Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 407 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
 Fuck you larry 
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Re: Fuck you larry
LT Spider wrote:
This stupidity is going to create more animosity than it solves.

Completely expect this as well.

Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:00 am
True Bobcat Fan

Editing videos and kicking out dissenters. Sounds like the Soviet Union more than an athletic department.

Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:01 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Canaquedista Man wrote:
they need to be questioned about the edited after game press conference released by the AD's office.

Not trying to be a dick here, but what exactly do you expect them to say?

Yup, our coach acted like a tool bag so we edited out the part that showed him being a dick, but really... it didn't have any information about the game or next week... so....

I find it both curious and sad that Trauth is involved in these interviews. Normally, when Teis gets pressured by something, he sends out a "letter from the AD" type response, or does an interview with the star where he says he doesn't know what he can do to get people to show up.

Having Trauth in on these interviews changes things a bit, which... I don't quite know what to make of it, other than I'm guessing it's now an issue that is bugging her, so she has to address it.

New side question: If Teis/Trauth announced they would do a fan "town hall" where no questions were off limits, just them, a trio of mic's, and a line to ask questions... Who would attend?

Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:51 am
True Bobcat Fan

I would definitely attend. And if the athletic department was smart and really wanted to regain trust of the alumni, they would adopt a policy similar to my company.

At all-hands meetings, my company adopts a policy with regards to all employees asking questions to upper management, including the CEO -- if you're brave enough to ask, we will be brave enough to answer. That doesn't mean you will always get a full answer, especially in regards to stuff that is still confidential, but the questions definitely aren't filtered. They are addressed as full and honest as can be.

Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:07 am
True Bobcat Fan

The AD of Texas is on twitter right now answering requests and questions from fans. Even when the answer is no, he is busting his ass to appreciate and engage fans. They typically have the largest athletic budget in the nation and he’s taking the time to talk to slapdicks on twitter. JFC Larry, you have to hustle.

Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:49 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Compared to our AD answering canned/scripted questions to a University owned campus radio station.

Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:01 pm
True Bobcat Fan

KXAN spoke with an AFD official a few times today about the flooding in Llano. God damnit, he was 10000x better speaking to the press than Larry has ever been. In the first call, he was riding in the firetruck on the way to Llano County and they were asking him questions and all of his answers were concise, prepared, and informative. The second time they spoke to him was an interview on scene and he was even better. This guy wasn't even an official spokesman, just a junior captian or senior lt.

If you're Larry, and you know you aren't very good at speaking to the media, why wouldn't you take some classes and get some personal instruction?

Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:27 pm
True Bobcat Fan

https://fireteis.com

Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:33 am
True Bobcat Fan

I like the website, but I do wish it could better incorporate poor fan attendance for sporting events.

Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:44 pm
True Bobcat Fan

That's a good idea. Is there an actual butts in seats attendance number for any of our sports, or will all of the numbers be purchased?

Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:11 pm
True Bobcat Fan

You know they'll try and bury that information. :lol: Maybe can rummage through this pdf and check the references for info. I looked around a little and couldn't find much else. I think we've only had 1 sellout since renovation? The Tech game which was full of tech fans?

https://friedgreentomatoes.files.wordpress.com/2017/04/formativeresearch.pdf

Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:20 pm
True Bobcat Fan

There have been 4 sellouts I believe. Tech, Navy, UH, and UTSA.

You won't find anything but paid attendance, but you can still make a point this season at how bad our paid attendance is against many of our peers (Sun Belt and Texas G5s). Some will be comparable, some we'll be getting smoked.

This is probably a football only argument though so far this academic year. I bet soccer and volleyball are above NCAA averages this year and maybe significantly. Just a guess.

Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:25 pm
True Bobcat Fan

The other thing is, I don't want it to focus on one sport. This is a systemic issue across all sports.

I actually think the biggest issues aren't even record related. It's the fan/donor/alumni relations, media relations, marketing, PR, hiring/firing, etc. that are the biggest issues.

Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:28 pm
True Bobcat Fan

I also think that they will just brush off the attendance as being a problem for every team in the nation.

https://lead1association.com/sports/2018/9/12/fan-attendance.aspx?id=61 Lead 1 has a "Byte of the Week" about it.

We all know that we are dropping the ball with marketing our games and generating fan engagement and interest in the games, but it's a pretty easy point to dismiss.

Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:33 pm
True Bobcat Fan

I wasn't at the UH or UTSA games. Navy I remember as packed but must have been quite a few no shows. Or maybe I just don't remember it well.

I think it'd be nice to have a 4 or 5 year trend since we're talking about his long term failures. But this and last year's attendance is certainly a nice snapshot.

Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:34 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 407 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next