Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15  Next
 Fuck you larry 
SuperCat

Post Re: Fuck you larry
Saul Goodman wrote:
fun fact: 6 conference titles in 64 opportunities since we've been in the sunbelt.

women's indoor t&f 2015, 2017
women's outdoor t&f 2017
men's indoor t&f 2016
women's golf 2016
volleyball 2013

Don't forget the 2017 women's cross country title!

Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:53 pm
True Bobcat Fan

VP98 wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:
fun fact: 6 conference titles in 64 opportunities since we've been in the sunbelt.

women's indoor t&f 2015, 2017
women's outdoor t&f 2017
men's indoor t&f 2016
women's golf 2016
volleyball 2013

That's actually not bad. If we ever thought we would just come in and dominate to Sunbelt we way overestimate ourselves. I like being competative right now and the championships are hopefully starting to come now and later.

No this is utterly embarrassing. We have 1 men's title in 4 years and it's track and field (no offense but no one gives a shit about T&F).

We have the largest athletic budget in the conference by a pretty large margin. In almost every sport, we have the best facilities (or nearly the best) in the conference. We have arguably the best location in the conference for recruiting in every sport.

We either do not prioritize winning or we prioritize it but have no idea how to do it.

Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:13 pm
True Bobcat Fan

cgd469 wrote:
TXSTRiverBobcat wrote:
Thanks Saul.

As much as I was hoping Kasper was going to be a great hire, he has been a huge let down.

I can only guess you don't follow basketball. The bobcats have improved every year after Kaspars first year. The dumpster fire he inherited was as bad as what Withers has inherited. We had more wins and excitement last season than we have in many years. The program is headed in the right direction and we will not hire a better coach. Or should I say a better coach will not come here.

And as we all preach to the choir.... why can't we get better coaches to come here in almost any sport? I think there is one common denominator in the equation and it starts and ends with who this thread is the subject of....

~flag~ ~flag~
~flag~ ~flag~

Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:27 pm
True Bobcat Fan

in fairness, i think many of our sports are somewhat competitive/don't suck, and that's all we've ever asked them to be, so it's tough to justify changing, especially when so many of them have been here FOREVER. chisum will coach her 40th season next fall, conner her 20th, woodard is on year 18 this spring, plunkett 15, and howell 11.

Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:40 pm
True Bobcat Fan

A team doesn't have to finish as high in the Sunbelt to have a good season as they did in the Southland. In FCS only one or two teams from each conference go to the playoffs. In FBS you will have at least several teams in each conference make bowl games. A regular season championship almost guarantees a spot in the NIT basketball and volleyball tournaments. A second place finish in softball made the playoffs. For now, I appreciate the progress made my these teams in the 2017-2018 seasons. I hope these teams are at the cusp of getting over the hump to conference championships. I know since I make such a big deal about our football teams one conference win (if that's what you want to call it) over the past two years that many of my posts are not highly regarded. Still, FYL!

Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:49 pm
True Bobcat Fan

VP98 wrote:
A team doesn't have to finish as high in the Sunbelt to have a good season as they did in the Southland.

Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:53 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

VP98 wrote:
A team doesn't have to finish as high in the Sunbelt to have a good season as they did in the Southland. In FCS only one or two teams from each conference go to the playoffs. In FBS you will have at least several teams in each conference make bowl games. A regular season championship almost guarantees a spot in the NIT basketball and volleyball tournaments. A second place finish in softball made the playoffs. For now, I appreciate the progress made my these teams in the 2017-2018 seasons. I hope these teams are at the cusp of getting over the hump to conference championships. I know since I make such a big deal about our football teams one conference win (if that's what you want to call it) over the past two years that many of my posts are not highly regarded. Still, FYL!

1. There is no FCS/FBS divide in anything except football so get that notion out of your head. In every other sport everyone shoots for the same title. Recall, CCU won the baseball NC while still in the SoCon.
2. Don't kid yourself. The SBC is still a one-bid conference in most all of the other sports. The exception is baseball/softball. To get 2 in, in other sports, two teams would have to almost certainly go undefeated (or close, like 1/2 losses) until the conference championship game/match.

Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:30 pm
True Bobcat Fan

VP98 wrote:
I know since I make such a big deal about our football teams one conference win (if that's what you want to call it)

see vp98 you must travel with a glass half full in order to see the light at the end of the tunnel. things are about to turn around real quick just you watch. i mean look at the bright side... the one said conference win in 2 seasons over the said opponent in your post we get a "bye" from next season :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

catmom- lets be real in general the schools that house fbs programs are better than schools that house FCS programs in real major varsity sports other than football im going to go out on a limb and say at least 70% of the time; the exlusion to the rule (that comes to mind) big east in basketball that is comprised of all schools that house an fcs or smaller football program or no program at all and the big west in baseball that has uc irvine, long beach, cal poly and fullerton; there of course are other exceptions

Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:31 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Phratcatbocoloco wrote:
catmom- lets be real in general the schools that house fbs programs are better than schools that house FCS programs in real major varsity sports other than football im going to go out on a limb and say at least 70% of the time; the exlusion to the rule (that comes to mind) big east in basketball that is comprised of all schools that house an fcs or smaller football program or no program at all and the big west in baseball that has uc irvine, long beach, cal poly and fullerton; there of course are other exceptions

I think, more to my point is, that being in the SBC does not guarantee more of an opportunity to be more of a 1 bid conference than the SLC. The difference is that there is more of an opportunity for a "mid-major" to do some damage, take down a "major" and win, or make the finals, than football. I was nowise inferring it is routine.

Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:50 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Phratcatbocoloco wrote:
see vp98 you must travel with a glass half full in order to see the light at the end of the tunnel. things are about to turn around real quick just you watch. i mean look at the bright side... the one said conference win in 2 seasons over the said opponent in your post we get a "bye" from next

I know I am supposedly from Kazakhstan but I will try again to explain my points as succinctly as possible.
1) If you are in the top two or three in the Sunbelt in softball, volleyball, women’s basketball, and men’s basketball, sometimes in the top three, you will most likely see some sort of post season play such as also making the NCAA tournament (TXST softball last year) or NIT (volleyball last year UTA men’s basketball) or the CIT (last year TXST men's basketball). This is in contrast to the Southland where there are no NIT bids and if you do not win the conference you are a low seed in the CIT or home on the couch.
2) There are several auto bids from the Sunbelt for CFB Bowl games. The P5 conferences often have over five+ teams in bowl games. In the Southland only the top two teams get to the playoffs. Teams such as Georgia State now make a bowl games in the Sunbelt. It's really not that hard. Maybe we should do that someday. It was harder to make the post-season in the Southland.
3) Our football team is the worst since I've become a Bobcat in 1993. Since then I've seen a three win season once, a couple of four win seasons, many five win seasons even some winning seasons but not a two win season and never two in a row.
4) I know this is supposed to be FYL so FYL!

Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:55 pm
True Bobcat Fan

VP98 wrote:
1) If you are in the top two or three in the Sunbelt in softball, volleyball, women’s basketball, and men’s basketball, sometimes in the top three, you will most likely see some sort of post season play such as also making the NCAA tournament (TXST softball last year) or NIT (volleyball last year UTA men’s basketball) or the CIT (last year TXST men's basketball). This is in contrast to the Southland where there are no NIT bids and if you do not win the conference you are a low seed in the CIT or home on the couch.

because it's obvious you don't research this whatsoever, here are the facts:

*cit is pay to play - it's not a legit post-season tourney based on record.

*there has not been a secondary tournament for volleyball until this year, and it included a slc team (1each).

*men's hoops nit:
2017 - sbc
2016 - neither
2015 - neither
2014 - sbc
2013 - slc
2012 - both (1e)
2011 - both (1e)

*women's hoops nit:
2017 - both (1e)
2016 - both (2sbc, 1slc)
2015 - both (1e)
2014 - both (1e)
2013 - both (3sbc, 1slc)
2012 - both (2sbc, 1slc)
2011 - both (1e)

*softball ncaa:
2017 - both (2sbc, 1slc)
2016 - both (2sbc, 1slc)
2015 - both (2sbc, 1slc)
2014 - both (1e)
2013 - both (1e)
2012 - both (1e)
2011 - both (1e)

just glancing at the sbc vs slc softball standings over the past couple of years, those bids seem very fair. the slc #2 had a worse record than the sbc team that made it all years. not going to bother w/ hoops, but feel free to do so yourself.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:32 am
True Bobcat Fan

Underdog Dynasty 2018 outlook on year 3...

10.) Texas State Bobcats (2-10)
It’s been a slow rebuild for Everett Withers in San Marcos as he is 4-20 after two seasons with only one conference victory. Texas State is accumulating talent but surprisingly they’ll still be the youngest team in the Fun Belt in Withers third year. The Withers era is likely going to be determined by sophomore quarterback Willie Jones III who flashed potential in spot playing time. Anthony D. Taylor is a very dependable running back but the Bobcats are still searching for other weapons. Linebacker Bryan London II and safety A.J. Krawczyk are both very good but they need help. It could be another long year for the Bobcats.

Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:09 am
True Bobcat Fan

nothing earthshattering there. seems about right.

Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:18 am
True Bobcat Fan

erm is 10th place now an acceptable norm for a 3rd year coach if he ends up doing just what the article says?

Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:22 am
True Bobcat Fan

don't give much credence to the ranking, but the description is spot on.

Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:18 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15  Next