Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 There is no excuse.... 
Author Message
True Bobcat Fan
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:40 am
Posts: 4725
Reply with quote
Post Re: There is no excuse....
Bobcat.taxman wrote:
I was ten feet away, front row, during the post game conference when Franchione said he was down to the "4th string Center" at one point during the game. So I'd love to hear where you get that I'm reporting "false" information on that. I was literally ten feet from him.


He said "In my 40 years of coaching, I've never seen that many injuries affect a team, particularly within specific position groups"

sigh. think back to before the season. i'll wait.

_________________
1 down
2 to go


Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:34 pm
Profile
Bobcat Wannabe
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:21 pm
Posts: 7
Location: Richmond, Texas
Reply with quote
Post Re: There is no excuse....
To those of you who are posting the number of upper and lower classmen both teams have, I just want to remind you that when we played in 2012, nearly UTSA's entire team was freshmen and sophomores because it was our second year of football. We still won.

Injuries suck, so I feel for you there, but we weren't without our own. If I remember correctly, we were missing 3 starters for our game against you, but two of them were on our offensive line. One of our offensive linemen is out for the season, and another was out for just the Texas State game.

Enjoyed my first visit to your football stadium. Hope you guys will get the construction around it finished soon, and that you'll have a good rest of the year.


Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:33 am
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:21 pm
Posts: 6790
Location: Austin
Reply with quote
Post Re: There is no excuse....
Volkmar wrote:
To those of you who are posting the number of upper and lower classmen both teams have, I just want to remind you that when we played in 2012, nearly UTSA's entire team was freshmen and sophomores because it was our second year of football. We still won.

Injuries suck, so I feel for you there, but we weren't without our own. If I remember correctly, we were missing 3 starters for our game against you, but two of them were on our offensive line. One of our offensive linemen is out for the season, and another was out for just the Texas State game.

Enjoyed my first visit to your football stadium. Hope you guys will get the construction around it finished soon, and that you'll have a good rest of the year.




Ouch. :lol: :lol: :lol:


Good hosting you guys, appreciate the positive thoughts for our team. Good luck to the Birds the rest of the season also!


Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:28 pm
Profile
Online
BF.com Elite Sponsor
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2003 8:34 pm
Posts: 14157
Location: Ten minutes north of Lake Travis
Reply with quote
Post Re: There is no excuse....
Volkmar wrote:
Enjoyed my first visit to your football stadium. Hope you guys will get the construction around it finished soon, and that you'll have a good rest of the year.


Supposed to have that construction finished (last I heard) by the time you guys come to town in 2 years.

_________________
RiverRatCat06 wrote:
Shut the fuck up Larry.


Image


Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:25 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:46 pm
Posts: 607
Reply with quote
Post Re: There is no excuse....
Bobcat.taxman wrote:
Volkmar wrote:
To those of you who are posting the number of upper and lower classmen both teams have, [b]I just want to remind you that when we played in 2012, nearly UTSA's entire team was freshmen and sophomores because it was our second year of football. We still won.
[/b]
Injuries suck, so I feel for you there, but we weren't without our own. If I remember correctly, we were missing 3 starters for our game against you, but two of them were on our offensive line. One of our offensive linemen is out for the season, and another was out for just the Texas State game.

Enjoyed my first visit to your football stadium. Hope you guys will get the construction around it finished soon, and that you'll have a good rest of the year.


Ouch. :lol: :lol: :lol:


Good hosting you guys, appreciate the positive thoughts for our team. Good luck to the Birds the rest of the season also!



In 2012, UTSA had 6 seniors and 16 juniors.
In the 2012 game, this is the production that UTSA got from their upperclassmen:
100% of passing, 64% of rushing, 43% of receiving, and 58% of total tackles.


In 2017, TXST has 12 seniors and 18 juniors.
This the game last week, this is the production TXST got from their upperclassmen:
97% of passing, 33% of rushing, 74% of receiving, and 30% of total tackles.

I don't know about the starting offensive line for UTSA in 2012, but it's hard to get much younger than 2 true freshman, 2 true sophomores, and 1 true junior - which is what we had on Saturday.


Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:20 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:40 am
Posts: 4725
Reply with quote
Post Re: There is no excuse....
most every utsa player had a redshirt as well, since they hadn't competed before 2011.
just going off the notables mentioned in the utsa recap here:

qb soza - rs jr
rb okotcha - rs jr
rb glasco - rs so
lb reeves - sr
te moeller - rs so
wr jones - rs so
wr harrison - so
wr bias - rs fr

regardless of roster, that game was about playcalling and coaching, so i'll go back to the true reason:
Saul Goodman wrote:
fran vs coker.

_________________
1 down
2 to go


Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:44 pm
Profile
SuperCat
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:25 pm
Posts: 242
Reply with quote
Post Re: There is no excuse....
^ yep. And even though both coaches were washed up, Fran was worse. Don’t feel like putting that up for debate so I’ll leave this here: A&M 0 - OU 77

_________________
https://www.reddit.com/r/TxStateBobcats/


Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:06 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:02 am
Posts: 251
Location: Houston
Reply with quote
Post Re: There is no excuse....
If you want to sum up Everett's tour in San Marcos so far ...he has yet to even recruit his own 2** son to verbal to txst who lives in his upstairs 10 miles from campus

full disclosure the kid only has one other FBS offer that will be in a conference next year and isn't a service academy

#coachwithersrecruiting


Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:20 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:40 am
Posts: 4725
Reply with quote
Post Re: There is no excuse....
don't really want his kid, so that's not exactly a negative.

_________________
1 down
2 to go


Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:15 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:46 pm
Posts: 607
Reply with quote
Post Re: There is no excuse....
Saul Goodman wrote:

regardless of roster, that game was about playcalling and coaching, so i'll go back to the true reason:
Saul Goodman wrote:
fran vs coker.


Agree 100%.

Just pointing out the "you got beat by freshman and sophomores" line that we've heard for the last 5 years isn't really true.


Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:08 am
Profile
True Bobcat Fan
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:31 pm
Posts: 704
Location: Fran's Cupboard
Reply with quote
Post Re: There is no excuse....
Phratcatbocoloco wrote:
If you want to sum up Everett's tour in San Marcos so far ...he has yet to even recruit his own 2** son to verbal to txst who lives in his upstairs 10 miles from campus

full disclosure the kid only has one other FBS offer that will be in a conference next year and isn't a service academy

#coachwithersrecruiting


Full disclosure....Withers had the #1 recruiting class in the Sun Belt so attacking him on that makes you look like an even bigger ignoramus.


Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:53 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:41 am
Posts: 5829
Reply with quote
Post Re: There is no excuse....
It's true.
Wither's biggest W's since coming to San Marcos:
1. 2017 recruiting class
2. Ohio
3. Either UIW or HBU.... :(


Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:43 am
Profile
Bobcat Wannabe
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:21 pm
Posts: 7
Location: Richmond, Texas
Reply with quote
Post Re: There is no excuse....
tx.state wrote:
Bobcat.taxman wrote:
Volkmar wrote:
To those of you who are posting the number of upper and lower classmen both teams have, [b]I just want to remind you that when we played in 2012, nearly UTSA's entire team was freshmen and sophomores because it was our second year of football. We still won.
[/b]
Injuries suck, so I feel for you there, but we weren't without our own. If I remember correctly, we were missing 3 starters for our game against you, but two of them were on our offensive line. One of our offensive linemen is out for the season, and another was out for just the Texas State game.

Enjoyed my first visit to your football stadium. Hope you guys will get the construction around it finished soon, and that you'll have a good rest of the year.


Ouch. :lol: :lol: :lol:


Good hosting you guys, appreciate the positive thoughts for our team. Good luck to the Birds the rest of the season also!



In 2012, UTSA had 6 seniors and 16 juniors.
In the 2012 game, this is the production that UTSA got from their upperclassmen:
100% of passing, 64% of rushing, 43% of receiving, and 58% of total tackles.



In 2017, TXST has 12 seniors and 18 juniors.
This the game last week, this is the production TXST got from their upperclassmen:
97% of passing, 33% of rushing, 74% of receiving, and 30% of total tackles.

I don't know about the starting offensive line for UTSA in 2012, but it's hard to get much younger than 2 true freshman, 2 true sophomores, and 1 true junior - which is what we had on Saturday.


Allow me to correct you on a couple of those. Yes, we had 6 seniors and 16 juniors, but that wasn't our starting team. Those were rather the totals for our entire roster. Our roster that year consisted of 37 freshmen, 42 sophomores, 16 juniors, and 6 seniors.

And here are the numbers I have for UTSA in our 2012 game...
Our upperclassmen accounted for:
100% of passing
64% of rushing
34% of receiving
44% of total tackles

And btw, the 64% for rushing was largely because our Junior QB (Soza, who left Texas State for UTSA) was also our leading rusher in that game. You guys couldn't keep him, and had no answer for him when you faced him either. Our leading rusher for the season was actually a sophomore.

Some more numbers for the 2012 season...
- Only 2 of our 6 leading rushers were upperclassmen
- Only 2 of our leading 10 receivers were upperclassmen
- Only 7 of our leading 18 tacklers were upperclassmen.


Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:35 am
Profile
True Bobcat Fan
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:40 am
Posts: 4725
Reply with quote
Post Re: There is no excuse....
Volkmar wrote:
Our leading rusher for the season was actually a sophomore.

redshirt sophomore. not sure why you continue to ignore the redshirt year in your numbers.

_________________
1 down
2 to go


Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:07 am
Profile
Bobcat Wannabe
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:21 pm
Posts: 7
Location: Richmond, Texas
Reply with quote
Post Re: There is no excuse....
Saul Goodman wrote:
Volkmar wrote:
Our leading rusher for the season was actually a sophomore.

redshirt sophomore. not sure why you continue to ignore the redshirt year in your numbers.


Yes, he was a redshirt sophomore because he was one of our "Original 18", who signed up to play for UTSA knowing we had zero equipment and no practice field, and that they'd have to practice on a high school field for a season using borrowed jerseys and pads from other schools, when they could've been playing on Saturdays if they had chosen another program. Many of our supporters have a poster of our Original 18, as they're an special group of redshirts who went out on a limb to start a program. So yeah, the numbers were skewed by them, but we were definitely a young team with little depth to speak of.


Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:39 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bandgeek and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
All Rights Reserved, BobcatFans LLC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group