Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 200 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 14  Next
 Fuck you larry 
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Re: Fuck you larry
cpwhite wrote:
BobcatSideEye wrote:
TXSTRiverBobcat wrote:
Yea, and I would take a couple 9-10 win seasons in a heart beat regardless of how much of a POS he is. Last time we won like that was back in the early 80's.

Wins with a guy who was a superb human being. I would rather have a losing team than be led by a douchebag.

The last 30 years of TxSt football must have been an awesome time for you for the most part!

To be fair... several of those years we were led to losses by douchebags as well.... Matsakis? Fran? Wright?

Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:45 pm
Bobcat Wannabe

Our winning percentage is 42% over the last 25 years.
40% - Last 11 years
33% - Last 7 years
17% - Last 2 years
9% - Last 2 years (against FBS opponents)
Can't think of any endeavor or organization where this sustained/worsening performance is tolerated for so long. It speaks volumes about our culture (or lack there of), lack of shared vision, and dedication to success. This will only change when there is a change in leadership at the highest level in our athletic department.

Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:06 am
True Bobcat Fan

wouldn't-it-be-nice wrote:
Our winning percentage is 42% over the last 25 years.
40% - Last 11 years
33% - Last 7 years
17% - Last 2 years
9% - Last 2 years (against FBS opponents)
Can't think of any endeavor or organization where this sustained/worsening performance is tolerated for so long. It speaks volumes about our culture (or lack there of), lack of shared vision, and dedication to success. This will only change when there is a change in leadership at the highest level in our athletic department.

Yep, welcome to the choir. :sombrero:

Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:55 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

so, when was Larry hired and what is the winning % under him. Must be about 40%.
And the Bunn showers this guy with raises.

Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:50 pm
True Bobcat Fan

"Can't think of any endeavor or organization where this sustained/worsening performance is tolerated for so long."

You're not a Cubs fan, are you? :-)

Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:52 pm
True Bobcat Fan

This will only change when there is a change in leadership at the highest level in our athletic department.

Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:09 pm
True Bobcat Fan

I love it when the newbies come in and say the same stuff we have been saying for over a dozen years like it is a new creative thought. Maybe 2018 will be the year we get a real Athletic Director.

Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:48 pm
Bobcat Wannabe

Great post. Very encouraging and a really nice way to broaden forum usage and input. Silly me...I thought the thread was "Fuck you Larry". Next time, I'll comment on climate change.

Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:17 pm
Junior Bobcat

Very encouraging and a really nice way to broaden forum usage and input.

I don't think anyone was trying to put you down. I think most of us are wanting to point out how embarrassing this actually is. The fact that Larry Teis is still the athletic director after many years of continuously declining results, is mind boggling. The fact that this is not a new issue and has been going on for many years just makes it so much worse.

Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:52 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Great post. Very encouraging and a really nice way to broaden forum usage and input. Silly me...I thought the thread was "Fuck you Larry". Next time, I'll comment on climate change.

Both times I have seen your name, I immediately start thinking Beach Boys. It's killing me.

Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:16 pm
True Bobcat Fan

TXSTRiverBobcat wrote:

I don't think anyone was trying to put you down. I think most of us are wanting to point out how embarrassing this actually is. The fact that Larry Teis is still the athletic director after many years of continuously declining results, is mind boggling. The fact that this is not a new issue and has been going on for many years just makes it so much worse.

Exactly, I didn't mean to put you down. Sorry if it came across that way. We have all been saying the same things for years and nothing happens. Welcome to the shit show and here's hoping that 2018 is a much better year for Bobcat athletics.

Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:02 am
Junior Bobcat

Ha !! Someone else sees there’s a problem too...

https://www.frogsowar.com/2018/1/2/1684 ... this-state

Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:58 pm
True Bobcat Fan

it's impossible to plummet from 10th in a 12 team state, or 2 wins for that matter, and unlikely given where both rice and utep are today. but not wrong about that support....

Quote:
Texas State (2-10): It feels like the Bobcats are in for more of the same in 2018, as Withers will return as head coach after a two win campaign. It’s as tough a job as there is in the state, as there doesn’t seem to be a ton of support around the program from administration or fans. With Rice and UTEP looking like they are on the come up, Texas State might be plummeting down the rankings.

Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:07 pm
True Bobcat Fan

SWT84 wrote:
TXSTRiverBobcat wrote:

Exactly, I didn't mean to put you down. Sorry if it came across that way. We have all been saying the same things for years and nothing happens. Welcome to the shit show and here's hoping that 2018 is a much better year for Bobcat athletics.

I meant to put you down, but now I feel bad about it. Thanks for making me feel like shit.

Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:56 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Saul Goodman wrote:
more of the same in 2018, as Withers will return as head coach after a two win campaign

sounds like someone else agrees that with maybe 90% of any other fbs coaches at the helm we would yield better in game results...

Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:38 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 200 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 14  Next