TXST comes in as the least-happy fanbase in FBS say ESPN 
Junior Bobcat

Post TXST comes in as the least-happy fanbase in FBS say ESPN
This does not surprise me.

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/ ... -base-2017

Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:17 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: TXST comes in as the least-happy fanbase in FBS say ESPN
I like the recruiting trend rating we have.

Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:48 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Haha. Even the fanbase enduring a drop from FBS to FCS is ahead of us....

They probably just took one look at this site and said "yeah put them last".

Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:26 pm
True Bobcat Fan

man, lots of texas teams at the ass end of that list....

128 txst
125 rice
123 unt
114 smu
113 tech
101 utep
91 tamu

3 of the bottom 6, and 6 in triple digits with the aggies close behind (ahead?).

Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:27 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Withers lifts us up where we belong.
Where the Eagles and Owls fly over the mountain side.
He lifts us up where we belong. Where the Red Raiders roam, where the Miners blow.

That’s now two polls (probably many others to come) where we are dead last. Since he’ll be here three years max recruiting doesn’t matter as much especially if the next fool comes in and doesn’t effectively manage the hand that he was dealt like this guy did. As for changing a culture it takes generations to change a culture. All the old people in TX I know still call us Southwest and “refuse to call us Texas State.” They still think the Southwest Conference is the best conference (hasn’t been since the 1950’s). But they do know the long tradition of our sorry football program. I think I’ll come down buy a bar and name it the 128 Club. Maybe the guy at the Vodka Bar (he used to own Green Parrot) will sell his bar to me. If drinking don’t kill me, this Dumpster Fire will.

Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:32 pm
SuperCat

If they did indeed take a look at this site and decide to place us last then we have people like vp98 and his son phratbrat to thank. Two of the most negative people I've ever come across. Congradulations! :mrgreen:

Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:23 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Hey dude, I've just had to put up with this shit way too long. The entire time up until Withers people on this list have Dumpstered coaches with better records like Fran, Debesse, and Wright who ALL were all way better than who they are backsiding at this point. The only way to solve a problem is to admit there is a problem. If we were a real college football program people would have gone bezerk a long time ago. Just look at the activity on the Sun Belt sites to see what I'm talking about. I am probably the only person in the entire DFW who goes to bat for our school and our program to everyday people I know. Please give me something to work with. I am actually flattered when anybody talks shit about or otherwise acknowledges us as a legitimate program. That is all I'm trying to do here. Now go back over there and sit on the darkside, and by all means do not stand up and cheer. Those snowflakes over there will tell you to sit down.

Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:08 pm
SuperCat

That may or may not be true but it does not come across that way. Withers has had one season so far to change things. If you are not going to give anyone a chance then things will never change.

Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:23 pm
SuperCat

The constant shitting on withers when he clearly went full rebuild mode makes me think we have the lowest IQ fan base regardless of how happy they are. Christ.

Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:26 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Except Withers hasn't back slid. Heck he was given a crap roster after everyone had graduated. Fran was on his 5th year, coming off a 7-5 season, and returned a senior heavy team. He still manged to win only 3 games. As bad as this program has been the team has never given up like that. If Withers doesn't have results in 2019 then it is a massive failure. There are 12 seniors and a million freshmen.

Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:37 pm
SuperCat

slycat wrote:
Except Withers hasn't back slid. Heck he was given a crap roster after everyone had graduated. Fran was on his 5th year, coming off a 7-5 season, and returned a senior heavy team. He still manged to win only 3 games. As bad as this program has been the team has never given up like that. If Withers doesn't have results in 2019 then it is a massive failure. There are 12 seniors and a million freshmen.

Many of us have repeated the same thing on almost every active thread. If people are still too dense to get it, they are a mouth breather not worth your time.

Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:40 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Well... when you see we have close to 40K attending TXST and less than 10K attending football games in TEXAS... its not hard to put us behind most of those other Texas schools.

When I hear the arguments on this page, its nothing new for a guy that grew up on boards watching a P5 school play. There are times where someone complains about something and it doesn't really help resolve anything. Nothing new.

We wear the maroon and gold colored glasses just like UT fans wear the burnt orange and white glasses. Every school wears them.

I've heard dreams of someday being a P5 or be in a big bowl game. Those are not even in my field of wishes for this team. I'll take a winning program in G5 going to bowl games every few years or every other year.

Where are we now: Starting again after Fran's tenure. Its that simple.

Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:12 pm
True Bobcat Fan

If this were Texas the criticism would have started by the middle of last year. Its time to take off the training wheels at Texas State.

Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:33 pm
SuperCat

By firing coaches after a year? I'm sure the bad ass coaches would be lined up to take over a historically bad program with a one year leash.

Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:39 pm
True Bobcat Fan

VP98 wrote:
Maybe the guy at the Vodka Bar (he used to own Green Parrot) will sell his bar to me.

he owns both.
VP98 wrote:
If drinking don’t kill me, this Dumpster Fire will.

Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:03 am