UTSA 
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: UTSA
x wrote:
They also only gave up 10 points to a team Liberty gave up 45 to.

Hence the battle of the defenses

Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:23 pm
SuperCat

I went and watched UTSA and Baylor since I get free tickets. Baylor looked a lot like us. Ran the ball successfully early but then UTSA figured out that's all they could do and shut it down. UTSA QB is an impressive athlete. He killed Baylor on the ground. They killed Baylor on play action passes, qb scrambles, and designed qb runs. I think our defense will fare better since we're more disciplined. Hopefully our receivers won't struggle to get open against UTSA like they did against Colorado. I think this game will be a lot closer than I thought it would be before the season started. I think we could beat Baylor also. Too bad they'll probably rebound by the time we play them.

Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:22 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Baylor played 14 freshmen last night.

Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:03 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Larry Teis wrote:
Baylor played 14 freshmen last night.

Baylor, just like us, is proof of what happens when you lose a whole recruiting class (or two)...despite what their prior coach did, or what their current coaching is doing.

UTSA had a lot more continuity between Coker and Wilson. It sucks because the way we Fran'd it up in 2012 that we're likely to fall 0-2 vs them. Their fans are pretty unbearable as it is now.

Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:00 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Still maybe the toughest loss in my TXST fandom career. And I was at UNI@TXST in 2005...

If not for the "open bar" at the Hyatt in downtown SA that night I'm not sure I'd have made it. Just an awful loss. Thanks Fran.

Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:16 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Urgent Memo to Dr. Trauth:

HIRE HER NOW! Fire Larry boy (or demote him to Compliance Officer) and bring in a competent Athletic Director.

Don't F around, make something good happen...TODAY!

Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:03 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

SWT84 wrote:

HIRE HER NOW! Fire Larry boy (or demote him to Compliance Officer) and bring in a competent Athletic Director.

a person can dream can't they?
make this dream come true

Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:51 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

SWT84 wrote:

You know... for all the shit I give LT... he really is a VERY good Compliance Officer.

It really seems to me that LT was good at his job, and really not an utter failure as an FCS AD... He's just an utter trainwreck as an AD, and I think it's probably because he hasn't had anyone guiding him (his last stop at TCU is how to work on a private university, and even then, he wasn't the "man" there).

So bringing in someone like Hickey to help groom LT would be a damn good thing for his career, I think.

Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:40 am
True Bobcat Fan

Yep, Larry is the perfect example of someone who was promoted one step above his level of competence.

Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:08 am
True Bobcat Fan

SWT84 wrote:
Yep, Larry is the perfect example of someone who was promoted one step above his level of competence.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_principle

Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:31 am
True Bobcat Fan

SWT84 wrote:

100% agreed.

~flag~ ~flag~
~flag~ ~flag~

Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:13 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Saul Goodman wrote:
TheRevSWT wrote:
For Hickey's sake, I am hoping she resigned to move to a better position in her field.

that announcement doesn't read positively for her. more like an "office is cleaned out already" type.

For all the great things she did for UTSA, the one blemish was her inability to do ANYTHING with facilities. That's the next frontier for UTSA's athletic program. They have to improve facilities. Their basketball, baseball and softball facilities are barely HS level. She had plenty of time to make some headway there and never did.

I have to think the Eighmy saw that and decided to make a move.

Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:38 am
True Bobcat Fan

GoGatos wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:
TheRevSWT wrote:
For Hickey's sake, I am hoping she resigned to move to a better position in her field.

that announcement doesn't read positively for her. more like an "office is cleaned out already" type.

For all the great things she did for UTSA, the one blemish was her inability to do ANYTHING with facilities. That's the next frontier for UTSA's athletic program. They have to improve facilities. Their basketball, baseball and softball facilities are barely HS level. She had plenty of time to make some headway there and never did.

I have to think the Eighmy saw that and decided to make a move.

We have those. Now let's hire her to fix all of the things Teis sucks at doing

Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:21 am
True Bobcat Fan

I don't disagree that it will end up being another internet game it's just weird because all of the other ESPN3 games the rest of our schedule have already been posted. Maybe it's because they are conference and this is OOC. If we get an 11 or 230 kickoff I could see LHN picking it up as they've done in the past for 2013 ULM and (I think 2012 Nevada?) since UT doesn't play until 730 on fox... though when they picked up those games I think the horns had bye weeks

Last edited by Bobbumman on Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:08 am, edited 7 times in total.

Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:33 am
True Bobcat Fan

UTSA game time and media coverage should be finalized and relased around lunchtime today though Teis and company may elect not to announce until tomorrow... gotta think if we were riding high like them we might get some decent regional spotlight that can be watched outside of the SA/ATX market. The best I think we could hope for is maybe FS1/2, FSN or maybe if we get a daytime game we could get on Root Sports because the Stros don't play until 6. If we get stuck on the non-HD BeIn sports channel that's going to suck. I think they have an agreement with CUSA... anyone know what other channels we could get on that have open agreements?

Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:34 am