Updates to 2017 Football Roster 
True Bobcat Fan

Post Updates to 2017 Football Roster
The staff has updated the roster with freshmen and there is one that is surprisingly listed (WR Dhailon Phillips). I'm not sure if this is a mistake or he will be a late addition if he makes eligibility requirements.

http://www.txstatebobcats.com/roster.aspx?path=football&

Hilariously an incorrect roster unless we were all psyched out on NLI day:
OT Levins on here (with Nevada)
"DT" Brian Parrish on here (even though he signed with UNT)
Brannon listed as IL (?)
Jakharious Smith listed as OL! (?)
Janson Moore still on roster (?)
Logan Peterson on here (signed with FAU)
Now I know why Dhailon Phillips in on here... someone obviously got the wrong info and doesn't follow TXST football at all!

Other likely real updates:
C Reece Jordan listed at 265ish
DL Gjemar Daniels 5'11/315, really like he's going to play DE???? Right...
DT Caeveon Patton 6'2/276 (I still think he plays big DE)
NT Sami Awad (I think if Awad, Daniels, and Lilly can hold down NT, we'll see Lanza/Patton more at DE next season... just a guess)
OT Anthony Mayes Jr. (something tells me that at 6'5/320, he'll be playing guard due to Withers comments recently about not having any starting guards after spring)
OT Caleb Carlile 6'5/305 (if York was right, he'll be competing for PT at guard this year)
QB Jaylin Nelson 5'9/195 (Yup, see for yourself... listed at QB... last tweet from Elliott tweeted "J, J, Ki, Willie J" so that clued me this may happen)
WR/DB Kordell Rogers 6'0/162 (most athletic in the 2017 class is what he is, I think he'll be used at WR personally... too much talent to be at DB... but at 6'0, may be hard not to want him on CB, either way expect him on kickoffs)

Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:52 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: Updates to 2017 Football Roster
Could it be Taxman running txstatebobcats? I haven't heard a lot from him lately, maybe he's working a lot of overtime over at Jackson Hewitt this time of year

This reminds me just how much it stung where the solid recruits that deommitted fell...8 of them that decommitted were either on the line or WR, where we currently struggle the most. Talk about terrible blows...now we can keep the talley rolling with Connor and York also at need positions so then I guess 10 guys now

-Bill O'Brien

Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:14 am
True Bobcat Fan

Bobbumman wrote:
Could it be Taxman running txstatebobcats? I haven't heard a lot from him lately, maybe he's working a lot of overtime over at Jackson Hewitt this time of year

This reminds me just how much it stung where the solid recruits that deommitted fell...8 of them that decommitted were either on the line or WR, where we currently struggle the most. Talk about terrible blows...now we can keep the talley rolling with Connor and York also at need positions so then I guess 10 guys now

This reminds me just how much it stung where the solid recruits that deommitted fell...8 of them that decommitted were either on the line or WR, where we currently struggle the most. Talk about terrible blows...now we can keep the talley rolling with Connor and York also at need positions so then I guess 10 guys now[/quote]

I know it sucks to have players de-commit but I wouldn't suggest worrying about players that decided to go elsewhere. They did it, not our staff. For 10 guys, I can name you 10 guys that never did anything here like 3* S Summers (quit), 3* DT Hopkins (left program after transferring from UH), 3* DE Kingsley (quit after transferring from Purdue), 2* QB Moore (quit), 2* WR Woodland (ineligible to play, quit to go pro, then rumor was trying to come back), and the list can go on. My point is players decide where they go and when we do get some with talent or star talent... some make it and others are busts.

Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:45 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

With respect to the new rosters, it's sad to see that the AD's office is still achieving "below expectations" which is worse than "no expectations".

Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:10 am
True Bobcat Fan

Canaquedista Man wrote:
With respect to the new rosters, it's sad to see that the AD's office is still achieving "below expectations" which is worse than "no expectations".

Larry has a new banner on his wall: "Our Limitations are Limitless"

Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:12 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Fran's Last Twinky wrote:
Canaquedista Man wrote:

Larry has a new banner on his wall: "Our Limitations are Limitless"

So, he finally replaced: "Why Try? It's Just Too Hard."

Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:58 pm
Junior Bobcat

I looked up Kingsley and he ended up quitting at Purdue.

Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:06 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Bobbumman wrote:

I'm working on two tv shows and a movie coming up, don't have much time to come on here and listen to negativity and misinformation all day.

Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:52 pm
True Bobcat Fan

judoace06 wrote:
I looked up Kingsley and he ended up quitting at Purdue.

Interesting because he transferred here supposedly to be closer to family person that was ill and did practice with team (supposedly) and then someone noted he "quit". Maybe he quit and just attended TXST but that is not what I remember as he sat out the transfer year I believe on the team.

Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:58 pm