Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Fuck you larry 
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Re: Fuck you larry
Two points of clarification:

They were initially named 1836 after the year HOUSTON was founded (not Texas Independence). It was changed because 1836 was also the year of Texas Independence (which happened to have a large volume of violence on Mexico, which apparently didn't sit too well with the hispanic community in Houston).

However, in the grand scheme of the argument run faster is making, it's totally minor, though it does explain why they were prompted to change it.

The second point is why they changed it. It was supposedly dual purpose as it gave a nod to the team from the United Soccer League from the mid 80's, but also because it represented energy and Houston is the energy capital of the world.

Full disclosure though: They also noted the added benefit of picking traditional names, as Dynamo was pretty popular it seems in the eastern Europe countries like was noted above.

Note: i found this on the MLS website (link below) and don't know anything about soccer.

Side note: It was Luck who was in charge when the 1836 name was put forth.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/07/ ... their-name

Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:49 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

run faster wrote:
Now that Ollie is out of town, look for a big season from Andrew.

Everything Oliver Luck touches turns to shit.

I have severe reservations that Luck will ever see a football field again, and that is sad for the football world.

Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:52 pm
True Bobcat Fan

This Oliver Luck thing needs to move to a different thread. You're making him out to be worse than Teis. That is unacceptable.

Humble, that's me... Mr. Modesty. When it comes to humility, I'm the greatest.

Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:05 pm
True Bobcat Fan

classof78 wrote:
This Oliver Luck thing needs to move to a different thread. You're making him out to be worse than Teis. That is unacceptable.

Here, here! If there's one thing that binds us....it's that Larry is an intolerable, incompetent, short-sighted, bare-minimum boob.

Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:30 am
True Bobcat Fan

Fran's Last Twinky wrote:
Here, here! If there's one thing that binds us....it's that Larry is THE intolerable, incompetent, short-sighted, bare-minimum boob.

fify

Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:44 am
True Bobcat Fan

Bump...We haven't forgot about you Larry. Someone please get this guy out of the AD seat.

Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:01 pm
True Bobcat Fan

I normally don't like criticizing people publically, but in this case, Teis deserves this criticism.

Coach Withers mentioned recently that he thought the stadium should have championship banners for the 2 national and 14 conference championships. And he's right. When the stadium was renovated, Teis should have seen to it that the recognitions were replaced.

https://twitter.com/Keff_C/status/1027006873696960512

Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:27 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

It would be pretty easy to add sign blades to the video boards for the championships. Or do something with championship flags on the EZC... do a NC flag on each side of the center glass arch and then symmetrically place conference championship flags down each side after the NC flags.

It is important to remember past success. It reminds us that we should expect more. It reminds players that there is some legacy to try to live up to.

I respectfully disagree with time on the internet being "wasted." I would've never known that a monkey would fall over after smelling his own, stinky finger if it wasn't for the glory of the internet.

Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:43 am
SuperCat

Has Withers ever expressed that to Teis? It is just as much of Withers' responsibility as it is Larry's. Knowing their relationship - or lack thereof - I can imagine it was never expressed to the other.

bleed gold wrote:
It is important to remember past success. It reminds us that we should expect more. It reminds players that there is some legacy to try to live up to.

I'll be content with just having flags of Fran's records at the FBS level. How about shooting for that mediocrity instead of JV conference championships from before these athletes could even jerk it.

Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:05 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

run faster wrote:
Has Withers ever expressed that to Teis? It is just as much of Withers' responsibility as it is Larry's. Knowing their relationship - or lack thereof - I can imagine it was never expressed to the other.

How is it the HC's responsibility to have past accomplishments displayed? He's not involved (to my knowledge) of operations, capital projects, or stadium maintenance.

Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:34 pm
True Bobcat Fan

run faster wrote:

I'll be content with just having flags of Fran's records at the FBS level. How about shooting for that mediocrity instead of JV conference championships from before these athletes could even jerk it.

Maybe Withers did communicate it to Larry and it fell on deaf ears. So he airs it publicly knowing it would gain traction easily.

Who knows?

The one thing I do know is this is not Withers’ responsibility.

Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:02 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Just an FYI. I was at the scrimmage on Saturday, watching the proceedings from the concourse because it was bloody hot and humid. I did notice there are floor to ceiling banners noting the championship teams of 81/82 and Coach Wacker.

These don't compare to what could/should be visible from the field for all the fans to see, but it's something.

:cat:

Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:20 pm
True Bobcat Fan

ATX_Harley_Bobcat wrote:
Just an FYI. I was at the scrimmage on Saturday, watching the proceedings from the concourse because it was bloody hot and humid. I did notice there are floor to ceiling banners noting the championship teams of 81/82 and Coach Wacker.

These don't compare to what could/should be visible from the field for all the fans to see, but it's something.

:cat:

I noticed it too, very poor placement on the pillar by the concession stand. All the pillars have something different, I know the NFL alumni banner hasn't been updated, it has photo of Fred Evans. Those should be update pretty regularly, but I don't think they have been since the stadium renovation.

Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:42 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I'm in a mood, and it feels like this thread should get bumped to the top.

I respectfully disagree with time on the internet being "wasted." I would've never known that a monkey would fall over after smelling his own, stinky finger if it wasn't for the glory of the internet.

Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:59 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Did anyone get suite invite to Larrys suite this year to tell him he sucks in person?

Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:12 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next