Accountability 
Junior Bobcat

Post Accountability
Keff or any reporter that's reading this, please ask some questions to withers that hold him accountable for this crap product on the field. Instead of general blanket questions a middle schooler can come up with like "what does this team need to do to beat ULL on a short week after this loss?" How about some in depth detailed football questions explaining why we suck every week and haven't been competitive. All I've heard after every post game conference are softball questions. Don't be afraid to question his actions. It's your job.

Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:24 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: Accountability
More softball type questions in the press conference. Nothing that really digs into why we aren't seeing improvement. Sounded like Keff did press him on one response and Withers said he didn't Coach well.

Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:42 pm
True Bobcat Fan

The reason why there is little improvement is that we are two years into a total shit can and rebuild that I guess is actually going to take 3-4 years. I would be okay with it if I thought that EW would be obliged to stay 3-4 years after his first winning teams. The reality is if he wins eight games and wins a bowl game he is probably gone.

Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:04 pm
Junior Bobcat

They would rather not poke the bear and play this coaching staff's "messenger boy" instead of doing any investigative journalism. Hell, anyone can post stats in a column and call it a report. Do some digging. Press people for answers. Don't just settle for the obligatory PC answer.

Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:14 pm
True Bobcat Fan

I was just watching the presser … And he is so condescending to everyone in the room, like he's going to be able to fix this and just leave them alone. This program is so disappointing on all levels, that it breaks my heart. I still put my flag out every Saturday, but it's becoming harder and harder to support a group of people who doesn't seem to want to do anything better.

It's systemic, Trauth, Teis and on down.

Not only was the coaching search poorly executed, they didn't find the answer and we're (literally) in worse shape than we were w/ Fran.

/rant

Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:25 pm
Junior Bobcat

VP98 wrote:
The reason why there is little improvement is that we are two years into a total shit can and rebuild that I guess is actually going to take 3-4 years. I would be okay with it if I thought that EW would be obliged to stay 3-4 years after his first winning teams. The reality is if he wins eight games and wins a bowl game he is probably gone.

ULM hired viator around the same time we hired our coach if not a couple months prior to withers and look where they are. (1st in the sunbelt). So if viator can put together a better team in Monroe Louisiana at a better pace than withers in a place like San Marcos Texas then we have a real problem.

Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:28 pm
True Bobcat Fan

SATXST wrote:
VP98 wrote:

ULM hired viator around the same time we hired our coach if not a couple months prior to withers and look where they are. (1st in the sunbelt). So if viator can put together a better team in Monroe Louisiana at a better pace than withers in a place like San Marcos Texas then we have a real problem.

I want to agree with this, but we were arguably in much worse shape with the way Fran left us than they were.

It's astonishing that Teis turned a blind eye to Fran running this program into the ground. What's even more astonishing, is that if Fran hadn't retired, Teis would have let him stay around another couple years.

Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:32 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

mikehoncho wrote:
It's systemic, Trauth, Teis and on down.

/QFT. It has always been this.

Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:10 pm
Bobcat Wannabe

JustinS09 wrote:
SATXST wrote:
VP98 wrote:

I want to agree with this, but we were arguably in much worse shape with the way Fran left us than they were.

It's astonishing that Teis turned a blind eye to Fran running this program into the ground. What's even more astonishing, is that if Fran hadn't retired, Teis would have let him stay around another couple years.

Teis has always turned a blind eye to the program. Teis has the personality of a grapefruit and the warmth of a snow pea - he has zero passion, solipsistic and displays narcissistic tendencies. Trauth and Teis have always turned a blind eye to our entire athletic program. It starts at the top. Until we band together and hit the eject button - you just better buckle up and embrace the suck.

Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:28 pm
True Bobcat Fan

SATXST wrote:
Keff or any reporter that's reading this, please ask some questions to withers that hold him accountable for this crap product on the field.

how about you have a clue as to what's out there first.

you whiny motherfuckers who don't pay attention to recruiting, attrition, or injuries and bitch about the end result are the absolute worst. if you can't watch this team and see where we're headed, regardless of win/loss this year, you should stop watching altogether.

Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:03 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Saul Goodman wrote:
SATXST wrote:
Keff or any reporter that's reading this, please ask some questions to withers that hold him accountable for this crap product on the field.

you whiny motherfuckers who don't pay attention to recruiting, attrition, or injuries and bitch about the end result are the absolute worst. if you can't watch this team and see where we're headed, regardless of win/loss this year, you should stop watching altogether.

Boom. Headshot.

Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:07 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Saul Goodman wrote:
SATXST wrote:

has anyone told you, you are an a-hole. chill the eff out.

Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:08 pm
True Bobcat Fan

i'm well aware. irrelevant to the conversation at hand.

Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:23 pm
Junior Bobcat

Saul Goodman wrote:
SATXST wrote:

Saul, you are the epitome as to why there are so few posters on this board. I was simply asking for more information from reporters to dig for more answers as to why this team is unsuccessful. You resort to namecalling right away in your response to my reasonable and prudent question. Any time someone has different thinking than you, you degrade them as if you're right ALL the time. Been lurking on this board since 2010 and noticed it on numerous occasions. You're not the only one that knows about football, recruiting and coaching etc. finally this board is to express our thoughts on txst football. If we can't do that without an asshole shooting down our every post, maybe Saul can post every post on this board and see how it goes. (Hint, it'll probably go as well our football season this year)

Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:31 pm
SuperCat

Saul Goodman wrote:
i'm well aware. irrelevant to the conversation at hand.

Lol. :eatemup:

Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:32 pm