Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 412 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
 Fuck you larry 
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: Fuck you larry
i'd love to see those emails to the faa/dhs. :lol: :lol:

Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:22 am
True Bobcat Fan

Same here. I'm just hearing from friends of friends type of deal. I don't know how much credibility any of them have. Apparently they are saying their sources are the police... Which also confuses me. What would the police have to do with anything?

Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:41 am
True Bobcat Fan

Hahah they can't take any real criticism. Maybe they should look at themselves and see the failures of results, donation drops, and inability to sell suites.

Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:17 am
True Bobcat Fan

The Fire Teis movement even made it to ESPNs Bottom 10

http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... cover-them

Quote:
The Bobcats trudged through a bizarre weekend that started with the AD issuing the dreaded "show of support" email to alumni and ended with a 42-27 loss to Louisiana. In between, there were signs in the stands to fire that AD and a banner flown around the stadium that overdescribed the excitement level of one of the media members who covers the team. Said media member described the pain of that job in full detail.

Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:54 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Saul Goodman wrote:

For them to make it a no fly zone, don't you think they'd have to drum up some "safety issue" or "threat of violence"?

I mean... I guess yes, I WANT to see those e-mails!

Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:52 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Would they fall under an FOIA request?

Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:08 pm
True Bobcat Fan

TXSTRiverBobcat wrote:

Any email from a university employee email would be accessible under FOIA

Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:12 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

TXSTRiverBobcat wrote:

I would think so, but finding it might be difficult.

It is my understanding that FOIA's have to be fairly specific, and saying "I want to see all e-mails from the athletic department to the FAA/DHS" might be a little too broad.

If anyone knew WHO specifically sent the e-mails? You could get them fairly easily.

Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:16 pm
True Bobcat Fan

TheRevSWT wrote:
TXSTRiverBobcat wrote:

I would think so, but finding it might be difficult.

It is my understanding that FOIA's have to be fairly specific, and saying "I want to see all e-mails from the athletic department to the FAA/DHS" might be a little too broad.

If anyone knew WHO specifically sent the e-mails? You could get them fairly easily.

I don't think it has to be much more specific than that (although a date range would help), but the more specific you are the more promptly you'd likely receive a response. In any case, if they wanted to push back, no amount of specificity would prevent them from stalling past Homecoming.

Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:24 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

chockyy wrote:
I don't think it has to be much more specific than that (although a date range would help), but the more specific you are the more promptly you'd likely receive a response. In any case, if they wanted to push back, no amount of specificity would prevent them from stalling past Homecoming.

2 things on that:

1. They have 14 days to respond to a FOIA request. And if someone did a blanket statement like "I need all e-mails from (insert reasonable date range here) from this person" they can't really push back off that. The only possible push back they could give would be the size requirements of transferring those files to you, I would think.

2. Getting those e-mails before homecoming wouldn't be a big deal. Their mere existence would be damning to no end.

But then again, I have no clue what the criteria is for determining a place is a no fly zone. If it does require a threat, then that would indicate the need for a second FOIA request to get the information they used to determine a real threat was present (which I think we can all agree would be totally fabricated).

And this is all assuming there is any validity to this. I don't put it past the AD, but I'm not gonna say he did it until there's some proof. I'd bet money that this has been discussed within the AD, and I'd love to hear the conversations though.

Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:35 pm
True Bobcat Fan

I just love that this thread is the longest one on this site. It gives me a reason to come back daily.

Fuck Larry.

Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:07 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Saul Goodman wrote:
pretty sure you haven't seen a plane pull a banner over a stadium during a game since 9/11.

thanks a lot, bin laden. :evil:

Yep, homeland security FAA regulation. low flying planes have to leave the vicinity of the stadium an hour before kickoff. Skywriting is ok, but that's way out of our budget.

Banner will fly sometime between 4-5 that day if the weather holds out.

Last edited by josh_ooh_ahh on Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:22 pm
True Bobcat Fan

TheRevSWT wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:

For them to make it a no fly zone, don't you think they'd have to drum up some "safety issue" or "threat of violence"?

I mean... I guess yes, I WANT to see those e-mails!

Let's pray teis is stupid enough to lie to the FAA.

Last edited by josh_ooh_ahh on Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:40 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:26 pm
True Bobcat Fan

TheRevSWT wrote:
chockyy wrote:

2 things on that:

1. They have 14 days to respond to a FOIA request. And if someone did a blanket statement like "I need all e-mails from (insert reasonable date range here) from this person" they can't really push back off that. The only possible push back they could give would be the size requirements of transferring those files to you, I would think.

2. Getting those e-mails before homecoming wouldn't be a big deal. Their mere existence would be damning to no end.

But then again, I have no clue what the criteria is for determining a place is a no fly zone. If it does require a threat, then that would indicate the need for a second FOIA request to get the information they used to determine a real threat was present (which I think we can all agree would be totally fabricated).

And this is all assuming there is any validity to this. I don't put it past the AD, but I'm not gonna say he did it until there's some proof. I'd bet money that this has been discussed within the AD, and I'd love to hear the conversations though.

There are numerous exceptions to FOIA requests (i.e., the documents are subject to some privilege or exemption). Without getting into hypos, the school could just respond within the deadline citing an exception and produce nothing. Even if they're wrong, the onus would be on the requester to pursue it.

Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:28 pm
True Bobcat Fan

2 planes with banners circling 450,000 people at ACL all weekend...no problem.

1 plane with banner circling 4,500 people tailgating...try to get the FAA involved "for safety".

Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:31 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 412 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next