Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Fuck you larry 
Bobcat Wannabe

Post Fuck you larry
Fuck you larry

Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:24 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: Fuck you larry
fuck you, too

Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:19 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Bump, because Washington State just beat USC.

I'm not resurrecting the debate about whether we could have landed Leach, whether fans and big donors would have put up the money for that, etc. I'll agree that he was probably out of our reach, although it still bugs me that Larry never even seemed to explore what it might take.

Fast-forward a few years: Fran sucked, and we were still not in a position to pay a decent coaching salary.

I hope Withers turns out to be amazing, but I'm cringing at the idea that if he doesn't, nearly a decade will have passed since the start of the Fran era, and we will still be shopping for coaching bargains.

Luck is when opportunity meets preparation.

Preparation, Larry.

Get some kind of a plan in place, and get the fans and donors behind it. We'll need it, to grab the next Mike Leach opportunity, or to hold onto Withers, if he turns out to be a stud.

And, fuck you.

Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:42 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

lurker wrote:

I'm not resurrecting the debate about whether we could have landed Leach, whether fans and big donors would have put up the money for that, etc. I'll agree that he was probably out of our reach, although it still bugs me that Larry never even seemed to explore what it might take.

Not that I don't agree with "fuck you Larry Teis", but playing devils advocate here, how do we know that LT didn't try reaching out to Leach and it was just quickly shot down? I mean it could have just been like that scene in American Psycho where Christian Bale calls that bad ass restaurant for a reservation and the receptionist on the other end just laughs at him, but hey he tried.Image

We just assume that he didn't because we didn't hear about it, but unless we have call log of his phone records we just are doing that, assuming.

But yes. Fuck that guy.

Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:02 am
True Bobcat Fan

haha! not going to lie, i had a quick thought about that exact same thing when i woke up yesterday and saw the pirate had pulled off another upset.
El Gato wrote:
how do we know that LT didn't try reaching out to Leach and it was just quickly shot down?

name a single thing teis has ever done that is similar, or would lead you to believe this was remotely possible.

Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:02 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

The big issue with regards to Teis is that Teis seems to think that everyone should just blindly trust him in what he is doing.

The problem with that is that he is a clusterfuck of an AD, and really... has fucked up most things he's touched.

If he was able to communicate to the masses what his plans/goals are/were... Maybe folks would get behind him some. But he doesn't. He keeps everything quiet, except when does interviews wtih the school paper and talks about how shitty the fanbase is here.

By contrast: Hickey was an outspoken leader. She was telling any and every one she could what the goals were and the plans to get there. And what happened? People bought in. She didn't get them to the AAC or MWC like she wanted, but everyone knew she wasn't sitting on her ass.

Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:02 am
True Bobcat Fan

El Gato wrote:
lurker wrote:

Not that I don't agree with "fuck you Larry Teis", but playing devils advocate here, how do we know that LT didn't try reaching out to Leach and it was just quickly shot down? I mean it could have just been like that scene in American Psycho where Christian Bale calls that bad ass restaurant for a reservation and the receptionist on the other end just laughs at him, but hey he tried.Image

We just assume that he didn't because we didn't hear about it, but unless we have call log of his phone records we just are doing that, assuming.

But yes. Fuck that guy.

Dorsia.

Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:01 pm
SuperCat

Trauth is 70 so I cant imagine she is going to work much longer. I respect a lot of the things she has done for this university but it is clear Larry is not high on her priority list. I will be very interested to see if the new president will understand how athletics can boost the overall reputation of the school, alumni engagement, and number of applications. I meet people from all over the country that have never heard of TXST. Others have heard of it but don't realize that it has more than 10k students.

Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:06 pm
Junior Bobcat

LT Spider wrote:
Others have heard of it but don't realize that it has more than 10k students.

This. The other day at my job I was wearing a TXST shirt (a polo with the supercat on it) when a coach from one of the high schools from around here comes in. He asked me what the logo on my shirt was. Seriously? Are we so invisible that a high school coach in Texas doesn't recognize our logo? He also happened to ask me how big TXST is and I told him. He was dumbfounded that we are so much bigger than Baylor.

Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:22 pm
True Bobcat Fan

LatemCat wrote:
LT Spider wrote:
Others have heard of it but don't realize that it has more than 10k students.

This. The other day at my job I was wearing a TXST shirt (a polo with the supercat on it) when a coach from one of the high schools from around here comes in. He asked me what the logo on my shirt was. Seriously? Are we so invisible that a high school coach in Texas doesn't recognize our logo? He also happened to ask me how big TXST is and I told him. He was dumbfounded that we are so much bigger than Baylor.

Our enrollmet is so much larger than Baylor, but we don't even sniff them on Alumni support/contributions.

~flag~ ~flag~
~flag~ ~flag~

Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:01 am
SuperCat

Quote:
Our enrollmet is so much larger than Baylor, but we don't even sniff them on Alumni support/contributions.

~flag~ ~flag~
~flag~ ~flag~[/quote]

That will never change until we start winning. They say "winning cures all" for a reason. And what we need, in this order, are:

1. An enthusiastic and competent AD
2. An enthusiastic and competent AD
3. An enthusiastic and competent AD

Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:02 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Leach wouldn't have worked at Texas State. He drops F-bombs at the top of lungs and abuses players throughout the game on the sidelines. He would have offended the Dark Side by the end of his first game. It doesn't matter at TT or Washington State where you can't hear anything. In our place we need the 2005 team or a game against a guaranteed loss to get our people to show up. I guess they could have moved our team over to the bright sideline like we did in the early 1990's.

Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:59 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Bump

Just cause this guy has to go!

Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:53 pm
SuperCat

LT has to go, no doubt.

Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:03 pm
Junior Bobcat

The TXST Athletic Dept. has been a joke for years. Why? Lawrence Teis is the worst DI AD in the nation. TXST just needs a decent AD to be successful. Dr. Trauth knows he is a stumbling, bumbling idiot but she will not make a change. She has been given pressure to move on and has applied at various Universities but at this point she will retire at TXST. The one way that could force the removal of this AD is a student movement. The poor students are pissing away $22 per credit hour that goes to Athletics. They need to stand up and force the issue.

Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:13 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next