Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 412 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 28  Next
 Fuck you larry 
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: Fuck you larry
VP98 wrote:
wouldn't-it-be-nice wrote:
Our winning percentage is 42% over the last 25 years.
40% - Last 11 years
33% - Last 7 years
17% - Last 2 years
9% - Last 2 years (against FBS opponents)
Can't think of any endeavor or organization where this sustained/worsening performance is tolerated for so long. It speaks volumes about our culture (or lack there of), lack of shared vision, and dedication to success. This will only change when there is a change in leadership at the highest level in our athletic department.

Keep bringing the gospel, brother. I love the numbers approach showing that we have won four games over the past two years.

Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:38 pm
True Bobcat Fan

just wait to see what happens this time next year after 4 straight seasons our win total could be just 6 in total for fbs wins (2015-2, 2016-1, 2017-1, 2018-2)? oh wait, nevermind nothing will happen. everett had 2 seasons as a non-interim hc and we took the bait after he had 9 wins in back to back seasons with the previous coach's recruits and lost in opeing fcs playoff round both seasons. signed him to a 5 year contract and the grass still isnt any greener on the other side. headed into his 3rd offseason you would think we would see some glimmer of hope for better in game results but where can you look to see that other than recruiting? recruits have to be converted into gamescore ponts sooner rather than later. at least a withers squad has courage and spirit, right becasue that's what matters. a 5 year contract only protects us if he was a smash hire! he is the one who has the protection in the contract, not us! hate that 5 year contracts are standard, you should know most of everything you need to know about a coach after 3 seasons so a 3 yr contract would have been fine but prob would not have gotten him to accept it

Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:24 am
Junior Bobcat

Translated Phratbocoloco's message to English as best I could, although the phrase "gamescore points" still makes me chuckle. Good luck y'all.

Just wait to see what happens this time next year. After 4 straight seasons our win total could be just 6 total FBS wins. (2015-2, 2016-1, 2017-1, 2018-2).
Oh wait, never mind, nothing will happen. Everett had 2 seasons as a non-interim HC. We took the bait after he had 9 wins in back to back seasons with the previous coach's recruits. He lost in the opening rounds of the FCS Playoffs both seasons. We then signed him to a 5 year contract and the grass still isn’t any greener on the other side.
Headed into his 3rd offseason you would think we would see some glimmer of hope for better in game results. Where are the improvements outside of recruiting? Recruits have to be converted into gamescore points sooner rather than later. “At least a Withers squad has courage and spirit!”… right because that's what matters.
A 5 year contract only protects us if he was a smash hire! He is the one who has the protection in the contract, not us! I hate that 5 year contracts are standard. You should know most of everything you need to know about a coach after 3 seasons so a 3 year contract would have been fine, but probably would not have gotten him to accept it.

Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:17 am
True Bobcat Fan

To find that silver lining,,,, I do believe that we have improved in our recruiting.

As of now it's pure speculation, but we are recruiting kids from 5A/6A schools that have a pedigree for winning and we can assume that creating the "feel" of a winning culture has to at least start with some winners.

and LT must go.

~flag~ ~flag~
~flag~ ~flag~

Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:47 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

GMAN wrote:
To find that silver lining,,,, I do believe that we have improved in our recruiting.

As of now it's pure speculation, but we are recruiting kids from 5A/6A schools that have a pedigree for winning and we can assume that creating the "feel" of a winning culture has to at least start with some winners.

and LT must go.

~flag~ ~flag~
~flag~ ~flag~

First, let me say... I 100% agree on the last sentence.

Now for the other part. I like how our recruits are ones that are getting FBS offers from at the very least similar schools, some from P5's.

But 2 & 3 star kids, I THINK are all pretty close to similar in talent levels. While recruiting is a big industry right now, the industry doesn't have the scouts to hit all these players out there, so I think pretty much if a couple schools (FCS or FBS) give them offers, they slap a 2 star label on them. If a couple of P5 schools are showing interest? Eh... maybe they slap a 3 star on them.

I could be wrong, but on the tail end of the recruiting stars, I think it's more of a crap shoot.

Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:01 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Phratcatbocoloco wrote:
you should know most of everything you need to know about a coach after 3 seasons so a 3 yr contract would have been fine but prob would not have gotten him to accept it

If we fired Withers after next season like you want, do you actually have any faith that Teis can make a good hire to replace him?

Teis has yet to make a great, scratch that, good hire since he's been here.

Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:06 pm
True Bobcat Fan

TXSTRiverBobcat wrote:

Teis has yet to make a great, scratch that, good hire since he's been here.

You mean football right? Because somebody has made good hires lately in basketball and some of the other sports. One of the reasons the state of our football team sucks is their poor performance pulls down perception of the other sports and the school in general. I hate throwing the other teams under the bus. FYL!

Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:57 am
True Bobcat Fan

how is it you can call the hoops hires good, but you lose your fool head over withers?
kaspar didn't break .500 (single season) until year 4
coach z is under .500 (overall) 6.5 years in
you wanted withers fired after year 1

Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:33 am
True Bobcat Fan

Thanks Saul.

As much as I was hoping Kasper was going to be a great hire, he has been a huge let down.

As far as the rest of the sports go, outside of women's track, none of them have had any semblance of success.

Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:06 pm
True Bobcat Fan

softball has gone to the ncaa tourney the last 2 years.
volleyball wins a ton of matches and is in the hunt for a conf title more often than not.

but yeah....we're not exactly lighting it up across the board...

Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:16 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Well then how in the hell do we finish second in the commissioners cup last year? Both basketball teams finished second in the Sunbelt last year. I'm not sure if Teis had anything to do with Cat Osterman but she is coaching our All-American pitcher right now. As for our dinosaur coaches at softball, volleyball, and baseball those are established programs and with exception of baseball don't need changes. Women's soccer is a bit of a disappointment but nowhere near a dumpster fire of football. Otherwise, our softball team sometimes wins more games in a day than our football team wins in a season. But you are right about Teis allowing Nutt and Davalos keep their jobs for far too long. FYL!

Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:13 pm
True Bobcat Fan

VP98 wrote:
Well then how in the hell do we finish second in the commissioners cup last year?

because that's a conference level ranking that scores based on all conference finishes, while the directors' cup is a national level ranking that doesn't care if you finished 4th in golf in an irrelevant conference.

VP98 wrote:
Both basketball teams finished second in the Sunbelt last year.

in their coaches 4th and 6th years. you rail about withers changing culture, when kaspar's first year or two had a real high turnover and dismissal/transfer/leaving rate as well. but one should be fired, and one is a good hire?

Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:36 pm
True Bobcat Fan

fun fact: 6 conference titles in 64 opportunities since we've been in the sunbelt.

women's indoor t&f 2015, 2017
women's outdoor t&f 2017
men's indoor t&f 2016
women's golf 2016
volleyball 2013

Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:41 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Saul Goodman wrote:
fun fact: 6 conference titles in 64 opportunities since we've been in the sunbelt.

women's indoor t&f 2015, 2017
women's outdoor t&f 2017
men's indoor t&f 2016
women's golf 2016
volleyball 2013

That's actually not bad. If we ever thought we would just come in and dominate to Sunbelt we way overestimate ourselves. I like being competative right now and the championships are hopefully starting to come now and later.

Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:50 pm
True Bobcat Fan

[quote="TXSTRiverBobcat"]Thanks Saul.

As much as I was hoping Kasper was going to be a great hire, he has been a huge let down.

I can only guess you don't follow basketball. The bobcats have improved every year after Kaspars first year. The dumpster fire he inherited was as bad as what Withers has inherited. We had more wins and excitement last season than we have in many years. The program is headed in the right direction and we will not hire a better coach. Or should I say a better coach will not come here.

Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:40 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 412 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 28  Next