Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Maybe now...... 
Author Message
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:21 pm
Posts: 6834
Location: Austin
Reply with quote
Post Maybe now......
:sombrero: :sombrero: :sombrero:
:texasstate: :texasstate: :texasstate:



1. You guys realize what Tyler Jones brought to the table. Williams had 135 passing yards against a mid-level FCS team and found seven receivers (most for a single catch). Jones had a school record and found over 9 different pass catchers.

2. You'll stop taking what the mouthpieces tell you as gospel. The only info you've gotten from camp reports were what Withers wanted you to know. Missing two wide open receivers in the endzone the first half? Guarantee you that was there in practice all fall too.

3. You understand why I only saw one win this season. Most of you were hoping for 4 or 5 and possibly 6 wins with a bowl game. That's what happens when you only listen to a handful of "insiders" who don't look at things objectively.



Defense played awesome and only gave up 9 points. They made some great stops when we needed it. But I foresee a lot of three and outs in our future on offense, which will tire out the defense all season.

We need to use Hays and Schrade on offense more. King was a playmaker tonight, but future teams will key in to the fact that Williams has laser vision on one read only.


Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:14 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:27 pm
Posts: 6198
Location: Houston
Reply with quote
Post Re: Maybe now......
Maybe you will finally realize Fran sucked too and this program hit rock bottom before Withers got here. 3 wins with a loaded senior team. I am not happy with Withers but let's not pretend this is new.


Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:20 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:21 pm
Posts: 6834
Location: Austin
Reply with quote
Post Re: Maybe now......
slycat wrote:
Maybe you will finally realize Fran sucked too and this program hit rock bottom before Withers got here. 3 wins with a loaded senior team. I am not happy with Withers but let's not pretend this is new.



I don't recall the 3-9 team being "Senior loaded". I do recall Texas State sending the most players to the NFL under his tenure though.


Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:25 pm
Profile
SuperCat

Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:39 pm
Posts: 102
Reply with quote
Post Re: Maybe now......
Delete your account.


Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:27 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:27 pm
Posts: 6198
Location: Houston
Reply with quote
Post Re: Maybe now......
Bobcat.taxman wrote:
slycat wrote:
Maybe you will finally realize Fran sucked too and this program hit rock bottom before Withers got here. 3 wins with a loaded senior team. I am not happy with Withers but let's not pretend this is new.



I don't recall the 3-9 team being "Senior loaded". I do recall Texas State sending the most players to the NFL under his tenure though.


Sure it was. We went 7-5 the year before, most of the key players returned, and we sucked. Yes guys like Orakpo got hurt early but the team gave up. I've never been more ashamed to watch a team to not give a fuck then Frans last year. I agree that Withers fucked up with Jones but Fran lost the team. The real hate needs to be directed at the AD. All we do is complain about sports around here and the only common factor is Teis.


Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:29 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:02 pm
Posts: 1744
Reply with quote
Post Re: Maybe now......
Quote:
Sure it was. We went 7-5 the year before, most of the key players returned, and we sucked


After the national anthem this evening I said to the people next to me "Look at this crowd, this is what Fran and Larry did. Remember the start of 2015, we had really big crowds in September."

We had a ton of momentum, interest from alumni, and support that had not been around for a long time. Fran drove that bus right off a fucking cliff and we are still poking around in the ashes too close to the fire. Hopefully that fire goes out after this season.

This embarrassment of a football program is on the shoulders of Fran and LT.

Not sure Withers can fix it but he needs more than 1-2 season. I am almost to the point that I dont really care anymore, it's not worth me putting very much into the results. I like tailgating and hanging out pre-game, if we start to get the shit beat out of us, I can get home early, if we have a chance to win, ok ill stay and watch.

_________________
There is no substitute for lack of preparation - Cheatham Street Warehouse Bathroom Wall

Image


Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:56 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:25 pm
Posts: 257
Reply with quote
Post Re: Maybe now......
Bobcat.taxman wrote:
:sombrero: :sombrero: :sombrero:
:texasstate: :texasstate: :texasstate:



1. You guys realize what Tyler Jones brought to the table. Williams had 135 passing yards against a mid-level FCS team and found seven receivers (most for a single catch). Jones had a school record and found over 9 different pass catchers.

2. You'll stop taking what the mouthpieces tell you as gospel. The only info you've gotten from camp reports were what Withers wanted you to know. Missing two wide open receivers in the endzone the first half? Guarantee you that was there in practice all fall too.

3. You understand why I only saw one win this season. Most of you were hoping for 4 or 5 and possibly 6 wins with a bowl game. That's what happens when you only listen to a handful of "insiders" who don't look at things objectively.



Defense played awesome and only gave up 9 points. They made some great stops when we needed it. But I foresee a lot of three and outs in our future on offense, which will tire out the defense all season.

We need to use Hays and Schrade on offense more. King was a playmaker tonight, but future teams will key in to the fact that Williams has laser vision on one read only.


Damian also ran for positive yardage and could actual do something when the line collapsed (heads up, it was often). Also Damian wasn't there all fall. I swear Taxman, you're one giant fucking idiot.

_________________
https://www.reddit.com/r/TxStateBobcats/


Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:05 pm
Profile
SuperCat

Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:39 pm
Posts: 102
Reply with quote
Post Re: Maybe now......
RiverRatCat06 wrote:
Quote:
Sure it was. We went 7-5 the year before, most of the key players returned, and we sucked


After the national anthem this evening I said to the people next to me "Look at this crowd, this is what Fran and Larry did. Remember the start of 2015, we had really big crowds in September."

We had a ton of momentum, interest from alumni, and support that had not been around for a long time. Fran drove that bus right off a fucking cliff and we are still poking around in the ashes too close to the fire. Hopefully that fire goes out after this season.

This embarrassment of a football program is on the shoulders of Fran and LT.

Not sure Withers can fix it but he needs more than 1-2 season. I am almost to the point that I dont really care anymore, it's not worth me putting very much into the results. I like tailgating and hanging out pre-game, if we start to get the shit beat out of us, I can get home early, if we have a chance to win, ok ill stay and watch.


Regarding the attendance, I believe Harvey and the holiday weekend cost a few thousand people from attending. I put blame on myself, I live in Houston (no damage), but I didn't feel like making the drive and spending the money. Part of that is because of the opponent, and the other part is because of last years performance. Yes...Withers inherited a mess, and needs more than 2 years to change this culture.


Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:11 pm
Profile
SuperCat

Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:43 pm
Posts: 135
Reply with quote
Post Re: Maybe now......
We knew Jones was good. Weren't you the one that dogged Rutherford all the time? He was good too. Williams was very solid. Didn't force anything, bought extra time, and he definitely made more than one read on plays that weren't 60 series.

Most of us also only saw one win this year, but as you said also hoped for 4,5, 6. Nothing wrong with having hope but being realistic. Rebellions are built on hope.


Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:18 am
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:21 pm
Posts: 6834
Location: Austin
Reply with quote
Post Re: Maybe now......
RiverRatCat06 wrote:
Quote:
Sure it was. We went 7-5 the year before, most of the key players returned, and we sucked


After the national anthem this evening I said to the people next to me "Look at this crowd, this is what Fran and Larry did. Remember the start of 2015, we had really big crowds in September."
.




Using your exact same logic, both Fran and LT were the reason those crowds were there (after the 7-5 season).


Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:53 am
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:21 pm
Posts: 6834
Location: Austin
Reply with quote
Post Re: Maybe now......
Larry Teis wrote:

Damian also ran for positive yardage and could actual do something when the line collapsed (heads up, it was often). Also Damian wasn't there all fall. I swear Taxman, you're one giant fucking idiot.




Ah, yes. I forgot those 43 rushing yards against an FCS team. I'd rather have 475 yards passing and five TD's than pretend that a stop-gap QB was better than one of our career passing leaders like some on here were pumping him up to be.


Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:57 am
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:21 pm
Posts: 6834
Location: Austin
Reply with quote
Post Re: Maybe now......
BobcatCowboy wrote:
We knew Jones was good. Weren't you the one that dogged Rutherford all the time? He was good too. Williams was very solid. Didn't force anything, bought extra time, and he definitely made more than one read on plays that weren't 60 series.

Most of us also only saw one win this year, but as you said also hoped for 4,5, 6. Nothing wrong with having hope but being realistic. Rebellions are built on hope.




Hope is good, but when it is grounded on realism. That way you will be pleasantly surprised, but won't take losses too hard.


Yes, I was tough on Rutherford as most people on here were......until I started going to practices in person to see what the issue was. I do owe him an apology for that.


Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:59 am
Profile
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2004 11:13 pm
Posts: 458
Location: Grand Prairie
Reply with quote
Post Re: Maybe now......
I came into this game expecting that this might be the only game we win this season so I hoped to see some glimpses of good Bobcat football. I thought that the team did gel during the game and that Williams was learning on the fly. It was nice to see glimpses of the new talent (Smith #21) and from the defense. On the good side App State lost, Wyoming is not as good as expected, Georgia State (we have them at home) and LA are not very good. So hopefully low injuries and maybe the team can show some signs of improvement during the season. I hope Williams will be good, I know Smith will be.


Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:32 am
Profile
True Bobcat Fan
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:25 pm
Posts: 257
Reply with quote
Post Re: Maybe now......
Bobcat.taxman wrote:
Larry Teis wrote:

Damian also ran for positive yardage and could actual do something when the line collapsed (heads up, it was often). Also Damian wasn't there all fall. I swear Taxman, you're one giant fucking idiot.




Ah, yes. I forgot those 43 rushing yards against an FCS team. I'd rather have 475 yards passing and five TD's than pretend that a stop-gap QB was better than one of our career passing leaders like some on here were pumping him up to be.


Yeah, Tyler ran for -8 yards total the entire season, so I'll definitely take Damian over Tyler at this point. Young o-line kept breaking yesterday which gave Damian no chance to throw. Unlike Tyler when the pocket collapsed, he didn't take a sack and would actually attempt to make a play with his legs.

_________________
https://www.reddit.com/r/TxStateBobcats/


Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:42 am
Profile
Online
BF.com Elite Sponsor
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2003 8:34 pm
Posts: 14200
Location: Ten minutes north of Lake Travis
Reply with quote
Post Re: Maybe now......
BobcatCowboy wrote:
We knew Jones was good. Weren't you the one that dogged Rutherford all the time? He was good too. Williams was very solid. Didn't force anything, bought extra time, and he definitely made more than one read on plays that weren't 60 series.

Most of us also only saw one win this year, but as you said also hoped for 4,5, 6. Nothing wrong with having hope but being realistic. Rebellions are built on hope.


To be fair to taxman on this... I think about everyone dogged Rutherford. I know I did, and in retrospect, he did a great job.

_________________
RiverRatCat06 wrote:
Shut the fuck up Larry.


Image


Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:01 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
All Rights Reserved, BobcatFans LLC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group