September 30-Texas State at Wyoming 
Junior Bobcat

Post September 30-Texas State at Wyoming
Just checking in to see how many Bobcats will be making the trek to Laramie. I'm glad to see a revival in the home and home series particularly after going to that ass-kicking the Cats gave the Pokes in San Marcos in 2013. Other than surviving blizzard conditions in War Memorial that game on your campus was one of the most miserable I've been to in terms of weather and how badly the Cowboys played that day/night.

Certainly the return engagement will be a day of revenge (hopefully) for the fans as I don't think we'll have any players that made the last trip. Anyway, I hope a lot of Bobcat fans can make it up to the High Plains to the game. I'll be posting more information as we get closer to the game to help those who will travel up to 7,220 feet above sea level for the game.

Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:45 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: September 30-Texas State at Wyoming
The Virginian wrote:
Just checking in to see how many Bobcats will be making the trek to Laramie. I'm glad to see a revival in the home and home series particularly after going to that ass-kicking the Cats gave the Pokes in San Marcos in 2013. Other than surviving blizzard conditions in War Memorial that game on your campus was one of the most miserable I've been to in terms of weather and how badly the Cowboys played that day/night.

Certainly the return engagement will be a day of revenge (hopefully) for the fans as I don't think we'll have any players that made the last trip. Anyway, I hope a lot of Bobcat fans can make it up to the High Plains to the game. I'll be posting more information as we get closer to the game to help those who will travel up to 7,220 feet above sea level for the game.

Beautiful country up there, but alas, Cabela's has been purchased by BassPro, and they no longer need my services. I had hoped to ride that pony until the end of this year, and would have gladly made the trip over from Sidney, Nebraska. :-)

Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:37 am
True Bobcat Fan

Was looking into hunting Wyoming this year but due to the rough winter yall just got subjected to I'm going to hold off and put in for Montana. I sure those blizzards killed off some elk and mule deer.

Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:07 am
True Bobcat Fan

I was considering it but think I will do the Colorado trip as my road trip this year. I spend some time for work in northeast Wyoming over the last year and it is a great spot. I may have to go back soon. Maybe I will get lucky and get up there around that weekend.

Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:24 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

:sombrero: :sombrero: :sombrero:
:texasstate: :texasstate: :texasstate:

I am tentatively planning on being there, can't pass up a chance to visit Wyoming!

Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:40 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Tentatively set to go to Boulder, doubt I'll do Laramie also.

Maybe one day.

I'm trying to mentally prepare my liver for September tailgating now.
9/2 - HBU
9/9 - @ Colorado
9/16 - App State
9/23 - utsa

4 straight weeks of extreme abuse he's gonna have to endure. I don't think I want to pile a trip to Wyoming on top of that for 5 straight.

Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:27 am
True Bobcat Fan

I know my lungs and liver would like Boulder. :eatemup:

Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:43 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

ChicagoGuy wrote:

Beautiful country up there, but alas, Cabela's has been purchased by BassPro, and they no longer need my services. I had hoped to ride that pony until the end of this year, and would have gladly made the trip over from Sidney, Nebraska. :-)

You know that deal hasn't actually gone through yet, right? In fact, what I'm hearing is that the deal is likely to fall apart. The place I work has an interest in the merger.

I respectfully disagree with time on the internet being "wasted." I would've never known that a monkey would fall over after smelling his own, stinky finger if it wasn't for the glory of the internet.

Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:21 am
True Bobcat Fan

bleed gold wrote:
ChicagoGuy wrote:

You know that deal hasn't actually gone through yet, right? In fact, what I'm hearing is that the deal is likely to fall apart. The place I work has an interest in the merger.

Interesting. I hadn't heard that. I'll have to check with my spy in Springfield, MO. He's one of the wheels in their IT group. He's hoping the new guy in the White House will stick a fork in Cabela's outsourcing of American jobs to H1B visas.

Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:09 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

slycat wrote:
I was considering it but think I will do the Colorado trip as my road trip this year.

Same here but the jury is still out.

Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:58 am
Junior Bobcat

Looking at your 2017 schedule I didn't realize that you open on the road in Boulder and then travel to Laramie three weeks later. That's kind of brutal.

Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:16 am
True Bobcat Fan

The Virginian wrote:
Looking at your 2017 schedule I didn't realize that you open on the road in Boulder and then travel to Laramie three weeks later. That's kind of brutal.

They should call it the Lonesome Dove non-conference road trip

Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:54 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

The Virginian wrote:

With the team we have, the entire schedule will be brutal. 8) :lol:

Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:14 pm