win last year when he was made they didn't win by more.

Not to mention, I'm on a deadline for the Statesman so I don't have to time to go back and forth on a thousand one word answers.

Today's press conference was much better, he was much more open and willing to go into detail about what happened and what he needs to do going forward so go find that one if you can. Right after a loss is never the best time to talk to anybody but we got a good stuff today.

To the initial question of this thread asking us to ask better questions, I'll step it up. You want answers and it's my job to get them to you. Sorry for not noticing this on Saturday, I'll start checking more. The only reason I saw it and am responding is because somebody at the press conference told me Cherif was talking shit.

Keff - you're doing a great job, keep up the good work.

Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:37 pm
SuperCat

I know Withers had very good recruiting class, and hope next will be the same. Just wondering, how many from class stick around on avg.? I know it can change greatly from yr to yr, but just a round number would give me an idea. Thanks

Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:50 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

SATXST wrote:
Thank you keff for your response....appreciate you taking the time to respond to my initial post....shows you care about what you're doing. Anyone know where to find today's press conference? Not seeing it on the YouTube channel...

It's up now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjbTHGIe-Vs

Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:52 pm
True Bobcat Fan

BobcatBuddy96 wrote:
I know Withers had very good recruiting class, and hope next will be the same. Just wondering, how many from class stick around on avg.? I know it can change greatly from yr to yr, but just a round number would give me an idea. Thanks

i've actually been thinking about this exact question, because the person who should be answering the op's question, is fran, not withers. i'll put our attrition numbers since fbs together tomorrow morning.

edit: there's no real average across fbs, because there are so many variables from army to alabama. the 25/85 rule gives an avg(ish) - you're going to lose about 15% over 4 years(5?). but schools lose 15 one year, none the next 2, and so on.

Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:52 pm
True Bobcat Fan

1999bigcat wrote:
make this up!

30:55 mark. Told us he didn’t expect fans to have patience and defined fantatic and said it was okay for us to want something right away. Promised he was going to make us proud and give us an exciting brand of football. Has this been upheld? What is exciting about being a bobcat right now? Is there a sense of urgency in his games? These are the questions Keff needs to be asking him. How he is doing on the mission he said he originally was after?

-Bill O'Brien

Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:10 pm
Bobcat Wannabe

Bobbumman wrote:
1999bigcat wrote:
make this up!

30:55 mark. Told us he didn’t expect fans to have patience and defined fantatic and said it was okay for us to want something right away. Promised he was going to make us proud and give us an exciting brand of football. Has this been upheld? What is exciting about being a bobcat right now? Is there a sense of urgency in his games? These are the questions Keff needs to be asking him. How he is doing on the mission he said he originally was after?

THIS.....exactly what I was questioning in the original post. Thank you bobbumman!

Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:02 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Keff wrote:

At some point, you have to stop spreading lies about people. When you implied I was racist because of an assessment on LG Williams, I let it go. When you told people I "showed up drunk after tailgating to the press box" (I worked at a bank and had gone straight to the game after work), I let it go. But if you keep spreading baseless and factless lies, we're going to have issues. By the way, if I had shown up wearing ANY Texas State gear to a press box, Rick Poulter would have kicked me out in a heartbeat. And I don't even own a TxSt hat, btw.

And yes, you are absolutely a homer for Withers. You write only what he wants you to and ask only softball questions like "how is recruiting going" after a game in which we lost by over 30 and the running game was dead last in the nation. I didn't ask Withers about the high fives because that is NOT an issue that arose from the game (subjective). But if you go back to that presser, I DID ask about the running game being 128th in the NCAA and averaging 2.1 YPC (objective). That's how journalism works, since you seemed to have missed that day when they taught news in journalism school.

Last edited by Bobcat.taxman on Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:07 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next