Dead last 
SuperCat

Post Dead last
https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/6 ... composite/

Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:06 pm
Junior Bobcat

Post Re: Dead last
Wouldn't this be a reasonable time to replace our A.D.? Bring in some new blood & give a new
guy a chance with a clean slate? Fans have low expectations. What does the administration have to lose?

Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:44 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I'm not surprised us being ranked dead last. We did not show well on the field last season.

Honestly? Not expecting much this season (4-5 wins with an outside shot at 6... But I am really getting a good feeling about the new QB through no other reason than my maroon colored glasses).

It's 2019 that I expect us to be making a big step forward (which is going to be crazy as we'll be starting either another transfer QB, a redshirt frosh QB, or a true frosh QB).

But, that's kinda what I think is reasonable.

Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:04 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

rycat wrote:
Wouldn't this be a reasonable time to replace our A.D.? Bring in some new blood & give a new
guy a chance with a clean slate? Fans have low expectations. What does the administration have to lose?

Yes. Which is why we won't do it. It is the Bobcat way.

I respectfully disagree with time on the internet being "wasted." I would've never known that a monkey would fall over after smelling his own, stinky finger if it wasn't for the glory of the internet.

Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:56 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Teis will say that baseball had a record attendance this year and use that as a success. Too bad the attendance would be even higher if we would put a good team out. Football season tickets and donations have to be suffering. I can only hope that is is downfall. I stopped donating last year and cut season tickets this year.

Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:02 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:40 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I did not renew my champions club seats AND the AD never called to find out why. In previous years they were very attentive with calls and visits. This year...nothing. It's going to be a long time before I spend on champions club tickets again.

Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:39 am
True Bobcat Fan

On the bright side, November and Basketball Season are just around the corner . . .

Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:33 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Actually, most ADs are fired after their main sport ends season. So for us, it would be football and he was not so... not sure why we are asking for his head now.

Honestly, I could care less what Athlon's magazine says. I'm not saying they are wrong but I'm not holding my breath they are right either. Most statistics say we were one of the worst teams. That is fact so what did you expect to happen? Anyone think A&M would be competitive in SEC in their first few years? I didn't and I grew up an Aggie fan with my dad, uncles, cousins all going there.

All I am hoping for are these things:
-OL improves while still young (no seniors in this group)
-DL continues to take positive steps forward (they weren't the problem last year compared to OL deficiencies)
-Type of QB is found for this season (Williams hopefully) and for the future (freshmen get some reps and spring for the 2018 season)
-TEs/WRs improve their ability to block (especially TEs) and make plays
-DBs (CBs/S) improve in skills and defensive system. Hoping upperclassmen at S can help manage the secondary with young CBs

Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:52 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Our Bobcat teams finished second in the SLC commissioners cup this year. Several of our teams played in post season. All that anybody will see is that we are last in the nation in Football. If only we could get our football team turned around. This is like it was when I was there in the 90's. Sound familiar? Great band, great Strutters, great river, great Shiner. :sign:

Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:37 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

By the time the 2017 football season is over we may not even be ranked 205th out of 295 college programs - viewtopic.php?f=22&t=26851

Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:02 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

TXST wrote:
I did not renew my champions club seats AND the AD never called to find out why. In previous years they were very attentive with calls and visits. This year...nothing. It's going to be a long time before I spend on champions club tickets again.

I got the little promo packet this year. I saw that Bobcat Club donations actually went down by about $100K or so. I smiled.

Fuck Larry.

and spare me the speech about hurting student athletes.

I respectfully disagree with time on the internet being "wasted." I would've never known that a monkey would fall over after smelling his own, stinky finger if it wasn't for the glory of the internet.

Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:33 am
True Bobcat Fan

Seriously, what does Larry actually do? What are the metrics that he is graded on?

Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:15 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Fran's Last Twinky wrote:
Seriously, what does Larry actually do? What are the metrics that he is graded on?

FOIA his annual reviews.

Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:16 pm
True Bobcat Fan

TheRevSWT wrote:
Fran's Last Twinky wrote:

FOIA his annual reviews.

I am far too lazy.

Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:42 pm