Harvey 
Bobcat Wannabe

Post Harvey
Any chance this storm keeps HBU from getting to San Marcos for the game Saturday?? No mentions from anyone on twitter. May have to be rescheduled.

Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:36 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: Harvey
have to think it's possible, but rain should be gone by weds. still - they are in an area that has been hit pretty bad. looks like about 21" so far w/ double that through tues predicted. ouch.

uh moved their football team to austin and is practicing at ut. rice is coming back from australia after getting waxed by stanford yesterday - smu and baylor have both offered up housing for the team since the airports in houston are closed (mon/weds). looks like they are trying to move the lsu/byu game from nrg to baton rouge as well.

Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:23 pm
Bobcat Wannabe

Yep, HBU is in an area getting smashed and closed through at least Tuesday. I definitely think it's possible this game doesn't get played.

Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:36 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Wow!

Hurricane Harvey could cause us to go winless this season.

This could end up being the most devastating flood in Texas State history.

Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:42 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Does anyone know where HBU is practicing this week? I'm sure their campus (Sharpstown area) is flooded.

Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:42 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Update coming from HBU's website, doesn't look promising.

As weather conditions across the region continue to deteriorate, Houston Baptist University will be canceling classes and activities through Labor Day, September 4, 2017. Classes will resume on Tuesday, September 5, 2017. This decision is made in order to allow our faculty, students and staff, as well as their families, enough time to address any concerns at home before beginning the school year. We ask that you keep HBU and the greater Houston community in your thoughts and prayers. At this time, we are not planning to evacuate any residents on campus.

NCAA team members are directed to contact their coaching staff for further information about practices and games.

Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:55 am
True Bobcat Fan

I am sure they will cancel it. I hope they do so HBU players, coaches, and families can focus on the storm. We don't share open dates so I don't think it will be made up. They could play us 12/2 but that is after the FCS regular season is over.

Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:24 pm
Junior Bobcat

Yes, we are getting hammered with rain. Have been for 3 days. With more rain in the forecast. Lots of Roads impassable, bayous over their banks, homes flooded and more. Will just have to wait and see how fast water recedes.

Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:42 pm
SuperCat

Hbu ad said they should be able to play. .. per keff on twitter

Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:50 pm
Junior Bobcat

Gonna be ruff on the players. Thoughts may be on home, not on game.

Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:12 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Statement from HBU:

"Campus was not hit as hard as other areas in Houston, it took on a lot of water, but the break in the rain helped it recede quite a bit. All of our student-athletes on campus are safe in the dorms and apartments and I have not heard of any having problems off-campus. They are trying to return to practice tomorrow, as long as the coaches can get to campus, and plan traveling Friday to play Saturday".

I know it costs more, but I'd like to see them come up as soon as possible, that way they aren't having to deal with all that water down there. I had heard San Marcos had a little flooding, but nothing major.

Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:33 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

bobcatfanatic05 wrote:
Hbu ad said they should be able to play. .. per keff on twitter

https://twitter.com/Keff_C/status/902223206475370497

Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:37 pm
True Bobcat Fan

BobcatBuddy96 wrote:
Yes, we are getting hammered with rain. Have been for 3 days. With more rain in the forecast. Lots of Roads impassable, bayous over their banks, homes flooded and more. Will just have to wait and see how fast water recedes.

30 inches over here in Anahuac. The east edge of the storm just keeps coming. 5 to 8 inches more by daybreak tomorrow. This stuff makes me miss the drought conditions back in San Marcos. :-(

Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:24 pm
True Bobcat Fan

The Chronicle said the following today regarding HBU... "practiced twice over the weekend and if circumstances permit, will travel to Sam Marcos for Saturday's season opener against Texas State." It also said that most of the players live on campus so they were able to take care of them and feed them. The team is ok but some of them are worried about family members.

The weather is starting to get better here on the west side so I suspect they will be able to make it. Hopefully it will start moving quickly to give ChicagoGuy and the folks east of here a break.

Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:11 am
True Bobcat Fan

Harvey claims its first football victim: Houston/UTSA cancelled.

Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:07 pm