Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 Practice Reports 
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: Pratice Reports
Phratcatbocoloco wrote:
Bobkat34 wrote:
Like Tyler Jones that had 2 bowl seasons (6-6 and 7-5) under Fran. If we would have waited another year allowing Tyler Arndt his senior year, we would have possibly not had 2 bowl eligible seasons.

If you are going to hold players accountable, these are the things that happen. Many other schools don't do that. Louisville just dropped a starting DT from the team for "violating team rules".

I had calculated we had about 74-75 ships with Pesa, Mayes, TV Williams, Mayberry, Williams and Gjemar Daniels (if true he's not yet eligible). With these guys gone, we are closer to 68 that we had last season. Not great but we likely have more players that will play compared to last season (more freshmen and redshirt freshmen)

first off while you might think TJ was responsible for helping us get to 6-6 and 7-5 he was just as arguably responsible in 2014 for blowing the game against Illinois via pick 6 as well as USA and then the shortcomings with his pick 6 on the goaline when we were getting ready to score what would have ultimately won against georgia southern
do you guys realy not think a 10 win 2014 season wouldn't have been a huge game changer for recruiting today?

2nd of all let's not compare Louisville to Wither our team away ball
fun fact about Louisville...they can afford to get rid of all of their good players and still have good players left... we can't
they can afford to dispose of a lot of players and still not have the 20 scholarship defecit that we have and feels like it's going to plague us until 2030 at this point because every time we inch back to 85 Withers insists on going back to 65

Withers is the only coach I know that thinks he can go and compete FBS ball with an FCS scholarship squad

Here is an updated look after yesterday at the players we've lost by one way or another that would have still had elgibilty left this season and at least have been apart of our depth chart (argue what you want about which players were good and not good but one thing they would have created as depth):

Guidry III
McDowell
PJ Anderson
Mercer
Connor White
Mayberry
Will Trevillon
Karee Berry
Langi
Dhailon Phillips
Mackey
Hoskins
Copa
Schoenborn
Gunter
Bo Anderson
LG williams
Cody Casey
Uluocha
Beck
Kerry Walker Jr
Willie Williams
Gamble
Bowens
Tyler Tutt (likely out for an entire 2 seasons)
Printz
Worrell
TV Williams
Anthony Mayes
Kanu
Devin Williams
Javier Edwards
Readus
Boyd

who else?

Wait a sec?

Are you blaming Withers for not having players on the roster now who who died the day before he got here? (Trevillion)

Are you blaming him for guys that Fran recruited and never qualifed (Edwards) OR guys that Fran recruited that got arrested their first day in San Marcos (Readus) OR guys who had career ending injuries (Copa, LG Williams, Casey)?

What exactly is your point?

Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:54 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

bleed gold wrote:
Ummm... two wins is still a dismal failure by any measure. So is three wins or four wins, for that matter. I could call five wins "progress," though even that pains me.

I think you need to steel yourself for disappointment. I'm not seeing 5 wins this season.

I think you're looking at 3-4 wins at best. I don't think 1 win will happen, and 2 wins is "expected".

I do think next season is when you'll see a big jump to 7-8 wins though. Not just because of our team, either. I see App graduating a large portion of their starting roster (I think you are seeing Withers take a similar approach, but with a much worse starting floor), Georgia Southern is probably going to fall further into disarray, and I'm not 100% on this, but I think Hudspeth is going to struggle this and next year.

That will be the "perfect storm" for us, as our team will have more experience, and some of the top dogs will fall down to earth some, making for an easier schedule.

Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:27 am
True Bobcat Fan

Even though the news wasn't good yesterday, practice videos still get me hyped. According to Twitter, night practice tomorrow.

Practice Day 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqJdZ3I ... e=youtu.be

Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:37 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Larry Teis wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:
Bobcat.taxman wrote:
Coaches need to stop being outcoached after the first quarter of games (three or more times we jumped out to a good lead last year and then got blown out after other teams adjusted).

gast, ulm & ???

Not a good lead, but we had signs of life when Idaho came to town

As for Taxman saying we got out-coached, that's laughable. We lacked the personnel to do anything.

We had Arkansas State down 14-13 in the 3rd quarter and sat on our starting QB when the backup was injured.......we went with another backup. That is being outcoached.

You have the lead an instead of going for the win, you let them retake the lead 16-14.

You don't take leads in games by not having the personnel to do anything. You lose that lead when opponents key in on what you're doing and you do nothing to adjust. Everyone recalls that was Frans own achilles heel most of his tenure here also.

Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:35 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

This is totally OT but, anyway

Can someone remind me who we had that was so good at TE that Schrade was relegated to STs in 2014/15? The brain ain't what it used to be (and that was even questionable).

Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:35 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Miller?

Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:38 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

mahidibal wrote:
Even though the news wasn't good yesterday, practice videos still get me hyped. According to Twitter, night practice tomorrow.

Practice Day 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqJdZ3I ... e=youtu.be

In general, I have REALLY liked all the hype videos they put out.

But this one I didn't like (purely personal opinion)... That effect they used made me want to smack the guy that used it.

Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:17 pm
SuperCat

I haven't seen any news about practice #2.. anybody have any practice updates ?

Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:26 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Keff Ciardello‏ @Keff_C 2m2 minutes ago

Keff Ciardello Retweeted Zach Hamilton

Damian took the GRE on Mon. Takes 10-15 days to find out the grade. He'll return if passed. TV can return with good grades this semester.

Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:53 am
True Bobcat Fan

CatMom wrote:
Keff Ciardello‏ @Keff_C 2m2 minutes ago

Keff Ciardello Retweeted Zach Hamilton

Damian took the GRE on Mon. Takes 10-15 days to find out the grade. He'll return if passed. TV can return with good grades this semester.

OK, that makes sense. Surely Withers isn't stupid enough to run off the only experienced QB he has. I hope he passes the GRE but why didn't he take this sooner?

Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:06 am
True Bobcat Fan

my guess is that he has taken it previously, he just didn't pass it. last chance.

Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:55 am
True Bobcat Fan

Wow. That is the reason he's not available? So from January to end of July, he took it and didn't pass? C'mon Miss State! Ha!

Hopefully they can get his test score back this week. I'd be shocked it takes full 15 days.

Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:39 am
True Bobcat Fan

Begs the question, why does he need to be suspended?

Was he "technically" eligible before but really because vamp hadn't started yet?

Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:46 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

How was he able to take part in Spring practice/activities? Was he enrolled as an undergrad student?

Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:54 am
SuperCat

You can get admitted to a graduate program, but if you don't meet the requirements of that program, you will have to take the prerequisites before you can be considered that major.

Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:01 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next