Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 TXST comes in as the least-happy fanbase in FBS say ESPN 
Junior Bobcat

Post Re: TXST comes in as the least-happy fanbase in FBS say ESPN
VP98 wrote:
If this were Texas the criticism would have started by the middle of last year. Its time to take off the training wheels at Texas State.

The more you say, the less I understand how you think. You can play the 'what if' game with every program, including Alabama. You must first learn how to use the training wheels before you take them off and with Withers we just got on the bike. Feel free to join us in this thing called reality.

Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:12 am
True Bobcat Fan

Haha really people care what ESPN thinks or puts out? I trust in Withers not ESPN and definitely not the snowflakes in our fanbase.

Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:48 pm
True Bobcat Fan

We have the worst AD in the country. Football team will be lucky to win 3 games, baseball is one of the most pathetic things I have seen the past 3-4 years, our basketball team ALMOST won something and everyone went ape shit. Our AD is embarrassing. I like tailgating with my friends though, so I keep showing.

Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:21 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Matt, this is how I think. I missed only two home football games when I was there 93-98. I immediately adopted and became loyal to the Bobcats pretty much screw everybody else. I have since tried to follow Bobcat Athletics as much as I can. I talk to other people like we are a real school and a real team. I don't want a team this bad. We are now having two of the five worst seasons I have ever had as a Bobcat and that is saying a lot. The entire time I've been here, I have never seen this many players leave our team. I feel we would have been much better off had we kept at least half of those players. All of the other coaches have worked with what they had and at least won three to four games. We are predicted by at least two bullshit polls this year to finish 128. We may not be that bad but will probably be close. There is no time for culture building here. No coach is going to be here long enough to really change the culture. That takes generations in Texas and no coach is staying here that long. Then the Williams matter that I hope they have worked out now. Either way, I don't like the unsuccessful Charlie Strong Withers hardass approach and decided to start trolling the board, and pissing of the old Bobcat snowflakes in the interest of shaking things up around here. We are again going to have a shitty season and I am really pissed off about it. We only make excuses. We are way to passive, too docile. No real passion around here. I'm rocking the boat from now on and that includes saying everything I ever wanted to say about every topic within reason. This is the place to do it. This is college football, one of the most irrational enterprises that I can think of. It's always nice to see that somebody really gives a shit. Peace out Bobcat Bros.

Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:46 pm
Junior Bobcat

VP98 wrote:
Matt, this is how I think. I missed only two ... Peace out Bobcat Bros.

Fair enough. Different schools of though looking for the same results. :cat:

Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:48 am
True Bobcat Fan

slycat wrote:
If Withers doesn't have results in 2019 then it is a massive failure

That's a given, if he doesn't have his ducks in a row by say Sep 22, 2018 when we play UTSA, I'd say it's a good indictation that he isn't ever going to have his Xs and Os. Plenty of time to recruit and almost 3 full years to chase off whatever talented Fran recruits still exist that he doesn't think fit his bill. To be fair, everyone is saying 2018 is the year to start holding Withers 100% accountable, but as our class is almost complete does anyone see anyone in our 2018 class so far that can be the game changer with his lucky stars? I don't.

There were 2 recruiting classes that I guess you could say were completely his at James Madison. Can we say that Withers is recruiting at the same respective level in G5 that as he was in FCS? He was probably a top 10 FCS recruiter, is he a top 10 G5 recruiter? I guess we'll start to find out this season once we see his recruits unveiled on the field

Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:33 am
True Bobcat Fan

ESPN????????

Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:39 am
True Bobcat Fan

Bobbumman wrote:
To be fair, everyone is saying 2018 is the year to start holding Withers 100% accountable

Withers should have been held 100% accountable from the start. Part of that accountability is graduating student athletes. He got a free pass because of his bullshit get rid of everyone policy. What he did was chicken shit. As an educator your job is to teach young people through success and failure. Teach young people how to learn from poor decisions and become a better person from making a poor decision.

I think Withers can win and may be a good football coach, I'm rooting for him. If does achieve success at Texas State, I will still think it was a shitty process to success.

Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:36 pm
True Bobcat Fan

he's not an educator, he's a football coach. txst only graduates about 56% of freshman enrollees, so losing some guys who were only here because of football doesn't bother me one bit.
those kids are all free to pursue their degrees elsewhere - or hell, at txst if they want.

it's not any professor's job to keep your dumb ass in college either - it's yours.

Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:43 pm
SuperCat

Saul Goodman wrote:
he's not an educator, he's a football coach. txst only graduates about 56% of freshman enrollees, so losing some guys who were only here because of football doesn't bother me one bit.
those kids are all free to pursue their degrees elsewhere - or hell, at txst if they want.

it's not any professor's job to keep your dumb ass in college either - it's yours.

Bingo. His job is to stay compliant with the NCAA and win games. He put a plan in place that will get us to winning games soon. If not, he will be gone. The bashing is so pointless. Even if he was terrible and we knew for sure he was going to suck, he would still get 3-4 more years because we are poor.

Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:08 am
True Bobcat Fan

If he had just played with what he had and not gone the nuclear option we might be winning 5-6 games a season. Big deal. .500 isn't my goal. I like the ambition to really try and get to winning conference instead of eeking into a bowl game.

Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:45 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I question the process that was used to determine these "metrics". It's hard to imagine a fan base that would be more upset or least-happy than those at Buffalo, New Mexico State, ULM, UMass, Ball St, and others. Those schools not only have a history of consistent losses, they have been (except for UMass) been in FBS for a long time and haven't had any sustained success. TXST has the chance to be great in FBS but the next 10 years will determine our ultimate fate I think.

Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:34 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

slycat wrote:
If he had just played with what he had and not gone the nuclear option we might be winning 5-6 games a season. Big deal. .500 isn't my goal. I like the ambition to really try and get to winning conference instead of eeking into a bowl game.

I don't think we'd be at the 5-6 win mark. Let's be real (not trying to be mean), we didn't have a WHOLE lot of talent beforehand.

I hate that we lost a couple of the linemen, because I do think they were pretty solid, but overall... I wasn't terribly upset about some of those losses.

The exception to that was Gunter... But I had really high hopes for him and he didn't produce under Fran either... So, that one is kinda irrational.

Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:17 pm
True Bobcat Fan

So... wouldn't you have to have fans in the stadium to have a fan base??? Our students don't go to the games. Our alumni just aren't going regularly and I'll be the first to call myself out on that.

I don't necessarily disagree that we aren't a happy fan base but considering our poor rankings last season... did any of us expect to be higher up?

In the end, we need to start winning before others will come. It is just that simple.

I have no idea when that will happen either.

Could we win more games this year? I would think many of us hope so with a backup SEC QB starting over a true freshmen with potential.

Do I think the offense will be improved? I hope so but gotta see it first.

Defense be improved? I think so with more experienced players in front 7 coming back. All begins on getting pressure on QB.

Long story short, we are on this ride for next 2-3 seasons at minimum. I think his philosophy that he's learned from Urban Meyer speaks for it self and we can only hope he can bring it here and it works.

Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:26 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Bobkat34 wrote:
Our students don't go to the games.

not true. the students were doing MUCH better than the alumni up until last year.

Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:13 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next