Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Colorado 
Bobcat Wannabe

Post Re: Colorado
Another Buffs fan here, wishing everyone safe travels up here to Boulder. The results of the CSU game was the opposite of what most of us expected. The Buffs Offense is absolutely loaded, experienced, and potentially explosive. We expected to hang at least 40-50 on CSU. We were up 17-0 and then just went ultra conservative, and our Soph QB took his eye off the road and was sloppy. There are potentially 2-3 NFL Wide Receivers and a good NFL Caliber Running Back on the team.

Our Defense is completely rebuilt with 8 new starters and 3 new coaches, so that performance was amazing. We expected to give up at least 21-28 points. Essentially, it is young kids playing college football, who knows what is going to happen?

Wanted to get some thoughts from you all on what Uniforms you might wear if we go flip flop on our uniforms for the game. Our Athletic Department is saying that we will wear White Helmets, Silver Jerseys, and White Pants (I know, I know, these are not normal Home uniforms!). So, what are you guys likely to wear? Does anyone have contacts in your athletic department?

Good Luck

Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:53 pm
Junior Bobcat

I've heard it will be maroon helmet, white jersey, maroon pants.

Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:57 pm
Bobcat Wannabe

I hope that is not totally true and hope you pack the Maroon jerseys!!!

https://www.ralphiereport.com/platform/ ... exas-state

Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:03 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

tx.state wrote:
lancer wrote:
81Catillac wrote:
Any other options besides the Pac- 12 network to watch the game? Thanks

The Sling TV app has the Pac-12 Network with the $5 sports package added on to their $20 package. You can sign up for their free trial and then cancel (I have seen 14-day and 7-day trials depending on the streaming device).

FuboTV app also has the Pac-12 Network and also has a free 7 day trial for their ~$39 package.

Been using Sling TV for over a year now and highly recommend it for cord cutters. It's $20/mo + $5 for sports package (includes ESPN3). No subscriptions or commitments. Just pay $25 for the months you plan to watch a lot of sports.

Here's a offer if you sign up, they'll send you a Roku streaming device:
[url]www.sling.com/Roku-Stick/Offer‎[/url]

I opened my SlingTv account and was blown away to see that they are providing the PAC-12 network on a free trial until 9/17. Didn't even have to shell out the extra $$. I already confirmed the game was listed for Saturday's schedule. Great call :sign: :-||

Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:48 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:42 pm
SuperCat

Ugh that combo is ugly

Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:51 am
True Bobcat Fan

combo is ok, stripe sucks. hopefully that is just a pic from last year and the helmets are still stripe free like last week.

Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:03 am
Junior Bobcat

Looks like we'll get to see what could have been with Javier Edwards.
http://www.buffzone.com/football-cubuff ... fter-debut

Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:27 am
True Bobcat Fan

I lurked on their board yesterday. Edwards was easily the most talked about player on the thread I was reading.

Can we not find a way to get these guys eligible? Sure would have been nice to have Dede Westbrook and Javier Edwards...

Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:48 am
True Bobcat Fan

not our admissions issue - they were both ncaa min req casualties.

Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:18 am
True Bobcat Fan

Yeah I know. Just frustrating.

Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:38 am
True Bobcat Fan

Which brings up an even better point... how do guys like Edwards and Westbrook get denied out of highschool for not meeting NCAA min requirements and then meet the individual academic university requirements at the likes of CU and OU, which are very decent academically at the very least. It's highly unlikely either had brain transplants, so now with our QB struggles against HBU I'm curious where Devin Williams ends up in 2019. He didn't look great this weekend throwing for 50% so might have another chance at him

Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:30 pm
True Bobcat Fan

because ncaa minimum requirements are the same for all schools. athletes meet that requirement and they are in, w/ very few exceptions.
stanford, notre dame, duke, service academies, etc. or a school mandated min req, like texas and foreign language.

for an athlete, there's not much difference in admission between ut and utep, carolina and coastal, florida and fau. staying eligible after that is a different story.

http://www.ncaa.org/student-athletes/fu ... ligibility

Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:02 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Bobbumman wrote:
Which brings up an even better point... how do guys like Edwards and Westbrook get denied out of highschool for not meeting NCAA min requirements and then meet the individual academic university requirements at the likes of CU and OU, which are very decent academically at the very least. It's highly unlikely either had brain transplants, so now with our QB struggles against HBU I'm curious where Devin Williams ends up in 2019. He didn't look great this weekend throwing for 50% so might have another chance at him

When Edwards couldn't meet the requirements at TXST, he enrolled at Blinn. . . . Not sure if he stayed there a full year or not, but clearly he was there long enough to address his academic deficiencies . . .

Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:30 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Well... what do we expect in this game?

I have no clue. What I'd hope to see if better/more efficient passer in Williams. His footwork last week wasn't horrible but not great either. That INT was all him. I'm hoping the OL and running game can begin to improve and I'm not asking for 100 yard rushers as long as our RBs can gain 60-80 yards and QB can gain another 25+.

I'm more intrigued to see how the TEs can help more (rushing/passing) and defense will hold up. I think its a no brainer the D will be on the field more than the O similar to last year but do we have more depth to play longer without getting tired (meaning 2nd team can come in and give quality minutes).

That is all I can really hope for in a game we aren't expected to win and on top of that, we are so young and inexperienced.

Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:57 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next