Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 '17 Home Opener vs Houston Baptist GAMEDAY THREAD 
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Re: '17 Home Opener vs Houston Baptist GAMEDAY THREAD
VP98 wrote:
Hey, at least we're not Baylor and lost to Liberty. Good thing we didn't play them.

or UNLV who lost to Howard

45.5 point underdog, won by 3.

Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:28 pm
True Bobcat Fan

cgd469 wrote:
I think we can all agree that our OL has some growing to do. They are young. It will take time. Not being able to run the ball was the most disappointing thing to me. You have to give HBU credit though. After everything they went through they were fired up. They punched us in the mouth on that first drive for a td. Who knows what would have happened if the cats would not have shot themselves in the foot offensively during the 1st period. I'm glad to get the win and looking forward to seeing how we play against Colorado. :eatemup:

The running game along with our QB play. Was disappointed. QB needs to be cleared up quickly.

Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:38 pm
SuperCat

I do get your point as there is certainly room for improvement at qb. If the ol keeps playing like it did last night it won't matter. D. Williams looked to be rushing everything because he pretty much had to. He just looked unsettled and missed several passes that he hopefully won't miss as the season goes on.

Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:27 pm
SuperCat

CatMom wrote:
VP98 wrote:
Hey, at least we're not Baylor and lost to Liberty. Good thing we didn't play them.

or UNLV who lost to Howard

45.5 point underdog, won by 3.

I was happy about both of those outcomes. Baylor and UNLV are two schools I enjoy seeing lose.

Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:33 pm
SuperCat

People on this forum are funny - the "how dare you be disappointed in this terrible team" attitude is just ridiculous. I've been supporting the 'Cats since 2002, and 2005 with Nealy and the 7-5 year under Fran were the only two times I remember seeing some success on the field. It feels like we've been "rebuilding" for decades at this point. I still buy season tix and support the guys, but god damn, even if we are undersized and young I don't think there are excuses for the sloppy tackling, sloppy blocking, sloppy play I saw against a weaker opponent like that. I get it that we have growing pains (yet again this season) and will never be a powerhouse in Texas, but I also hate giving my heart to a team that year in and year out just flat out sucks. I can roll with the consensus that year 3 under Withers will be the true reckoning year for him, and this season will be a season for a lot of freshmen to play and show us what they've got. But I sure as hell am not going to pretend like being in danger of losing to an FCS school whose campus was literally underwater just last week is a step in the right direction or some sort of big positive. I hope that when we play Colorado next week that even if we get totally stomped, I see guys making clean tackles, clean blocks, running crisp routes, etc. If I see that start to happen I'll continue to give Withers the benefit of the doubt. I just didn't see that last night.

Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:43 pm
True Bobcat Fan

cgd469 wrote:
I do get your point as there is certainly room for improvement at qb. If the ol keeps playing like it did last night it won't matter. D. Williams looked to be rushing everything because he pretty much had to. He just looked unsettled and missed several passes that he hopefully won't miss as the season goes on.

Your right. I'm wrong to put the blame on any particular player. I do hope that these coaches allow our QB to play. Seemed like he was making decisions better towards the end. Hopefully the trend continues. Would like to see less 30 yd passes and screens and more 7- 10 yard plays just to get him some confidence.

Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:44 pm
SuperCat

Agreed. We certainly need to get Schrade involved in the passing game. That would help get our qb some confidence.

Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:24 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

tpopt wrote:
cgd469 wrote:

Your right. I'm wrong to put the blame on any particular player. I do hope that these coaches allow our QB to play. Seemed like he was making decisions better towards the end. Hopefully the trend continues. Would like to see less 30 yd passes and screens and more 7- 10 yard plays just to get him some confidence.

*You're

:sombrero:

Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:25 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

older couple who has sat in our section for several years wrapped up the game perfectly.
"no matter how bad it looked, at least we are undefeated right now".

Besides, Baylor, UNLV, how about adding the horns to that list.

Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:05 pm
True Bobcat Fan

TheRevSWT wrote:
tpopt wrote:
cgd469 wrote:

*You're

Some things never change.

Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:02 pm
True Bobcat Fan

jimbobway wrote:
People on this forum are funny - the "how dare you be disappointed in this terrible team" attitude is just ridiculous. I've been supporting the 'Cats since 2002, and 2005 with Nealy and the 7-5 year under Fran were the only two times I remember seeing some success on the field. It feels like we've been "rebuilding" for decades at this point. I still buy season tix and support the guys, but god damn, even if we are undersized and young I don't think there are excuses for the sloppy tackling, sloppy blocking, sloppy play I saw against a weaker opponent like that. I get it that we have growing pains (yet again this season) and will never be a powerhouse in Texas, but I also hate giving my heart to a team that year in and year out just flat out sucks. I can roll with the consensus that year 3 under Withers will be the true reckoning year for him, and this season will be a season for a lot of freshmen to play and show us what they've got. But I sure as hell am not going to pretend like being in danger of losing to an FCS school whose campus was literally underwater just last week is a step in the right direction or some sort of big positive. I hope that when we play Colorado next week that even if we get totally stomped, I see guys making clean tackles, clean blocks, running crisp routes, etc. If I see that start to happen I'll continue to give Withers the benefit of the doubt. I just didn't see that last night.

Jim bob gets it...Tpop usually gets it... (though extreme) VP98 sort of gets it. It's been a 12 year rebuild. Enough is enough if nothing has changed by the time we play UTSA at the Alamodome next season

Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:36 pm
True Bobcat Fan

tpopt wrote:
TheRevSWT wrote:
tpopt wrote:

*You're

Some things never change.

Like your grammar?

Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:32 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Bobbumman wrote:
It's been a 12 year rebuild. Enough is enough if nothing has changed by the time we play UTSA at the Alamodome next season

How has it been a 12 year rebuild if we have had 4 (I believe) head coaches in all that time? That's not a 12 year rebuild, that's trial and failure repeated. I'm not saying I wanted Wither's head on a stick... I want Teis's head. Just the year after year failures in marketing, concessions, public speaking, and coaching hires is evidence that he is the cancer in our school.

Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:38 pm
SuperCat

All you youngsters who have been following since 2002 make me feel old. I have been a Bobcat for almost 40 years. Apart from the D2 success with Wacker, there hasn't been much in that time to be excited about with football.

Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:21 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

add a$m to the list
they blew a 35 pt lead

Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:53 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next