Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 ***GameDay Thread VS ULM '17*** 
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: ***GameDay Thread VS ULM '17***
nineoneo wrote:

Last time I checked, alumni don't coach players or call plays that determine outcomes of football games.

Attendance doesn't magically make a 1-11 team good. Coaching and recruiting do. Put this team in front of an Alabama sized crowd for the entire year and I guarantee they suck just as much as they would with a crowd size of 800.

This!

Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:28 pm
SuperCat

More magic wand theory. We just hire the right guy and all our problems are solved.

Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:29 pm
SuperCat

Put us in front of an Alabama sized crowd and see if we still have the same quality of players. It's a two way street with people only acknowledging one.

Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:31 pm
True Bobcat Fan

LT Spider wrote:
Put us in front of an Alabama sized crowd and see if we still have the same quality of players. It's a two way street with people only acknowledging one.

No one wants to play for a team that shows a lack of commitment to winning. Regardless of how big your attendance is.

Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:39 pm
SuperCat

Did we show any improvement? I didn't see 1st half, but 2nd half was bad. Also, ULM qb had career pass yards against us--- :cry:

Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:13 pm
True Bobcat Fan

LT Spider wrote:
Bobcat87 wrote:
LT Spider wrote:
I'm in the stands. Solid 800 people here if you don't count the band and ulm fans. Yet people keep saying we deserve a better football program.

Not gonna argue with you, but 7 winning seasons in the last 33. . . .

. . . Why would you expect folks to come out in large numbers to support a crap program that basically puts a crap product In front of those who are willing to come out and part with their hard earned cash . . .

If we put a winning product on the field, and no one came out to watch, your observation about lousy attendance might be eye opening . . .

You want butts in seats . . . put a better product on the field ... .

. . and yeah, I DO think that our long suffering (emphasis on suffering) fans deserve a better football program . . .

JMO . .

And you want a better product on the field? Put more than 800 butts in the seats. Have donations more than most fcs teams. I understand it's a chicken and egg argument but the only way we are going to get the coaches, players, and money that we deserve is to do better. If we suck then we suck but anybody saying we deserve better is a fool. We are what we deserve.

There's a reason they say: "Winning cures all ills." And you're a Fool if you don't understand that ... .

Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:30 pm
SuperCat

And you are a fool if you think that winning magically happens in a vacuum.

Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:33 pm
True Bobcat Fan

LT Spider wrote:
And you are a fool if you think that winning magically happens in a vacuum.

You sure you didn't' go to UTSA? Cause your reading skills are lacking . . . I never said winning took p,ace in a vacuum.

I did say that 7 winning seasons in the last 33 is pathetic . . . and in light of that fact, you're a fool if you think people are going to come out in huge numbers to support a crap program.

Is that plain and simple enough to understand.

Win and you get Attendance . . . pretty simple . .

Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:37 pm
SuperCat

Despite your needless rudeness to a fellow bobcat, I will respond. If we started winning because we hired a coach that can make something out of nothing, he would just leave after a good season or two. It is always what has happened in the past. If we want to change the overall trajectory of the program it takes more than making the right hire and winning for a short period of time. WE have to have a fanbase and AD that will elevate the program to a point to where even if the solid coach leaves we can replace him with somebody equally good and keep building.

Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:42 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Don't remember who, but someone called Attendance a "chicken/Egg thing". But I really don't believe it is.

Fans are not required to attend games, they're not required to spend their hard earned money and time on the program. It's not inherent that fans blindly support the program regardless of the results the program produces.

At the end of the day, the games played are just another form of entertainment. IF the program wants fans to spend their hard earned money and time on the program, than it is inherent that the Program Produce a Product worthy of the Fans Hard Earned Money and time.

If the Program is incapable of producing a product worthy of the fans money and time, well, that ain't on the Fans. That's on the Program.

When you've been as bad as we've been, for as long as we've been, that ain't the fault of the Fans . . That's a Piss Poor Program.

We'd all like to see better fan support for the program, but it's incumbent on the program to produce a product worthy of the fans time and money.

Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:23 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Saul Goodman wrote:
made gameday:

Who picked this color? That color is not gold, it is piss. We sent a team out there wearing piss colored uniforms and they played like shit. What an embarrassment.

Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:28 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I thought the color more of a baby-shit yellow myself. :oops:

Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:21 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

How's this for a measurable...

We are hosting a female exchange student from France. Saturday's game was her second American football game, her first being Lehman High School.

She said she likes football, but found the Bobcat game depressing compared to the high school game.

Let that sink in... someone from another country that knows nothing about football has identified our D1 FBS collegiate football program as more depressing than a bad high school football team.

I respectfully disagree with time on the internet being "wasted." I would've never known that a monkey would fall over after smelling his own, stinky finger if it wasn't for the glory of the internet.

Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:35 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

All I got out of that is that bleed gold is a dirty old man housing high school kids in his home.

Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:55 am
True Bobcat Fan

SWT84 wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:
made gameday:

Who picked this color? That color is not gold, it is piss. We sent a team out there wearing piss colored uniforms and they played like shit. What an embarrassment.

It did look like Bobcat piss.

Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:19 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next