Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Fuck you larry 
SuperCat

Post Re: Fuck you larry
LT Spider wrote:
Its a pretty glaring issue considering the direction of the university, as a whole, has been positive for quite some time. We have increased enrollment, degree offerings, phd programs, expanded into round rock, started more business partnerships, etc. Love what the school is doing by adding more programs in fields that are in demand such as engineering.

Areas of suck:
Athletic leadership particularly in translating the success above into fan support.

Our endowment sucks for a university of our size. This shows a lack of fundraising for a century. Hard to change that culture over night.

Even since I graduated in 2007 it seems like the they've done a fantastic job with the university academics. More degrees (especially PhDs), better research facilities, better research oriented faculty, programs like STAR park, and most importantly more grant funding coming in. Chemistry department is far different now than it was then (though they still need a PhD program and more students). If only they could put half of that commitment into athletics, the part that the public sees the most.

And for the person saying they never see TxState gear in DFW, I don't think that's the case. I don't actively seek it out but I see it just as often as texas tech gear. Although I didn't live in texas 5 years after I graduated, I think i see more TxState stickers and flags than i used to. Hopefully alumni are starting to become proud of where they came from and will donate more. I know TxState gets all of my donations where LSU gets none.

Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:31 am
True Bobcat Fan

LT Spider wrote:
Our endowment sucks for a university of our size. This shows a lack of fundraising for a century. Hard to change that culture over night.

even if our alumni outreach had been on point (haha!), guessing that teachers and cops aren't exactly the big donor demographic.

Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:40 am
SuperCat

Saul Goodman wrote:
LT Spider wrote:

even if our alumni outreach had been on point (haha!), guessing that teachers and cops aren't exactly the big donor demographic.

No doubt. Really hoping that we can build a more wealthy alumni base with improvements in the business and engineering schools. Not too denigrate our older alumni base too much but it seems like a lot of middle class women that adopted the school of their husbands, especially UT or ATM.

You can play a fun "who has a bigger endowment than txst" game using wikipedia. Ours is 164 mil. I'll start with UNT with 309 mil.

Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:54 am
SuperCat

Up next is Drake with 3,164 undergrads and 196 mil.

Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:13 am
True Bobcat Fan

LT Spider wrote:
Not too denigrate our older alumni base too much but it seems like a lot of middle class women that adopted the school of their husbands, especially UT or ATM.

*to (you're a damned teacher fer chrissakes! :lol: )

it's not just the wimmenfolk doing that. plenty of guys married to horns and aggies and frogs that adopted their wife's team. i don't blame them at all, seeing as how we didn't give them anything to root for.

Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:30 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Everytime I see this thread title at the top of the thread list, it makes me smile.

I respectfully disagree with time on the internet being "wasted." I would've never known that a monkey would fall over after smelling his own, stinky finger if it wasn't for the glory of the internet.

Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:29 pm
SuperCat

Saul Goodman wrote:
LT Spider wrote:
Not too denigrate our older alumni base too much but it seems like a lot of middle class women that adopted the school of their husbands, especially UT or ATM.

*to (you're a damned teacher fer chrissakes! :lol: )

it's not just the wimmenfolk doing that. plenty of guys married to horns and aggies and frogs that adopted their wife's team. i don't blame them at all, seeing as how we didn't give them anything to root for.

Ha! Assistant principal now. Trying to post between beatings is hard work.

Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:43 pm
True Bobcat Fan

bleed gold wrote:
Everytime I see this thread title at the top of the thread list, it makes me smile.

I was thinking the same thing this morning. Man we are going to have a party when the next AD gets announce. Hopefully the expectations are exceeded during the next AD's tenure. I just hope it doesn't go the other direction because we need a RHINO in that office!

Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:32 pm
Bobcat Wannabe

LT Spider wrote:
It's txst.

I have the same problem in Austin. Just had this conversation with a co-worker this week. She was trying to buy me a shirt as a gift and went all over looking for one with no luck. The polo I wear to football games I had to have my sister in law buy in San Antonio and mail it to me. We have 40,000 students 30 minutes from Austin but can't find a shirt anywhere. Pathetic.

My bad. TXST. Maybe if I could find something in a retail outlet in DFW with that logo I would have gotten it right!

Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:40 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

It has been said (but I cannot verify it's validity) that Texas State University is VERY stingy with licensing the SuperCat logo.

This, combined with the lack of demand for merchandise has made apparel very limited outside of Central Texas.

I can say at dick's sporting goods, HEB, Randall's, and the like around my house there IS Texas State stuff... But I'm in the Austin area.

Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:05 pm
Bobcat Wannabe

TheRevSWT wrote:
It has been said (but I cannot verify it's validity) that Texas State University is VERY stingy with licensing the SuperCat logo.

Here’s the deal - a Texas State Supercat is (basically) worthless without the accompanying “Texas State”. Many times I’ve worn my Bobcat gear in the DFW area (super cat logo, only) and I’ve been asked what the logo is for. The university really needs to get its shit together and market correctly...

Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:36 pm
True Bobcat Fan

I've had that experience . . . I was in Colorado wearing a polo with The Supercat Logo, and some guy asks me how I liked my time at K-State . . .

Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:25 am
True Bobcat Fan

The logo is used by a jr high in Deer Park. I pointed it out to a friends nephew who went there and had no clue. Thought it was unique to his school.

Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:45 am
SuperCat

TheRevSWT wrote:

They do seem unnecessarily stingy. Any txstate logo is unavailable to posters on tigerdroppings.

Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:50 am
True Bobcat Fan

1) the university doesn't handle licensing for the things you guys are talking about - specifically polos and sweatshirts and all that. that goes through learfield.
http://learfieldlicensing.com/essential ... niversity/

2) the availability of those goods in stores are demand driven, and that has absolutely changed since we moved up. those of us on the message boards have chronicled that growth over the years. obviously, it's not where we diehards want it to be, especially in sa and atx, but i'd also argue that if you can't find the shirt (or whatever) you want in this day and age, you're either internetally illiterate or never visit san marvelous, and don't deserve it. not sure why anyone thinks they should see bobcat gear in dallas or houston though - i don't see tcu, smu or uh gear in austin, much less unt or uta.

3) the university does guard that logo (and the wacker typeface) as if they don't want anyone to ever see it. specifically, brian miller, is guilty of limiting their use, even within the university and it's organizations. he's an absolute moron and is flat out stealing money by continuing to cash his paycheck. this is a guy who tried to outsource his job a couple of years ago, spending hundreds of thousands of dollars to a group that did nothing and eventually failed/quit as far as i can tell (can't recall the firm's name right now - anyone?). every time you complain about our marketing and promotions, this is who you are really bitching about.

Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:01 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next