Dead last 
Junior Bobcat

Post Re: Dead last
I would gladly take Larry wasting all of my money if the bobcat club seemed to have a coherent direction it was going. There have been some good initiatives over the last few years but they rarely translate into an aligned focus, especially on the website. I will continue to donate but at the minimum level to get parking passes until I see a change. I'm far from rich but I do have more money in the budget that I will send their way when the necessary changes are made.

I have a lot of examples if people want them, but a couple of quick ones that are simple to understand. Last year, the bobcat club website had a place where you accrued points based on your donations over the years. It might have included ticket and merchandise purchases as well. This year its gone (or well hidden) with no explanation. Do I really care? Not about some points. But, I do care about the overall booster experience.

Attracting young/new donors is important. They advertised that your first five years after graduation you donation counts as double. After getting my masters in 2014 I signed up. There is nothing about this promotion on the website so every year I have to email to have them count me as double, make sure I get parking passes, etc. For all the money they spent on the website interface, not a lot of thought went into functionality with the end user in mind. Especially key demographics that you are trying to attract for the future.

Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:58 pm
SuperCat

TheRevSWT wrote:
Fran's Last Twinky wrote:
Seriously, what does Larry actually do? What are the metrics that he is graded on?

FOIA his annual reviews.

How does one go through the FOIA process?

Edit: Never mind, I found out how.

Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:19 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Did anybody receive the email with the invitation to take the Texas State Athletics survey?

What a joke.

Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:44 pm
SuperCat

ChicagoGuy wrote:
Did anybody receive the email with the invitation to take the Texas State Athletics survey?

What a joke.

"Excluding the team’s performance, how would you rate the overall entertainment experience at Texas State sporting events this year?"

This is the 3rd question. I don't even know what to say about that.

Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:00 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

LT Spider wrote:
I would gladly take Larry wasting all of my money if the bobcat club seemed to have a coherent direction it was going. There have been some good initiatives over the last few years but they rarely translate into an aligned focus, especially on the website. I will continue to donate but at the minimum level to get parking passes until I see a change. I'm far from rich but I do have more money in the budget that I will send their way when the necessary changes are made.

They used to come take me to lunch to get me to donate more than I was.

For years, I told them I would gladly double my donation (possibly triple) if you could just show me what you are doing and what the AD is doing. They never had any answers. Hell, one of those years, the brochures had incorrect information on it that he was telling me about when trying ot tell me how it's a good use of my money.

They just decided to stop asking me for more... Apparently the change I wanted was more effort than it was worth.

Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:31 pm
True Bobcat Fan

ChicagoGuy wrote:

What a joke.

I was in a good mood yesterday until I received that survey. I was just about to pack up and leave work. I stayed for another 20 minutes...most of that time was spent on the 'any additional comments' section.

Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:13 am
True Bobcat Fan

Fran's Last Twinky wrote:
ChicagoGuy wrote:

What a joke.

I was in a good mood yesterday until I received that survey. I was just about to pack up and leave work. I stayed for another 20 minutes...most of that time was spent on the 'any additional comments' section.

In every question where there was an option for "Other", I typed "Texas State should fire Larry Teis". I used "TexasStateshouldfireLarryTeis@FireLarryTeis.com" as my email address.

Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:07 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Larry Teis wrote:
ChicagoGuy wrote:

What a joke.

"Excluding the team’s performance, how would you rate the overall entertainment experience at Texas State sporting events this year?"

This is the 3rd question. I don't even know what to say about that.

Hahahahaha

I hate how for years they would say how department is doing great because BC was getting an increase in donations each year. Yet they would show how TXST stacked up against the rest of the SBC and Texas G5 programs and show we are WAY behind. That is what Larry should be graded on.

Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:22 am
True Bobcat Fan

the long awaited (dreaded) 2017 schedule FPI (football power index) is now available

http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/fpi?id=326&year=2017

we play 7 teams with an FPI of right at or over 100 and yet still 6/7 games are unfavorable toss-ups (at best) for us:

Sat, Sept 2
vs Houston Baptist
95.4%
Sat, Sept 23
vs UT San Antonio
23.3% -9.5 (96)
Sat, Oct 7
vs Louisiana Monroe
37.8% -14.9 (123)
Sat, Oct 28
@ Coastal Carolina
22.7% -14.0 (118)
Sat, Nov 4
vs New Mexico State
34.1% -13.7 (116)
Sat, Nov 11
vs Georgia State
38.1% -14.5 (121)

**i guess the silver lining is 4 of the teams that we have the best chance against are all at home, not that the home crowd has particularly helped us in the past. i'm being #Taxman generous and lumping CCU (10-2) on the road and 6 win UTSA @home (with only 2 score loss to TAMU and 1 score loss to ASU--as it turned out later on in season maybe the Devils weren't very good and USM blowout may have been a fluke, but still) into the unfavorable tosss up group

assuming nothing tramatic happens in the next 7 weeks like last 2-3 seasons what is our total scholarship count on the roster headed into HBU? we're still more than 10 off the 85 mark, right? and could be until 2019 season or later when we finally catch up?

what other FBS teams are facing a similar situation of being short scholarships? UAB? or were they even able to replentish after taking 2 seasons off? any one else? i guess teams that have either had NCAA imposed sactions (Baylor,Ga Southern) or self imposed sanctions (ULL) are short a few scholarships but that is all that comes to mind..

-Bill O'Brien

Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:48 am