Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Practice Reports 
Bobcat Wannabe

Post Re: Pratice Reports
slycat wrote:
ScubaSteve411 wrote:
slycat wrote:
I heard Williams got his stuff straightened out and will be back this week.

How sure are you? This is great news, if so...

I am fairly confident based on where I heard it from and they were right on it being a school issue in the first place. I had heard that before it was on Twitter. But I will not say it is official until it happens.

His Twitter bio still says Texas State QB, so I hope that's a good sign. 8)

https://twitter.com/damiandevon?lang=en

Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:08 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Position update:

Keff Ciardello‏ @Keff_C 33m33 minutes ago

Everett Withers said after practice this morning that #TXST CB Kordell Rodgers has moved to safety.
2 replies 0 retweets 3 likes

Injury Update:

Keff Ciardello‏ @Keff_C 29m29 minutes ago
Replying to @Keff_C
OLB Easy Anyama, TE Elijah Rogers (ankle) and WR Eric Luna (hamstring) held out of practice. None are serious injuries.
0 replies 0 retweets 2 likes

Keff Ciardello‏ @Keff_C 31m31 minutes ago
Replying to @Keff_C

Also said that true freshman DL Nick Wilkins is out for the season after tearing his ACL at scrimmage last Sunday.
1 reply 0 retweets 0 likes

UGH :x

Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:18 pm
Junior Bobcat

CatMom wrote:
Also said that true freshman DL Nick Wilkins is out for the season after tearing his ACL at scrimmage last Sunday.
1 reply 0 retweets 0 likes
UGH :x

Anyone have perspective on his potential impact for the season was going to be? Was he in line to take on a lot of PT? Or just a rotational young guy that we hoped to make a play here and there?

Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:51 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Per Brant Freeman's Twitter

Damian Williams is in uniform and at practice today.

https://twitter.com/Brant_Freeman/statu ... 1292433408

Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:36 am
True Bobcat Fan

Brant also tweeted that he isn't in pads but has jersey on and helmet in hand. Observing and familiarizing.

Glad he is back. Huge relief.

Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:49 am
SuperCat

Really hope he is back and can get up to speed by game 1. Two weeks to go. :texasstate: :texasstate:

Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:01 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Throwing passes. I would say he is back. It will be interesting to see if they start him against HBU or ease him in.

Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:07 pm
SuperCat

Saul Goodman wrote:
some of y'all need to chill the hell out. wait til the sky actually falls before you start running around w/ your head cut off. feel free to borrow some weed from your kid.

damian williams is the only loss today, and we don't even know how long that will be for. my guess is not very.

I don't often agree with Saul, but I believe he is right on the money. How many times last year did folks on this forum post that we had a dumpster fire and it would take Withers at least three years to turn this around. Some of those same people now want to run him out. If you guys wonder why we never seem to get anywhere, look in the mirror. How many of you talk up the team? Some of you are major contributors and I get that you want to see results, but publically denouncing the coach and the team of student athletes does not do much to instill confidence nor loyalty. Guys, we haven't even played game one yet. Let's take a step back, take deep breaths and give this team their due respect. This conversation is better had after the season.

Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:47 pm
SuperCat

Manchacan wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:
some of y'all need to chill the hell out. wait til the sky actually falls before you start running around w/ your head cut off. feel free to borrow some weed from your kid.

damian williams is the only loss today, and we don't even know how long that will be for. my guess is not very.

I don't often agree with Saul, but I believe he is right on the money. How many times last year did folks on this forum post that we had a dumpster fire and it would take Withers at least three years to turn this around. Some of those same people now want to run him out. If you guys wonder why we never seem to get anywhere, look in the mirror. How many of you talk up the team? Some of you are major contributors and I get that you want to see results, but publically denouncing the coach and the team of student athletes does not do much to instill confidence nor loyalty. Guys, we haven't even played game one yet. Let's take a step back, take deep breaths and give this team their due respect. This conversation is better had after the season.

Agree. You won't hear a negative word about Withers from me until at least year 3. Yes, I will keep my mouth shut even if we win 2 games this year. I pretty much ignore the vocal complainers because they don't fully comprehend what Withers was up against. He inherited a 3 win team that lost tons of starters, then had a lot of attrition, then had injuries on top of that. Decided it was best to go with young guys and use the season as a bunch of glorified scrimmages. And we are going to say we have seen enough evidence to want him out?

Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:56 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Re: Practice Reports
Personally, I am simply hoping and expecting to visibly see greater effort this season over last. While I doubt we win even a handful of games and get blown out in a few others how competitive we can be on the field with 31 Frosh on the roster will speak volumes to our programs success moving forward.

Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:32 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Manchacan wrote:
I don't often agree with Saul, but I believe he is right on the money.

Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:43 pm
True Bobcat Fan

pretty sure this is a free article: https://texasstate.rivals.com/news/dami ... -scrimmage

Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:52 pm
True Bobcat Fan

TL;DR version:
Damian Williams is back and active. Didn't participate much in today's scrimmage.
With Williams back, Jaylin Nelson has moved to RB.
Freshman Nic Foster at LT with Mizerak at RT.
Looked better today than last weekend's scrimmage.

Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:04 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Keff Ciardello‏ @Keff_C 44m44 minutes ago

Keff Ciardello Retweeted Marcus Ripley

Looks like #TXST sophomore K/P Marcus Ripley just got put on scholarship.

Keff Ciardello added,
Marcus Ripley @marcus_ripley7
Thanks brotha! Ball all fall baby!! #KickSquad https://twitter.com/therealsherm23/stat ... 8993963008
0 replies 0 retweets 6 likes

Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:17 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

x wrote:
TL;DR version:
Damian Williams is back and active. Didn't participate much in today's scrimmage.
With Williams back, Jaylin Nelson has moved to RB.
Freshman Nic Foster at LT with Mizerak at RT.
Looked better today than last weekend's scrimmage.

That always concerns me... True frosh at LT (assuming we have a right handed QB)...

Just like having experience on the backside for protection.

But, given I am not expecting a WHOLE lot this season, that would give this kid experience for next season.

Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:09 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next