We do have a game this week, btw 
True Bobcat Fan

Post We do have a game this week, btw
Looks like ULM's starting right tackle is questionable.
http://www.thenewsstar.com/story/sports/college/ulm/2017/10/04/fun-depth-charts-ulm-texas-state/731170001/

The line is -6-1/2 at this point. Isn't that the best FBS odds we have had this season?

Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:36 am
SuperCat

Post Re: We do have a game this week, btw
Colorado was 35
UTSA was 13.5
Wyoming was 16

This is the biggest game of Wither's time at TXST IMO. It is a reasonable chance to win at home and show that we are progressing. Although I am holding off judgement until next season, I feel like some supporters will start to bail with a bad loss.

Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:26 am
Bobcat Wannabe

Unless you count the HBU game in which we were picked to win by 19, then yes, Saturday is our best odds all season.

Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:09 am
True Bobcat Fan

Reidiculous93 wrote:
Unless you count the HBU game in which we were picked to win by 19, then yes, Saturday is our best odds all season.

That's why I said "FBS"

Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:29 am
True Bobcat Fan

I'm just excited to have Easy back and while we lost DE Davis, getting Easy back could pay huge on Saturday. He is our best edge rusher by a large stretch.. then everyone else. He could play a huge factor in this game. I am a bit concerned on the depth at DE with Banks out with concussion protocol as from my guess we only have Taylor and Hines at the position now. Still very thin on DL, which is why I wondered if Daniels is improving enough to get reps at NT to allow someone like Patton to help out at DE or even if Lilly is ready to take reps at NT.

Offensively, still a concern with losses of Hays. If Morbley and Johnson are back, they help but we definitely need pups to grow up soon be it Haydel or Twyford. Need WRs to get open. Gotta find ways to get Schrade into passing game more but he's had to sit back and help block, especially at LT (help out Foster).

Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:37 am
SuperCat

This game seems absolutely winnable. ULM QB, outside of a good showing vs one of the worst defense in the country at ULL, is not very good. Their RB's look tough to stop, though. Still hoping we see more Jones (if the offense is sputtering behind williams) with better play calling.

Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:43 pm
True Bobcat Fan

I would be surprised if we don't win this game. Our defense matches up well against the run and I f they don't pass all over us then it's a very winnable game.

Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:53 pm
True Bobcat Fan

LSU Bobcat wrote:
ULM QB, outside of a good showing vs one of the worst defense in the country at ULL, is not very good.

Which one? And what's this based on?

Caleb Evans has a 63% completion percentage with 3 TDs and 0 picks and has rushed for 234 yards and 7 TDs.

Won the starting job as a sophomore over Garrett Smith who was pretty decent last year. I think they're pretty solid at QB.

Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:11 pm
True Bobcat Fan

But can we score in the second half of a game? Against FBS teams we haven't done that this year. Probably need to hold their offense to two score or less as well.

Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:35 pm
True Bobcat Fan

The "should win" message fellas... be careful to not fall into pitfall of leading yourself to expect to win games right now. We have too many flaws to just expect us to have an edge of winning this game. Tons of offensive woes and defensive miscues in last two games. Lets leave it at we hope we can beat a team that is 2-2.

Lets face it, we have to leave in our TE and/or RB to block which only leaves 3 WRs in the route. So its not as if we can fling the ball all the time down the field. Players like Watts have been limited to scheme in order to protect QB. Running game has been up and down in games.

Examples:
CU QB missed WRs open. Makes those passes, game could be worse and it still wasn't that close.

APP St. QB didn't have the veteran type game many would expect and it allowed us to get a lead in game.

UTSA/Wyoming capitalized with both defenses scoring on turnovers (bad turnovers by offense) as well as executed when game mattered and our young team couldn't match them.

Best case scenario: Not to make any more of those bad turnovers that leads to defensive touchdowns and score points (field goals are better than nothing). Allow defense to lead and put offense in good field position opportunities.

Worse case scenario: Same as UTSA/Wyoming games in lack of execution and turnovers that lead to points for opponents. And 2nd half woes continue.

Last edited by Bobkat34 on Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:00 pm
SuperCat

x wrote:
LSU Bobcat wrote:
ULM QB, outside of a good showing vs one of the worst defense in the country at ULL, is not very good.

Which one? And what's this based on?

Caleb Evans has a 63% completion percentage with 3 TDs and 0 picks and has rushed for 234 yards and 7 TDs.

Won the starting job as a sophomore over Garrett Smith who was pretty decent last year. I think they're pretty solid at QB.

Caleb has thrown for 51 completion % outside of the ULL game for a whopping 261 yards over those 3 games. That's an average of 87 yards per game. Their OL has only given up 4 sacks all year, so it's not like he's running for his life. Who knows, we may make him look like a heisman candidate.

Last edited by LSU Bobcat on Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:16 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Their defense also leads the SBC in sacks. Not good for our passing game.

Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:23 pm
True Bobcat Fan

actually, our defense leads the sbc in sacks.

txst - 14
ulm - 12

they lead in sacks per game as they have only played 4 games to our 5 (3.0 vs 2.8 ).

Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:45 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Saul Goodman wrote:
actually, our defense leads the sbc in sacks.

txst - 14
ulm - 12

they lead in sacks per game as they have only played 4 games to our 5 (3.0 vs 2.8 ).

Nice catch. That is what I meant.

Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:46 am
True Bobcat Fan

bump, because we're playing a game tonight...

Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:36 am