Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Withers may have just gotten himself in trouble 
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: Withers may have just gotten himself in trouble
Saul,

That is the best answer to his responses. He's asked for comparisons and he's direct about it. Good point.

Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:44 pm
True Bobcat Fan

I don't think Withers keeps bringing up last year so that he has an opportunity to talk shit about last year's team and/or Fran's guys. He keeps getting asked about last year because we were the worst team in the nation.

Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:44 pm
True Bobcat Fan

well, he's definitely not shy about getting it out there. the comment about not having a competitor at the qb position since he's been here was definitely unsolicited, and the talk about not liking last year's guys, not wanting family around them, etc, was unnecessary. he can talk about this year's guys being good dudes w/o talking so bad about last year's guys. it doesn't help him in any way.

at the end of the day, it's the wins that matter. he's never going to be mr. congenial, but neither is saban, or stoops, or plenty of others. i don't need a national championship, just be good enough to get hired away and leave us in better shape than we were when you got here. if he shakes up the athletic dept (that's a comment most of us should love, but no one has mentioned), that's a bonus.

Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:26 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I agree with the info in your first paragraph. Like x posted, somethings are better left unsaid.
Second paragraph. I have given up on shaking up the AD office. Nothing will change until Ties goes. Don't see that happening while DT is Pres. :cry:

Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:45 am
True Bobcat Fan

Interesting but not critical take away from presser bashing video:

1) Withers uses OJ Simpson as a gage of comparison yet didn't want his family around last year's team.....???
2) Withers is apparently a DJ now so hopefully he can pick better tracks in the play call this fall

Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:17 am
True Bobcat Fan

Well... 24/7 now has an article on it:

http://texasstate.247sports.com/Bolt/Texas-State-coach-Everett-Withers-bashes-last-years-players-52356264

At least they try to objectively discuss it compared to the twitter Sports Night group.

I say lets move on and worry about upcoming season. I wouldn't doubt coaches on the road this week will have to answer some questions about it (if they are seeing it or whether they care about it). Other than that, I'm not sure a 17-18 year old will care because its not about them. Parents may care but we'll see.

Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:57 am
True Bobcat Fan

Saul Goodman wrote:
well, he's definitely not shy about getting it out there. the comment about not having a competitor at the qb position since he's been here was definitely unsolicited.

Who I assume is Tyler Jones's mom has been busy retweeting tweets referencing Withers's comments.

https://mobile.twitter.com/1234lifeisgrand

Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:59 am
True Bobcat Fan

yeah, she's a bit miffed.

Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:14 am
True Bobcat Fan

she's either trying to prove that her liberal arts philosophy degree was well earned or that she is able to recite from a websters dictionary that she knows how to lookup and define words...in either case maybe she just stick to keeping her talents behind that camera :shock: :lol: 8) :oops: :eatemup:

Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:17 am
True Bobcat Fan

Bobbumman wrote:
she's either trying to prove that her liberal arts philosophy degree was well earned or that she is able to recite from a websters dictionary that she knows how to lookup and define words...in either case maybe she just stick to keeping her talents behind that camera :shock: :lol: 8) :oops: :eatemup:

Her son was publicly insulted for no good reason during a press conference and then during a post game interview. I'd be upset too if it was my kid. I always thought Tyler played hard and tried his best with what he knew. It was painful to see Tyler's lack of progression after what looked like a promising freshmen year. I think he was victim of having an apathetic coach on an uninspired team. Maybe he could have worked harder...I don't know. Obviously his personality wasn't what Withers was looking for when he arrived on the scene.

I am still a Withers supporter but I think his indirect comments about Jones were totally inappropriate and unnecessary.

Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:06 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Fran's Last Twinky wrote:
Bobbumman wrote:

Her son was publicly insulted for no good reason during a press conference and then during a post game interview. I'd be upset too if it was my kid. I always thought Tyler played hard and tried his best with what he knew. It was painful to see Tyler's lack of progression after what looked like a promising freshmen year. I think he was victim of having an apathetic coach on an uninspired team. Maybe he could have worked harder...I don't know. Obviously his personality wasn't what Withers was looking for when he arrived on the scene.

I am still a Withers supporter but I think his indirect comments about Jones were totally inappropriate and unnecessary.

Agree 100%. If someone would have made the same comment about my kid that EW did, I'd be firing back as well.

Always supported EW blindly, but talking about players/past players negatively is not good. I want a coach that backs his team/players, like Mike Gundy had his player's back...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BhYPu966Rc

~flag~ ~flag~
~flag~ ~flag~

Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:57 pm
True Bobcat Fan

I am not a fan of him saying these types of things. What purpose does it serve? Just own the fact that they were on your team and move on. The only thing it does is make EW look like an idiot and push away former players. Just plain stupid. Move on EW stop talking about this stuff and move the hell on.

Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:16 am
True Bobcat Fan

Agree so lets hope this type of discussion will end here with Withers comments.

Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:36 am
True Bobcat Fan

http://247sports.com/Article/Everett-Withers-pushing-Texas-States-expectations-to-the-limit-52372889

Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:26 am
True Bobcat Fan

This is required reading for all of you.

Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:06 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next