Ask Me Anything Q&A @ /r/Txstatebobcats on Monday.. Details 
SuperCat

Post Ask Me Anything Q&A @ /r/Txstatebobcats on Monday.. Details
**An AMA is a Q&A session
Website here: www.reddit.com/r/txstatebobcats
You will have to sign up to Reddit to ask questions

Hi everybody! I'm very excited to present this opportunity -- on Monday (3/27/17) @ 10 am, we will have a couple of people joining us for an AMA!

John McElfresh (Assistant Director of Marketing & Promotions, Video Operations) & Nick Gravois (Marketing & Promotions Coordinator) will be answering questions starting at 10 am! While those two are the headliners, some others from the Sports Info Department, Compliance office and Development office will popping in as well.

Once again this a really exciting opportunity and I hope everyone will be here! Link to twitter advertisement: https://twitter.com/TxStateBobcats/stat ... 9625114625

Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:39 pm
Junior Bobcat

Post Re: Ask Me Anything Q&A @ /r/Txstatebobcats on Monday.. Deta
It never takes anyone long to voice their concerns on this board (nothing wrong with that), this is a great opportunity to take them right to the source.

What are some things that should be brought up? If I can remember to open the app around then I'll be happy to be someones question mule that doesn't want/know how to mess with Reddit.

Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:39 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

If I can figure out how to do it, I'll be asking about why we don't have a Bobcat Club sign up at the games.

I'll also be asking why we don't sell season tickets for the following season DURING the running season.

Both seem like a chance to have your core target audience get the message.

Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:55 pm
SuperCat

On this top right of the main reddit page there is a sign up button, you can make whichever username you wish, you don't have to use an e-mail to sign up, that's what I like about reddit. Just make an account and you're in. If the majority of users on here want, I can ask questions on your behalf!

Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:03 am
True Bobcat Fan

please ask what kind of effort was put into getting students to the basketball game yesterday. i saw some stuff on social media, but that's passive by nature. curious if there was anything in the quad, text messages or emails, etc.

Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:18 am
True Bobcat Fan

ask this:

Why is the TXST acronym not reinforced via the athletics website (TxStateBobcats.com vs TXSTBobcats.com), or through the athletics and individual team twitter handles (@TxStateBobcats, @TxStateBaseball, @TXSTATEFOOTBALL, etc)?

Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:23 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

this
what he said
Why is the TXST acronym not reinforced via the athletics website (TxStateBobcats.com vs TXSTBobcats.com), or through the athletics and individual team twitter handles (@TxStateBobcats, @TxStateBaseball, @TXSTATEFOOTBALL, etc)?

also
when can we expect improvements to the ballpark

Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:50 pm
SuperCat

Here's the link with all of the questions and responses: https://www.reddit.com/r/TxStateBobcats ... _athletic/

I was going to post all of the responses here, but the post got more traffic than I thought it would.

Here's one response I thought was hilarious:

'Q': Hopefully the BobcatFans website works again as a couple of those guys had questions that they wanted to relay to me.
A: I would love if Saul Goodman (at least in spirit) could join us! -Nick

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:10 pm
True Bobcat Fan

nice to know bf.com is down for others. btw - works in explorer for me, but not chrome.

wish i would have known this guy was going to be there - Jake Payne, Facilities & Game Operations Coordinator.
i'd have asked about why we don't have our cheerleader/band/announcer game on point during game play.

the answer about a throwback game is bullshit. there's no damage to your brand by doing a throwback uniform, even putting swt on them. i hate when marketing honks try to claim that shit. that's a brian miller answer, verbatim.

Quote:
we haven't hired any social media experts

:lol: :lol: :lol: orly?

Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:20 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Quote:
I went to both lacrosse games this weekend, LSU and TCU. I have to say, the TX State student fans were atrocious. They were abusive, vulgar, belligerent, and terribly, terribly behaved. I overheard the LSU fans on Friday night (admitedly, probably parents and school staff) comment on how awful the locals were, and how they lacked decency and anything that resembled sportsmanship. What can the administration do to curb the "pre-gaming" (drinking) and foster a more supportive sports environment?

this is some bullshit.

i was at both games and i know exactly what groups are referenced.
for fri - two of the guys on the team are in a fraternity and their boys showed up to cheer them on. they were definitely drunk, and certainly annoying, but they weren't vulgar at all - i was actually very surprised at the lack of cussing coming from them. one of the lsu player's parents came over and asked them to stop harassing her son. lol - all they were doing was yelling his number over and over! they don't know shit about the sport and were terrible hecklers - just loud and stupid sounding. 1st time I've ever seen them at a game.
on sat - there was hardly anyone at the game, definitely no one drinking/drunk, and the couple of guys that were giving the tcu cats the business were former players. nothing but typical razzing, and there was plenty of give and take as well, w/ the tcu players actively engaging. none of it was vulgar in any way. completely normal.

Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:51 pm
True Bobcat Fan

props to them for doing that ama. even though most of their answers are terrible, i suspect they know they are terrible, but it's what they have to work with.

Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:59 pm