TXST comes in as the least-happy fanbase in FBS say ESPN 
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: TXST comes in as the least-happy fanbase in FBS say ESPN
I don't know what's worse, the game or ESPN3

Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:01 pm
True Bobcat Fan

See what I'm saying Sumlin loses one game to an acknowledged program and coach on the road and their people go bezerk and their already restless fan base calls for his head after one loss. This is what happens at real programs. I know I've been chastised here before for even mentioning our program in the same sentence as the Aggies. Did I mention that we won and UT, Ass & M, lost and then Baylor lost to Jerry Fallwells' team. Also, Easy is Sunbelt Defensive player of the week. Great week!

Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:59 am
SuperCat

What do you want us to do? Be more mad about the state of our program? That's not going to solve anything. Let's say you are the AD. What specifically would you do? Don't give me hire nick saban fantasy land stuff. What would you actually do?

Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:15 am
True Bobcat Fan

VP98 wrote:
See what I'm saying Sumlin loses one game to an acknowledged program and coach on the road and their people go bezerk and their already restless fan base calls for his head after one loss. This is what happens at real programs. I know I've been chastised here before for even mentioning our program in the same sentence as the Aggies. Did I mention that we won and UT, Ass & M, lost and then Baylor lost to Jerry Fallwells' team. Also, Easy is Sunbelt Defensive player of the week. Great week!

I mean Sumlims been there a while and on the hot seat for a while.

Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:25 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

slycat wrote:
VP98 wrote:

I mean Sumlims been there a while and on the hot seat for a while.

Yes, but he always finishes with 8 wins, has a Heisman trophy winner and multiple bowl games to show for it. You do that in San Marcos and I am pretty sure that we are naming the stadium after you.

Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:40 pm
True Bobcat Fan

LT Spider wrote:
What do you want us to do? Be more mad about the state of our program? That's not going to solve anything. Let's say you are the AD. What specifically would you do? Don't give me hire nick saban fantasy land stuff. What would you actually do?

I guess I interpret our complacency with not giving a you know what about the program. That does not include most people on this board, but it does include most Bobcats past present and probably future. Mike Alden was my idol. I would have said to our coach, "you better win more than three games a year or you are fired." I might even do it in the middle of the season like Alden did Heldusier. He then kissed ass and put together a search committee that included Claude Mathis and others who had a stake in the program. That yielded Bob Debesse. They were trying to find somebody long term. The athletics program was a lot like today, most other sports were doing well (some very well) except the football team that is constantly bringing down our school. Another topic but I don't believe in getting rid of the football program at this point. There were people talking seriously about that in the 1990's. That would have been the time to do it, but this is Texas and at all levels people equate your school with the perceived strength of your football program. At least we're not # 128 at this point, that will be UNLV or maybe Baylor. Unfortunately it takes a few weeks for the Sagarin rankings to come out. So right now if I was athletics director, he would be okay as long as he wins more than three games and bullshits me into believing there is some improvement and convinces me that he wants to stay here long-term (5 years +, hasn't done that). I would be more worried about holding onto my coaches in the other sports.

Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:22 pm
True Bobcat Fan

sumlin has been sucking hind tit for 4 years and is at the top of every hot seat list out there. it's not his 13th game in college station, and he didn't take over an abortion of a program.

your lack of perspective is somewhat appalling. i can't imagine what your everyday life is like. a stubbed toe might put you on suicide watch. kid misses the schoolbus and gets shipped off to grandpa's farm for a year of hard labor. dog chews your shoes and it's korean stew for the next week.

Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:21 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Saul Goodman wrote:
sumlin has been sucking hind tit for 4 years and is at the top of every hot seat list out there. it's not his 13th game in college station, and he didn't take over an abortion of a program.

your lack of perspective is somewhat appalling. i can't imagine what your everyday life is like. a stubbed toe might put you on suicide watch. kid misses the schoolbus and gets shipped off to grandpa's farm for a year of hard labor. dog chews your shoes and it's korean stew for the next week.

And just what the hell is wrong with Korean Stew?

Why the hell is it that every time someone feels the need to make a point on a sports message board, they gotta start ragging right away on Korean. Stew . . . .?

Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:43 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Korean Stew, my dad was stationed in Korea and had plenty of Korean stew, rats and rodents for all of us. He met my Mom later when he was at Hood, which is how I got here.

Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:47 pm
True Bobcat Fan

VP98 wrote:
Korean Stew, my dad was stationed in Korea and had plenty of Korean stew, rats and rodents for all of us. He met my Mom later when he was at Hood, which is how I got here.

Well, one Army Brat to another, pleased to meet you . . . Got my Associate's Degree at Central TX College . .it was a 2 year institution in those days . . I hear it's 4 now . . .

Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:31 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Bobcat87 wrote:
Well, one Army Brat to another, pleased to meet you . . . Got my Associate's Degree at Central TX College . .it was a 2 year institution in those days . . I hear it's 4 now . . .

Yea, he and my mom got married when he was in the service and then he got out around the time I was born. My mom is from Georgetown. We ended up in Dallas. My dad is from Oklahoma so I grew up watching OU kick the crap out of UT Ass & M most of my life.

Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:11 am
Bobcat Wannabe

VP98 wrote:
Matt, this is how I think. I missed only two home football games when I was there 93-98. I immediately adopted and became loyal to the Bobcats pretty much screw everybody else. I have since tried to follow Bobcat Athletics as much as I can. I talk to other people like we are a real school and a real team. I don't want a team this bad. We are now having two of the five worst seasons I have ever had as a Bobcat and that is saying a lot. The entire time I've been here, I have never seen this many players leave our team. I feel we would have been much better off had we kept at least half of those players. All of the other coaches have worked with what they had and at least won three to four games. We are predicted by at least two bullshit polls this year to finish 128. We may not be that bad but will probably be close. There is no time for culture building here. No coach is going to be here long enough to really change the culture. That takes generations in Texas and no coach is staying here that long. Then the Williams matter that I hope they have worked out now. Either way, I don't like the unsuccessful Charlie Strong Withers hardass approach and decided to start trolling the board, and pissing of the old Bobcat snowflakes in the interest of shaking things up around here. We are again going to have a shitty season and I am really pissed off about it. We only make excuses. We are way to passive, too docile. No real passion around here. I'm rocking the boat from now on and that includes saying everything I ever wanted to say about every topic within reason. This is the place to do it. This is college football, one of the most irrational enterprises that I can think of. It's always nice to see that somebody really gives a shit. Peace out Bobcat Bros.

Let's be honest here, the administration and in particular Larry Teis, completely fucked over Texas State when they decided to give Bobby Jack Wright a shitty contract and instead pleasing Franchione. Wright had a successful track record of recruiting and played for many years with an extremely competitive program. If I were y'all, I would stop donating or spending any money on the program.

Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:32 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Soonerman512 wrote:
If I were y'all,

Luckily, you are not.

Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:42 pm