Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 ***GameDay Thread VS ULM '17*** 
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Re: ***GameDay Thread VS ULM '17***
Conceivably we could go more than 2 calendar seasons without a FBS win.

Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:54 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Empty stadium or full stadium, doesn't matter if you don't have the players, coaching, and administration that are all on the same page and won't accept anything but winning.

It comes from the top down. We need a new AD that is committed to having a winning football program.

Last edited by JustinS09 on Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:56 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

LT, the answer was never to waste millions of dollars to build a 30,000+ seat stadium with our 3-11k attendance averages without improving the on field product first.

Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:57 pm
Junior Bobcat

Is it too late to get a refund on the stadium and stop playing football?

Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:57 pm
True Bobcat Fan

cpwhite wrote:
LT, the answer was never to waste millions of dollars to build a 30,000+ seat stadium with our 3-11k attendance averages without improving the on field product first.

My freshman year was the year before they built the add on bowl. We averaged 15k in a15k stadium. It was full every game and we were only having average seasons. We needed the upgrade.

Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:59 pm
SuperCat

The upgrade was necessary to go fbs. It's also irrelevant to why we have 800 people at most in the stands right now. There are some shit teams out there that do better than this. We lack commitment to winning at the AD level and the fan level. The only reason I started on this rant is because of the people that say we deserve better. If you are an fbs team that draws worse than a 3a high school team you don't deserve shit.

Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:02 pm
Junior Bobcat

LT Spider wrote:
The upgrade was necessary to go fbs. It's also irrelevant to why we have 800 people at most in the stands right now. There are some shit teams out there that do better than this. We lack commitment to winning at the AD level and the fan level. The only reason I started on this rant is because of the people that say we deserve better. If you are an fbs team that draws worse than a 3a high school team you don't deserve shit.

Looking at the attendance numbers, there are at least 3-4 teams that have less than half of our average home attendance and have on average 4-5 wins more than us over the past 3-5 years.

Last year the team with the worst Average attendance Ball State with 7,789 (we had 18,120) and went 4-10. Their average is a LOT worse than ours since FBS and have a better on field product than us at this point.

Last edited by nineoneo on Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:05 pm
SuperCat

Our attendance is pretty bizarre. We have 32k one game and 2000 the next. I don't know of anybody else that has swings like that.

Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:07 pm
True Bobcat Fan

LT Spider wrote:
Our attendance is pretty bizarre. We have 32k one game and 2000 the next. I don't know of anybody else that has swings like that.

All it shows is that we have the fanbase, but need wins or more big opponents to consistently have good attendance. I would rather have more wins over more big programs, but either way would result in better attendance.

Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:10 pm
SuperCat

No argument that better attendance would come with more wins. It's just a question of how we pick our program up off the mat at this point. I really don't see a way forward without more fan involvement. Obviously the AD is a huge factor in that but we have less than 50 students not counting the band and team at the game right now. We have almost 40,000 students. Alumni situation is just as pathetic.

Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:14 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Let's be honest shall we -Trauth is the problem Larry is the symptom. There is no way that Larry's performance since he became AD would be tolerated under competent management.

Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:15 pm
Junior Bobcat

LT Spider wrote:
No argument that better attendance would come with more wins. It's just a question of how we pick our program up off the mat at this point. I really don't see a way forward without more fan involvement. Obviously the AD is a huge factor in that but we have less than 50 students not counting the band and team at the game right now. We have almost 40,000 students. Alumni situation is just as pathetic.

Yeah, what alumni wouldn't pass at the chance to spend hours of their weekend to go watch a 1 - 11 team.

Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:18 pm
SuperCat

nineoneo wrote:
LT Spider wrote:

Yeah, what alumni wouldn't pass at the chance to spend hours of their weekend to go watch a 1 - 11 team.

So you tell me a way to get where we want to be that doesn't require alumni to give a shit.

Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:21 pm
Junior Bobcat

LT Spider wrote:
nineoneo wrote:
LT Spider wrote:

So you tell me a way to get where we want to be that doesn't require alumni to give a shit.

Last time I checked, alumni don't coach players or call plays that determine outcomes of football games.

Attendance doesn't magically make a 1-11 team good. Coaching and recruiting do. Put this team in front of an Alabama sized crowd for the entire year and I guarantee they suck just as much as they would with a crowd size of 800.

Last edited by nineoneo on Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:22 pm
True Bobcat Fan

So depressed and dissapointed right now. I see 1 maybe 2 wins from here. Coastal and GAST

Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:23 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next