Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Fuck you larry 
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: Fuck you larry
Texas, the Great State of NFL and College coaching wasteland

1. Jason Garrett (5-6) – Completely unable to adjust to losing admittingly his best players. He is just Jerry’s yes man.

2. Bill O’Brian (4-6) – Probably actually worse than Garrett but did draft Deshaun Watson who was hurt in practice. This team is cursed.

3. Todd Herman (6-5) – I hope Shane Buechelle transfers to OU and then comes back and kicks UT’s ass. Herman is the highest paid State of Texas employee. Herman is lame and is a bust as a big time head coach. I don’t think we should even hire him once he is run out of Austin in a few years.

4. Kliff Kingsbury (5-6) – Should have just known that Kingsbury was a bust when Baker Mayfield bolted for OU that year.

5. Kevin Sumlin (7-4) – His record is just not good enough for perennial championship winner Texas Ass & M.

6. Matt Ruhle (1-10) – What a dumpster fire.

7. Mike Price (0-11) – This is the interim head coach. They fired their coach mid-year.

8. David BAILiff (1-10) – Looks like his best days were with Southwest Texas.

9. JC Harper (3-9) – SFA is remote and hard to get people out there.

10. Daren Wilkenson (4-7) – Lack of support at TAMK eventually takes a toll.

Notice who I didn’t mention.

Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:41 pm
SuperCat

VP98 wrote:
3. Todd Herman (6-5) – I hope Shane Buechelle transfers to OU and then comes back and kicks UT’s ass. Herman is the highest paid State of Texas employee. Herman is lame and is a bust as a big time head coach. I don’t think we should even hire him once he is run out of Austin in a few years.

Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:57 pm
True Bobcat Fan

BobcatSideEye wrote:

Who the hell are you? Let me guess, you are from Westlake or something?

Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:28 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Based on his Bio I think Todd Herman seems like an exceptional individual. I could use a good life coach.

Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:39 pm
SuperCat

VP98 wrote:
BobcatSideEye wrote:

Who the hell are you? Let me guess, you are from Westlake or something?

Not even close, but I DO know that TOM Herman is the Texas coach. :lol:

Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:10 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

http://toddherman.me/

Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:11 pm
Junior Bobcat

Saul Goodman wrote:
why on earth would you want kiffin? he's going to leave fau after 1 season. how does that help us in any way?

Because he wins. We haven't had that in like 40 years.

Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:45 pm
True Bobcat Fan

he’s also a certified piece of shit human being.

Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:57 pm
Junior Bobcat

Yea, and I would take a couple 9-10 win seasons in a heart beat regardless of how much of a POS he is. Last time we won like that was back in the early 80's.

Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:20 pm
SuperCat

TXSTRiverBobcat wrote:
Yea, and I would take a couple 9-10 win seasons in a heart beat regardless of how much of a POS he is. Last time we won like that was back in the early 80's.

Wins with a guy who was a superb human being. I would rather have a losing team than be led by a douchebag.

Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:26 pm
SuperCat

TXSTRiverBobcat wrote:

You're delusional.
For starters, Texas State can't afford to fire Withers and hire Kiffin. Unless, you have a couple $million you're willing to donate to the athletic department. Then, you think he's coming in next season and winning 9 games in a heart beat?

Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:50 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

TXSTRiverBobcat wrote:

Kiffin would be a fucking moron to leave FAU for Texas State, so let's stop considering it right now. But let's talk about your motivation...

This "win at all costs" philosophy is what served as the basis for hiring Matsakis despite known character misgivings.

It isn't that Kiffin is an asshole--most division 1 coaches are to at least some substantial degree. It is that Kiffin has an extensive pattern of exercising poor judgment, which is not the same thing. To put it in more recognizable terms:

Nick Saban: Notorious asshole.
Urban Meyer: Notorious asshole.
Chip Kelly: pattern of exercising poor judgment with a show-cause penalty for his trouble
Jim Tressel: pattern of exercising poor judgment with a show-cause penalty for his trouble
Art Briles: pattern of exercising poor judgment with a show-cause penalty for his trouble
Kevin Wilson: pattern of exercising poor judgment putting student health at risk
Tim Beckman: almost didn't put him in here because he is simply a monster dumbass
Bret Bielema: You want an example of a guy like Kiffin that should stay away from microphones & keyboards, this is it
Pete Carroll: pattern of exercising poor judgment in the college ranks, screwing USC
Bobby Petrino: Seriously... look up the history on him and where it got him & Arkansas

Almost universally, bad judgment does not end well for the coach or university involved. It can be overcome & compensated for, provided they work for good head coaches & universities that have the ability to keep coaches like that channeled with appropriate oversight.

Texas State tried to go down the path of "win at all costs" with Greg LaFleur and Manny Matsakis. We didn't just fail at it... we failed spectacularly. And from that experience was the birth of Larry Teis, NCAA compliance officer masquerading as an athletic director for more than a decade now.

I respectfully disagree with time on the internet being "wasted." I would've never known that a monkey would fall over after smelling his own, stinky finger if it wasn't for the glory of the internet.

Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:36 pm
True Bobcat Fan

I would just like to point out that Kiffin was actually dealing with a surplus of scholarship players at FAU, while.. y'know, Withers still won't be at 85 next year.

http://fauowlaccess.com/floridaatlantic ... olarships/

Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:39 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Don't think anyone is going to come here as long as we don't take Football seriously. Withers is our best hope for now imo.

Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:29 am
True Bobcat Fan

tpopt wrote:
Don't think anyone is going to come here as long as we don't take Football seriously. Withers is our best hope for now imo.

We will know which direction this thing is heading next year. The only way it will be in doubt is if we win exactly 4 next year. Some will take that as progress and others will say 4-8 isn't acceptable. 5 wins isn't where we want to be but it would be so much better, I think most would take it and be hopeful for year 4.

Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:55 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next