Dave Campbell's Live Radio on TXST 
True Bobcat Fan

Post Dave Campbell's Live Radio on TXST
Take a listen:
https://youtu.be/BOJborsSnKU

Take a listen and give me your thoughts. What you agree with and disagree with from comments on last season to their top 3 things they need to do.

I'd like to have a discussion about it.

First point: TXST could not pressure the QB last season. They must be able to get to QB with 3-4 players going after QB.
My opinion: Agreed
-Lost Easy Anyama, who was our best OLB last year during non-conference game (Arkansas)... that hurt big time. He was our best option to getting into backfield regularly.
-Our starting OLBs were between 210-235lbs and were all new to position (Graham from S to OLB, Hinson true freshmen, Fitzgerald new to OLB position, etc...)

Second point: Rushing was dreadful and OL is priority. Doesn't judge yards per carry as ultimate reason. He talked about line yardage as better criteria to judge and TXST was 2.5 line yards per carry; worst in Sun Belt. Also, noted power run (3rd & 2, 4th & 1) and only converted 53.5% of time.
My opinion: Agreed. I think we all new this.
-2 JC OL must come in make impact with Brewer and Mizerak likely starters.
-Need some OL to step up (Withers commented no starting guards from spring practices).

Third point: Let team go young.
My opinion: Agreed to a point. Go young as long as they are better than upperclassmen.
-I believe up to 18 of 23/24 signees will play. Not really an option due to depth needed for pair and spare.
-I'd expect of the 4 listed QBs that 2 will be backing starting QB (others may be redshirted or asked to play at another position to help team, major guess here); 2 of 3 WRs will likely play, 3-4 of 6 OL will play, JC TE will play, 3 of the 4 DL will play, 1 of the 2 likely OLBs will play, 1 ILB will play (no doubt in my mind he'll get minutes), 1 CB will play, both S will play. That right there is 15 playing and then you add possibly 1 QB playing somewhere else or playing RB or all 3 WRs or both OLBs play, etc... and then its closer to 18.

In the end, these are easy points to agree with but we need these incoming freshmen and the redshirted freshmen to make an impact somewhere be it practice squad, 3rd team, 2nd team, or starting.

Sun May 28, 2017 9:47 pm
SuperCat

Post Re: Dave Campbell's Live Radio on TXST
I agree with everything you and they said.

One thing that bothered me was how disinterested the guy on the right seemed. He just nodded and said "yea" every 10 seconds.

Mon May 29, 2017 8:29 am