Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 @ Colorado Gameday Thread 
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: @ Colorado Gameday Thread
My only issue with Jones was him being out on the field in the second quarter.

Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:00 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Phratcatbocoloco wrote:
Bobcat.taxman wrote:
With this season looking like a complete wash, we need to go with WJIII at QB and get him game experience

I no longer think this season is a complete wash. With this effort, I think that Withers will save his job with three wins. We need to avoid injuries. :sign:

Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:07 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Agreed LT.

I just don't see the purpose to bring in a QB for 1 series and then go back unless there was an injury or something. It doesn't make much sense. Then again, Withers' does what he wants and that is one thing we know.

Right now, my biggest concern on offense is not the OL (even with needed improvements to be made), not RB (improving), not WR (need improvement), and for the most part not QB (need consistency)... its the damn TEs (no consistency or improvements from week 1 and 2 deep are senior/junior!). Someone needs to step up! I don't care if Schrade says all the right things... reality is he's "not winning his position" right now and either there is no one else to take the spot or he's our best option. And for Pete's sake, TEs at least block someone!!!

Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:25 pm
True Bobcat Fan

I think Coach Mayes is the issue. OL under Mateos showed improvement from week 1 to 2, but under Mayes last year, they had the consistency issues you are describing.

Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:29 pm
True Bobcat Fan

VP98 wrote:
Phratcatbocoloco wrote:
Bobcat.taxman wrote:
With this season looking like a complete wash, we need to go with WJIII at QB and get him game experience

I no longer think this season is a complete wash. With this effort, I think that Withers will save his job with three wins. We need to avoid injuries. :sign:

Let's be clear, Withers job was never threatened with <3 wins...despite what a lot you guys think.

Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:17 pm
True Bobcat Fan

I had fun at the game. Defense looked great against the run and I hope that continues. They are going to get beat by the pass but luckily a lot of teams in the SBC are run first teams. The offense was about as good as I expected. Williams is the opposite of Jones. He tries to float too many passes in and misses. Jones would throw bullets.

Worst FG attempt I have ever seen on the opening drive. Should have scored 7 there. The punt return was a fluke but it sucked that it started to shift the momentum.

Overall I feel better about the season assuming the defense does what they did in the first half and the offense starts to click.

Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:21 pm
True Bobcat Fan

tx.state wrote:
Let's be clear, Withers job was never threatened with <3 wins...despite what a lot you guys think.

more wishing than thinking on their part, but yeah.

Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:27 pm
SuperCat

[quote="Bobcat.taxman"]:sombrero: :sombrero: :sombrero:
:texasstate: :texasstate: :texasstate:

Good to see Morbley back and doing his thing. With this season looking like a complete wash, we need to go with WJIII at QB and get him game experience. It will pay big dividends in two years.

We are 1-1 after two games and you want to throw in the towel? One must wonder if that is the booze or bias talking.

Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:43 pm
True Bobcat Fan

tx.state wrote:

I was just asked in an earlier thread what specifically I would do if I were athletics director and I said I would set a floor at three wins and anything below that the coach is a sure goner. So with that in mind I am now optimistic that Withers would be back next year if I were AD. I do like the effort of the team and can see some things coming along. I like our QB situation going forward and the scattered talent on the team is nice to watch. Need to turn that into at least a couple of more wins and don't finish 128 and I might not be as "least-happy" as I was when I saw we were predicted to only win one game.

Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:50 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

VP98 wrote:
Phratcatbocoloco wrote:
Bobcat.taxman wrote:

Anything below 4 wins to me is a wash, and unlike some armchair quarterbacks, I don't see that many anywhere on the schedule.

Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:44 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6