Texas State fans in Colorado 
True Bobcat Fan

Post Texas State fans in Colorado
Where are y'all hanging out Friday night?

Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:05 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: Texas State fans in Colorado
not getting in til sat morning so can't help w/ where bobcats will be, but pearl street mall is your best bet for restaurants and bars and people watching. took my daughter up to check out cu this summer and really enjoyed the town.

the buff is your spot for breakfast and get there early because it will be packed on game weekend. it really is damn good!

here's a post from a buff on another board, for my summer trip:
Quote:
--Grab some burgers at the Dark Horse. The Sink gets all of the attention as the iconic college bar in Boulder, but I prefer the Dark Horse.

--Snarfs is fine, but Half Fast subs is better. Drink a pitcher of margs on the deck and enjoy offerings from the largest sandwich menu in America.

--Don't eat on the pedestrian part of Pearl Street mall. The best food is on East Pearl or West Pearl...both cases after the pedestrian section ends. Having said that, under no circumstances should you ever eat at The West End or The Rio (which actually off Pearl).

--It IS fine to drink on Pearl Street Mall. Sundown and Pearl Street Pubs are good choices. If nothing else, you are obligated to hang out on Pearl Street Mall. Even as a local, I never really get tired of it.

--Breweries are everywhere take your pick. Avery gets the most traffic and is a bit of a drive, but is a pretty good time.

--The Buff is fine for breakfast, but I prefer The Parkway. It's gloriously in-Boulder in the most Boulder way.

--The Mediterranean has a reputation for a great happy hour. I participate about once a month, and do enjoy the tapas.

--Boulder hipsters are low grade when compared to Austin's. That's a lead up to another happy hour recommendation: The Bitter Bar is good drinking.

--Are you looking for hikes? I trail run Chautauqua several days a week, let me know if you're looking for trail recommendations.

--Ah yes. Chautauqua. Get an ice cream from the Chautauqua General Store between 7 and 8 (closes at 8) in the evening. It's magic up there in the summer. The parking situation has just changed, and I'm not sure how it works now. It may be free at those hours, but I'm not sure. If it is, I'd just park on either Lincoln Place or Grant Place (my street, as an aside) on the 700 block (just below the park). Take a Frisbee.

--
--McGuckins is the finest hardware store I've ever seen. Go in, even if you don't need hardware (right near The Buff).

--Insider tip. Ado's Kitchen and Bar (sometimes listed as "Span-Ish"). Amazing breakfast, and lunch and dinner are excellent as well. Full bar. It's trying to establish itself in a challenging spot. But I like Uni Hill, personally, and I really want Ado's to succeed. Seriously, the food is amazing, the service is laid back and cool. After Ado's you can grab a beer at The Sink if you're inclined. Albums on The Hill is right across the street if you're into vinyl and iconic record shops.

i did eat at the buff, parkway and ado's and was happy w/ all 3. the sink is a good time too (bar right next to ado's, which is right near campus - next to the fox theater).

Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:15 pm
Junior Bobcat

Post Re: Texas State fans in Colorado
Heading to a bar or brew pub on Pearl St in the next hour. Eat em up cats!

Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:32 pm