Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Withers may have just gotten himself in trouble 
Author Message
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:48 am
Posts: 820
Reply with quote
Post Re: Withers may have just gotten himself in trouble
Saul,

That is the best answer to his responses. He's asked for comparisons and he's direct about it. Good point.


Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:44 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:46 pm
Posts: 613
Reply with quote
Post Re: Withers may have just gotten himself in trouble
I don't think Withers keeps bringing up last year so that he has an opportunity to talk shit about last year's team and/or Fran's guys. He keeps getting asked about last year because we were the worst team in the nation.


Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:44 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:40 am
Posts: 4842
Reply with quote
Post Re: Withers may have just gotten himself in trouble
well, he's definitely not shy about getting it out there. the comment about not having a competitor at the qb position since he's been here was definitely unsolicited, and the talk about not liking last year's guys, not wanting family around them, etc, was unnecessary. he can talk about this year's guys being good dudes w/o talking so bad about last year's guys. it doesn't help him in any way.

at the end of the day, it's the wins that matter. he's never going to be mr. congenial, but neither is saban, or stoops, or plenty of others. i don't need a national championship, just be good enough to get hired away and leave us in better shape than we were when you got here. if he shakes up the athletic dept (that's a comment most of us should love, but no one has mentioned), that's a bonus.

_________________
1 down
2 to go


Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:26 pm
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 6:34 pm
Posts: 2857
Location: The Lair
Reply with quote
Post Re: Withers may have just gotten himself in trouble
I agree with the info in your first paragraph. Like x posted, somethings are better left unsaid.
Second paragraph. I have given up on shaking up the AD office. Nothing will change until Ties goes. Don't see that happening while DT is Pres. :cry:

_________________
RALPH, THE SWIMMING PIG, LIVES IN MY HEART!
Bobcat Club member
Blind Salamander member


Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:45 am
Profile
True Bobcat Fan
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:42 am
Posts: 470
Reply with quote
Post Re: Withers may have just gotten himself in trouble
Interesting but not critical take away from presser bashing video:

1) Withers uses OJ Simpson as a gage of comparison yet didn't want his family around last year's team.....???
2) Withers is apparently a DJ now so hopefully he can pick better tracks in the play call this fall

_________________
"punishing all for the actions of one is simply a way for universities to appear as if they are doing something about something they will never have control of - students drinking"
-Goodman


Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:17 am
Profile
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:48 am
Posts: 820
Reply with quote
Post Re: Withers may have just gotten himself in trouble
Well... 24/7 now has an article on it:

http://texasstate.247sports.com/Bolt/Texas-State-coach-Everett-Withers-bashes-last-years-players-52356264

At least they try to objectively discuss it compared to the twitter Sports Night group.

I say lets move on and worry about upcoming season. I wouldn't doubt coaches on the road this week will have to answer some questions about it (if they are seeing it or whether they care about it). Other than that, I'm not sure a 17-18 year old will care because its not about them. Parents may care but we'll see.


Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:57 am
Profile
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:41 am
Posts: 5864
Reply with quote
Post Re: Withers may have just gotten himself in trouble
Saul Goodman wrote:
well, he's definitely not shy about getting it out there. the comment about not having a competitor at the qb position since he's been here was definitely unsolicited.


Who I assume is Tyler Jones's mom has been busy retweeting tweets referencing Withers's comments.

https://mobile.twitter.com/1234lifeisgrand


Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:59 am
Profile
True Bobcat Fan
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:40 am
Posts: 4842
Reply with quote
Post Re: Withers may have just gotten himself in trouble
yeah, she's a bit miffed.

_________________
1 down
2 to go


Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:14 am
Profile
True Bobcat Fan
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:42 am
Posts: 470
Reply with quote
Post Re: Withers may have just gotten himself in trouble
she's either trying to prove that her liberal arts philosophy degree was well earned or that she is able to recite from a websters dictionary that she knows how to lookup and define words...in either case maybe she just stick to keeping her talents behind that camera :shock: :lol: 8) :oops: :eatemup:

_________________
"punishing all for the actions of one is simply a way for universities to appear as if they are doing something about something they will never have control of - students drinking"
-Goodman


Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:17 am
Profile
True Bobcat Fan
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:31 pm
Posts: 722
Location: Fran's Cupboard
Reply with quote
Post Re: Withers may have just gotten himself in trouble
Bobbumman wrote:
she's either trying to prove that her liberal arts philosophy degree was well earned or that she is able to recite from a websters dictionary that she knows how to lookup and define words...in either case maybe she just stick to keeping her talents behind that camera :shock: :lol: 8) :oops: :eatemup:


Her son was publicly insulted for no good reason during a press conference and then during a post game interview. I'd be upset too if it was my kid. I always thought Tyler played hard and tried his best with what he knew. It was painful to see Tyler's lack of progression after what looked like a promising freshmen year. I think he was victim of having an apathetic coach on an uninspired team. Maybe he could have worked harder...I don't know. Obviously his personality wasn't what Withers was looking for when he arrived on the scene.

I am still a Withers supporter but I think his indirect comments about Jones were totally inappropriate and unnecessary.


Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:06 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:03 pm
Posts: 538
Location: Plano, TX
Reply with quote
Post Re: Withers may have just gotten himself in trouble
Fran's Last Twinky wrote:
Bobbumman wrote:
she's either trying to prove that her liberal arts philosophy degree was well earned or that she is able to recite from a websters dictionary that she knows how to lookup and define words...in either case maybe she just stick to keeping her talents behind that camera :shock: :lol: 8) :oops: :eatemup:


Her son was publicly insulted for no good reason during a press conference and then during a post game interview. I'd be upset too if it was my kid. I always thought Tyler played hard and tried his best with what he knew. It was painful to see Tyler's lack of progression after what looked like a promising freshmen year. I think he was victim of having an apathetic coach on an uninspired team. Maybe he could have worked harder...I don't know. Obviously his personality wasn't what Withers was looking for when he arrived on the scene.

I am still a Withers supporter but I think his indirect comments about Jones were totally inappropriate and unnecessary.


Agree 100%. If someone would have made the same comment about my kid that EW did, I'd be firing back as well.

Always supported EW blindly, but talking about players/past players negatively is not good. I want a coach that backs his team/players, like Mike Gundy had his player's back...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BhYPu966Rc

~flag~ ~flag~
~flag~ ~flag~

_________________
Eat Em Up Cats!
PSA 6th Grade Superbowl Champions-2015
Plano Bobcats Football HC 2008-2015


Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:57 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:27 pm
Posts: 6184
Location: Houston
Reply with quote
Post Re: Withers may have just gotten himself in trouble
I am not a fan of him saying these types of things. What purpose does it serve? Just own the fact that they were on your team and move on. The only thing it does is make EW look like an idiot and push away former players. Just plain stupid. Move on EW stop talking about this stuff and move the hell on.


Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:16 am
Profile
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:48 am
Posts: 820
Reply with quote
Post Re: Withers may have just gotten himself in trouble
Agree so lets hope this type of discussion will end here with Withers comments.


Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:36 am
Profile
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:46 pm
Posts: 613
Reply with quote
Post Re: Withers may have just gotten himself in trouble
http://247sports.com/Article/Everett-Withers-pushing-Texas-States-expectations-to-the-limit-52372889


Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:26 am
Profile
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:41 am
Posts: 5864
Reply with quote
Post Re: Withers may have just gotten himself in trouble


This is required reading for all of you.


Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:06 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
All Rights Reserved, BobcatFans LLC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group