Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Fuck you larry 
SuperCat

Post Re: Fuck you larry
Happy to see that we have at least moved on from the withers debate and are focusing on the real problem with the athletic department. We could get rid of withers tomorrow but keep Larry and be in the same position 5, 10, or 15 years from now.

Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:31 pm
True Bobcat Fan

LT Spider wrote:
Happy to see that we have at least moved on from the withers debate and are focusing on the real problem with the athletic department. We could get rid of withers tomorrow but keep Larry and be in the same position 5, 10, or 15 years from now.

Pretty sure this will never happen as long as Trauth is making decisions. I'm good with some fresh blood.

Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:47 pm
SuperCat

Shes 70. Fresh blood will come soon enough.

Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:05 am
True Bobcat Fan

Just remember that the University President is hired by the TSUS Board of Regents. Also remember what I said about getting some a-hole in there who thinks were are too big for our britches and wants to put us back in our place. I don't like the idea of changing presidents in the current education hating era. Supple was able to integrate a hand picked successor rather than some gob Perry appointment. We probably will not be so lucky next time. DT might not be the most popular subject on this board but really the only place our school struggles is somewhat in reputation and on the football field. We are still charging too much for athletics, but I believe we have our priorities straighter than other schools.

Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:19 am
True Bobcat Fan

VP98 wrote:
Just remember that the University President is hired by the TSUS Board of Regents. Also remember what I said about getting some a-hole in there who thinks were are too big for our britches and wants to put us back in our place. I don't like the idea of changing presidents in the current education hating era. Supple was able to integrate a hand picked successor rather than some gob Perry appointment. We probably will not be so lucky next time. DT might not be the most popular subject on this board but really the only place our school struggles is somewhat in reputation and on the football field. We are still charging too much for athletics, but I believe we have our priorities straighter than other schools.

Great point. I worked for a state agency where Perry fired leadership and put his people in place with no understanding or background in where they were no working. Moral dropped and so did funding. I could easily see Abbott putting some clown in charge that has no interest in anything other than budget control. While budgets need to be met, it will be used to slow the growth of the university and do more harm than good. Maybe it won't play out that way but there is a good chance it will.

Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:16 am
True Bobcat Fan

slycat wrote:
VP98 wrote:

Great point. I worked for a state agency where Perry fired leadership and put his people in place with no understanding or background in where they were no working. Moral dropped and so did funding. I could easily see Abbott putting some clown in charge that has no interest in anything other than budget control. While budgets need to be met, it will be used to slow the growth of the university and do more harm than good. Maybe it won't play out that way but there is a good chance it will.

Abbott did come to campus when he was in the Governor's race. So at least he knows who we are and that we exist and we are the, "Rising Star of Texas".

We can't really get much worse leadership/support than what we have right now....

~flag~ ~flag~
~flag~ ~flag~

Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:31 am
True Bobcat Fan

GMAN wrote:
slycat wrote:
VP98 wrote:

Abbott did come to campus when he was in the Governor's race. So at least he knows who we are and that we exist and we are the, "Rising Star of Texas".

We can't really get much worse leadership/support than what we have right now....

~flag~ ~flag~
~flag~ ~flag~

I am all for change if it means that Larry is fired ASAP

Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:03 pm
True Bobcat Fan

GMAN wrote:

I disagree. Our university does not have funding problems and has been a growing emerging university for decades. The legislature let us change our name, open the RR center, move to FBS football, and designated us an emerging research university. Just about all of our buildings are either renovated or relatively new. Our athletics facilities are all about to be new once Strahan is completed. In neighboring Louisiana and Arkansas large contingencies from the dominant schools in their legislatures do what they can to keep LA Laf and Ark State down. There have been US Supreme Court Cases involving these two schools and this issue. The Tx leg is always bashing UT Austin. A&M is their lapdog. We fly under the radar because we are the 10th school in the state and are not a threat to their supremacy. That could all change.

Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:12 pm
True Bobcat Fan

VP98 wrote:
GMAN wrote:

I disagree. Our university does not have funding problems and has been a growing emerging university for decades. The legislature let us change our name, open the RR center, move to FBS football, and designated us an emerging research university. Just about all of our buildings are either renovated or relatively new. Our athletics facilities are all about to be new once Strahan is completed. In neighboring Louisiana and Arkansas large contingencies from the dominant schools in their legislatures do what they can to keep LA Laf and Ark State down. There have been US Supreme Court Cases involving these two schools and this issue. The Tx leg is always bashing UT Austin. A&M is their lapdog. We fly under the radar because we are the 10th school in the state and are not a threat to their supremacy. That could all change.

Sorry, i wasn't more specific.... "The leadership of athletic competitiveness" sucks.

~flag~ ~flag~
~flag~ ~flag~

Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:24 pm
SuperCat

Its a pretty glaring issue considering the direction of the university, as a whole, has been positive for quite some time. We have increased enrollment, degree offerings, phd programs, expanded into round rock, started more business partnerships, etc. Love what the school is doing by adding more programs in fields that are in demand such as engineering.

Areas of suck:
Athletic leadership particularly in translating the success above into fan support.

Our endowment sucks for a university of our size. This shows a lack of fundraising for a century. Hard to change that culture over night.

Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:45 am
Bobcat Wannabe

We (my son is a freshman) have the 3rd largest school in the state (based on enrollment) in arguably the best part of the state with a frickin' river running through campus and have no brand. You can't find a TXSU t-shirt or hat outside of San Marcos. My wife and I were recently at a Target in Arlington and a Target associate stopped my wife to ask her where she got the TXSU shirt she was wearing. She went on to tell us about how excited she was to attend TXSU next fall along with several of her classmates. This wasn't too surprising. We knew several kids at our son's HS who attend TXSU or are planning to.

Yet, there is no TXSU stuff available at Academy, Rally House or anywhere else in the DFW area. Why? Texas State competes at the top level athletically, has a decent football stadium, a great band playing good school songs, the Strutters and a cool, original hand sign ( at least with the left hand) yet the "average Joe" doesn't think about TXSU compared to consideration given to UT, A&M, Bailor, Tech, TCU, SMU or even UH, UNT and Rice.

I'm a Tech grad and we have stuff available everywhere. Why doesn't TXSU? We need to get our logo out throughout the state. Get a bunch of people wearing TXSU stuff and the brand will build. As the brand builds, attention will come and perception of TXSU will increase and the view of TXSU improves, or is created.

We're excited about our school " deep in the heart of Texas, STATE!". It's about time our school works to build a brand and blankets the state with it. Let's go leaders of the school. Build a brand now!

Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:12 am
SuperCat

It's txst.

I have the same problem in Austin. Just had this conversation with a co-worker this week. She was trying to buy me a shirt as a gift and went all over looking for one with no luck. The polo I wear to football games I had to have my sister in law buy in San Antonio and mail it to me. We have 40,000 students 30 minutes from Austin but can't find a shirt anywhere. Pathetic.

Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:17 am
True Bobcat Fan

LT Spider wrote:
Our endowment sucks for a university of our size. This shows a lack of fundraising for a century. Hard to change that culture over night.

see I think that is where you are wrong. and i think it can be done before VP98s next 99th birthday too so he doesnt have to wait any longer. they pitched the plans in place to some day make the move to fbs at my offical high school visit. this is the 7th season since the fbs movement 1st began in 2011 when we started scheduling more than 1 FBS opponent and trying to meet average attendance requirement in order to make the move..is it everything everyone dreamt of? our endowment $$ is a bad reflection of our student body size you say? we compete in the sun belt-- the most high profile exhilarating experience in all of d1 single A classification where a 7 win team can stay at home for Christmas break!! who wants that life more than anyone else? who has endless endowment? Liberty U!! so here is the plan.. we put a for sale sign on the university in hopes that Liberty comes up and acquires our campus. they can move all of their personnel, staff and students all over here too and make a huge mega university. on one condition-- they get rid of their itt tech online program. so that means that they free to take over operations, adminstration, fundraising and all the stuff we arent any good at and all they have to leave as is...is the mascot, school colors, fight songs, etc.

before we know it we will be the duke of the south setting the world on fire and on the map! we will be taking the fbs by storm like the 2013 blue devils that led by 21 at the half and almost wrecked johnny heisman's 2013 campaign in the peach bowl!!!

Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:30 am
True Bobcat Fan

Phratcatbocoloco wrote:
LT Spider wrote:

see I think that is where you are wrong. and i think it can be done before VP98s next 99th birthday too so he doesnt have to wait any longer. they pitched the plans in place to some day make the move to fbs at my offical high school visit. this is the 7th season since the fbs movement 1st began in 2011 when we started scheduling more than 1 FBS opponent and trying to meet average attendance requirement in order to make the move..is it everything everyone dreamt of? our endowment $$ is a bad reflection of our student body size you say? we compete in the sun belt-- the most high profile exhilarating experience in all of d1 single A classification where a 7 win team can stay at home for Christmas break!! who wants that life more than anyone else? who has endless endowment? Liberty U!! so here is the plan.. we put a for sale sign on the university in hopes that Liberty comes up and acquires our campus. they can move all of their personnel, staff and students all over here too and make a huge mega university. on one condition-- they get rid of their itt tech online program. so that means that they free to take over operations, adminstration, fundraising and all the stuff we arent any good at and all they have to leave as is...is the mascot, school colors, fight songs, etc.

before we know it we will be the duke of the south setting the world on fire and on the map! we will be taking the fbs by storm like the 2013 blue devils that led by 21 at the half and almost wrecked johnny heisman's 2013 campaign in the peach bowl!!!

Well, you could see this ^ post coming from miles away . . . .

it's finally happened . . . all the years of losing . . . all the apathy . . . the disrespect . .
being a laughing stock . . . years of talking to people that went to schools with real football programs, and when they asked "Where did you go to school?" Having to quickly mumble "TXST" Then the inevitable rejoinder "Where?"
All the years of being a football/sports program punchline have finally taken their toll . . .

Phrat is officially Broken . . .

Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:29 am
True Bobcat Fan

Pieeaters wrote:
We (my son is a freshman) have the 3rd largest school in the state (based on enrollment)

62,527 - tamu
51,527 - texas
43,774 - houston (2016 numbers - harvey jacked up 2017)
41,715 - uta
38,694 - txst
38,121 - unt
37,010 - tech

Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:03 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next