Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Withers may have just gotten himself in trouble 
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: Withers may have just gotten himself in trouble
[quote="x"]I still stand by my assumption that Withers banged taxman's wife. Only logical explanation for the vitriol.

Are you sure any woman could get drunk enough to hook up with taxman?

Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:29 am
True Bobcat Fan

Yeah maybe his sister then.

Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:41 am
True Bobcat Fan

Saul Goodman wrote:
Bobcat.taxman wrote:
Williams isn't as good as people are making him out to be. Unless you're drinking the Kool-Aid being thrown out these days by the mouthpieces.

curious as to what you think he's being made out to be, and who you think are the mouthpieces. i haven't seen anything anointing him as the next coming, and keff/ishmael are the only 2 w/ any coverage.

Exactly...who are the mouthpieces you speak of and where and how are they boosting Wither's reputation?

Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:00 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Yeah no one is expecting Williams to be the next world beater. I do think he will be better than most transfers and be a good stop gap for a year. He appears to be motivated and a vocal leader. I hope that means he puts in the time to learn the playbook. Regardless, he will be better than throwing a true freshman into the fire.

Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:46 pm
True Bobcat Fan

slycat wrote:
better than throwing a true freshman into the fire.

that's really all i expect of him. i love his size, that he's been in a big time program for 4 years, and they ran a similar system. but short of being the 2nd coming of vince young/tim tebow/cam newton, i'm not sure how much 1 guy can do.

Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:31 pm
True Bobcat Fan

The video that was posted last week (posted it in video post on here) where he's throwing what looks like a fade from his throwing motion but I didn't like what I saw on his throwing motion. It looked very Tebo like. Ugh. I hope I'm wrong.

If he's a vocal leader, that alone is more than what we had from 3-4 starting seniors on O last year so I'll take it. I'll also take a 215lb QB that can run the ball and hopefully make good decisions with the ball (know when to throw, doesn't turn ball over, and will take what is given by D). Its not as if we will yet have the WR crew that can blow by people unless TV Williams, Morbley, Haydel, Bedford, and Twyford step up immediately because the others don't seem to have that type of speed.

We need playmakers and players that can execute plays (OL) to make anything go. Plain and simple.

Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:00 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Bobkat34 wrote:
The video that was posted last week (posted it in video post on here) where he's throwing what looks like a fade from his throwing motion but I didn't like what I saw on his throwing motion. It looked very Tebo like. Ugh. I hope I'm wrong.

If he's a vocal leader, that alone is more than what we had from 3-4 starting seniors on O last year so I'll take it. I'll also take a 215lb QB that can run the ball and hopefully make good decisions with the ball (know when to throw, doesn't turn ball over, and will take what is given by D). Its not as if we will yet have the WR crew that can blow by people unless TV Williams, Morbley, Haydel, Bedford, and Twyford step up immediately because the others don't seem to have that type of speed.

We need playmakers and players that can execute plays (OL) to make anything go. Plain and simple.

Remember that Jones was sacked 30+ times last season, and he was a seasoned QB with three years starting in the SBC under his belt. Williams is athletic and accurate with his throws, but to think he's going to come in and win more than two games based on the fact that he's a "vocal leader"......that's not how college athletics work.

Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:06 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Bobcat.taxman wrote:
Bobkat34 wrote:

Remember that Jones was sacked 30+ times last season, and he was a seasoned QB with three years starting in the SBC under his belt. Williams is athletic and accurate with his throws, but to think he's going to come in and win more than two games based on the fact that he's a "vocal leader"......that's not how college athletics work.

Your right taxman... I think his vocal"ness" is what will win us games! That is exactly what I wrote. I didn't say we need playmakers nd players that can execute plays to make anything go. I said exactly what you posted.

Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:34 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Now, Withers is in trouble.

The video being used by Sports Night:
https://twitter.com/Sports_NightTX/status/853357378460413952

First, I'll didn't like the wording Withers used but when you listen to entire first 16 second minute discussion it does look bad. Personally, I'd suggest that any of you don't like how Sports Night on twitter did a 16 second clip of video with nothing else... comment on post and let them know. If you are the other side of this (especially if you know some of them personally from last year's team), I can understand if you feel they at good people. As someone on the outside, all I can see is what is in videos clips (interviews from Withers last year before, during, after season on issues from player video preparation, execution, player issues he stated before and even during this extended video by Brant Freeman below:
https://twitter.com/Brant_Freeman/status/853307199824601088

In the end, I don't feel it does Wither or his coaching staff any good to bad mouth anyone but he's doing it. And many of Fran haters wanted less Coach speak and more direct commentary... well we have it.

Mike Orakpo is no fan of Withers and commented today on the 16 minute clip. Again, it doesn't explain his comments at all, which I don't like. Many still may not care what is said by Withers in that 1st minute but it does provide some depth to his comments.
Mike Orakpo‏ @raknation 2 hours ago
Mike Orakpo Retweeted Sports Night
And ppl ask me why I'm not a Withers fan. I don't respect TRASH that's why...

Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:28 pm
True Bobcat Fan

I was wondering how long it would take for this to make it on here....

Probably poor choice of wording. Look, the culture within this program was probably in pretty bad shape in Fran's final season and leaked into 2016. What this program desperately needs is someone to hold the players, and the athletic administration, accountable. I like Withers simply for the fact that for the first time in a long time it seems we finally have someone that takes winning here seriously and isn't satisfied with being mediocre little ol Texas State. He's going to ruffle some feathers. Some things are probably better left unsaid though.

Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:56 pm
True Bobcat Fan

he definitely needs to move on and look forward with what he's got.

edit: stealing this from jack over on br because it's important on this topic. he reached out to a current player and this is what came back:

Quote:
"This ain't a secret. Some ***expletives are here to smoke weed, play Tinder, and be a mess, just keep drifting on. Coach came from Ohio State and has the championship mentality. We need to be on stage, on point, and accountable, and Coach ain't here for our weak making us all look bad."

i'll also point out that this board/fanbase was all kinds of pissed off a couple of years ago when it was made known that the players were partying all the time, and fran wasn't doing much about it. so the new coach comes in and cleans house and fans are pissed off about the coach talking about the house he had to clean.

Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:01 am
True Bobcat Fan

I happened across quotes from Ismael during the season of Withers and he stated all of these things in a nicer manner than the quote Saul posted. It was happening to some degree. I'm sure it happens on many less than .500 teams.

We just don't need Withers bringing up things that really aren't necessary. It wasn't good and that is all that needed to be presented but Withers talks differently and isn't afraid to tell it like he sees it. Players don't like it.

Reality, those young men aren't "bad people" or they wouldn't have been offered by multiple schools, even if G5 schools. They just aren't doing what is required by a new coach.

Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:13 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I think I'm in the same boat as most on this board: I just wish Withers would let last season go and speak to the now and the future.

He's been pretty clear on all things, which I like. I just wish he'd focus on the positive more than the negative.

I'm guessing that he's been so... down in his interviews (about last season, about the guys on the team now, etc) is that he's trying to temper expectations?

But still, I gotta think there are better ways of doing it than how he has been.

Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:46 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

I don't have a problem with what is being said (the bluntness is fine with me), I just have a problem with the time & place. It is April. I prefer a coach that is looking forward and focused on how to prevent problems in the future, and Withers keeps talking about the past. The past is the past--there is no need to re-argue or belabor issues. Chart a course for the future that creates a stronger program on & off the field. Learn from the past, but don't beat the dead horse.

I respectfully disagree with time on the internet being "wasted." I would've never known that a monkey would fall over after smelling his own, stinky finger if it wasn't for the glory of the internet.

Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:11 pm
True Bobcat Fan

TheRevSWT wrote:
I'm guessing that he's been so... down in his interviews (about last season, about the guys on the team now, etc) is that he's trying to temper expectations?

i don't read it that way at all. i think he was really blown away by the apathy in the program last year and very aware of what he's working with today. it's not in his nature to be a positive spin guy, so when you combine those, and people are asking for comparisons, this is what you get.

Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:29 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next