Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
 Recruiting 2018: offers, commits/decommits, transfers 
Author Message
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:31 pm
Posts: 395
Reply with quote
Post Re: Recruiting 2018: offers, commits/decommits, transfers
https://twitter.com/Keff_C/status/838924173695139842

http://247sports.com/player/alex-costilla-94727

That's a big one. If York was Wither's biggest recruit, Costilla tops him. Oline going beastmode in the future. Now, just to hold onto them.


Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:48 pm
Profile
Junior Bobcat

Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:32 pm
Posts: 40
Reply with quote
Post Re: Recruiting 2018: offers, commits/decommits, transfers
TXSTdominance wrote:
https://twitter.com/Keff_C/status/838924173695139842

http://247sports.com/player/alex-costilla-94727

That's a big one. If York was Wither's biggest recruit, Costilla tops him. Oline going beastmode in the future. Now, just to hold onto them.


For real. If we can hold on to these two guys....

Great early start though.


Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:09 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:41 am
Posts: 5643
Reply with quote
Post Re: Recruiting 2018: offers, commits/decommits, transfers
ATX Bobcat wrote:
Great early start though.


Too early to really mean much, but our 2018 class is 38th in the country right now with Costilla, York, and Conner.

Costilla is a huge get. Don't leave paradise Alex. Stay in beautiful San Marcos.


Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:32 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:40 am
Posts: 4417
Reply with quote
Post Re: Recruiting 2018: offers, commits/decommits, transfers
great get! hopefully these 3 are setting the tone for the rest of the class and we can keep adding guys at that level.

_________________
1 down
2 to go


Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:11 am
Profile
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:48 am
Posts: 714
Reply with quote
Post Re: Recruiting 2018: offers, commits/decommits, transfers
If you haven't noticed, we are recruiting OT like we're on a mission to get add serious depth here with up to 17 offers and 1 very good commit. Only offered 7 guards and TE is at 8 offers. No other positions has over 7 with DT and WR at 6 offers.

Considering we've heard Carlile is going to play guard, we do need way more depth at OT with only Mizerak currently with experience, then a list of OTs from 2016 that could or could not be a OT during or after spring practices: Washington, Vaterott, Gambrell, Copa. Yes, you add JC OT Mayes, Foster and King to the group by fall practices but that does not seem a very deep group, especially with lack of experience from Gambrell (moved to OT last year) and Copa with concussion issues. Looks to me we need at minimum 2 more while guard may be a 1-2 and center still looks like a need.


Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:25 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:31 pm
Posts: 633
Location: Fran's Cupboard
Reply with quote
Post Re: Recruiting 2018: offers, commits/decommits, transfers
Bobkat34 wrote:
If you haven't noticed, we are recruiting OT like we're on a mission to get add serious depth here with up to 17 offers and 1 very good commit. Only offered 7 guards and TE is at 8 offers. No other positions has over 7 with DT and WR at 6 offers.

Considering we've heard Carlile is going to play guard, we do need way more depth at OT with only Mizerak currently with experience, then a list of OTs from 2016 that could or could not be a OT during or after spring practices: Washington, Vaterott, Gambrell, Copa. Yes, you add JC OT Mayes, Foster and King to the group by fall practices but that does not seem a very deep group, especially with lack of experience from Gambrell (moved to OT last year) and Copa with concussion issues. Looks to me we need at minimum 2 more while guard may be a 1-2 and center still looks like a need.


Keep in mind that those players are listed as OT's. That doesn't mean we are recruiting them as OT's. I'm just happy we are focused on the line after we landed a lot of skill players this year.


Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:16 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:48 am
Posts: 714
Reply with quote
Post Re: Recruiting 2018: offers, commits/decommits, transfers
Fran's Last Twinky wrote:
Bobkat34 wrote:
If you haven't noticed, we are recruiting OT like we're on a mission to get add serious depth here with up to 17 offers and 1 very good commit. Only offered 7 guards and TE is at 8 offers. No other positions has over 7 with DT and WR at 6 offers.

Considering we've heard Carlile is going to play guard, we do need way more depth at OT with only Mizerak currently with experience, then a list of OTs from 2016 that could or could not be a OT during or after spring practices: Washington, Vaterott, Gambrell, Copa. Yes, you add JC OT Mayes, Foster and King to the group by fall practices but that does not seem a very deep group, especially with lack of experience from Gambrell (moved to OT last year) and Copa with concussion issues. Looks to me we need at minimum 2 more while guard may be a 1-2 and center still looks like a need.


Keep in mind that those players are listed as OT's. That doesn't mean we are recruiting them as OT's. I'm just happy we are focused on the line after we landed a lot of skill players this year.


FLT... very good point! When Davis was committed last year, I thought he and Carlile may be guards and in the end I was right about one of them as we only took one of them.

I'm really intrigued to see what new coach Mateos does with this group. Especially after hearing Withers feels we have more guards on roster than tackles. Would seem like we will try and find new ways to run the ball offensive scheme wise... maybe a little Arkansas style.


Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:07 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:42 am
Posts: 376
Reply with quote
Post Re: Recruiting 2018: offers, commits/decommits, transfers
Saul Goodman wrote:
great get! hopefully these 3 are setting the tone for the rest of the class and we can keep adding guys at that level.


I don't think it's outlandish to think that Withers has a great opportunity to do in 2018 what FAU did in 2017 recruiting with a re-tread coach who inherited a team with 3 straight 3-9 seasons
FAU's recruting last season ranked as one of the highest G5 (G4) programs not AAC or Boise in the last several years, particularly relative to their level of sucess

We can't offer recruits the ocean that the Miami metro can but we sure can pitch the hell out of the river though

_________________
"I have to do a much better job with this football team"
“I think that this team can be a good, be a good football team, I have to do a better job"
“Again, I think it starts and ends with me.”

-Bill O'Brien


Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:54 am
Profile
True Bobcat Fan
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:40 am
Posts: 4417
Reply with quote
Post Re: Recruiting 2018: offers, commits/decommits, transfers
not sure that i'd use fau as a benchmark, given who is on that staff and who they pulled in. that said, i'd like to think we can pull in classes w/ 15ish 3* players, which would put us at the top of the g5 food chain.

hat tip to jaguar1620 on br.com - qb stacy connner is now a 3* (composite)

_________________
1 down
2 to go


Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:39 am
Profile
BF.com Elite Sponsor
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2003 8:34 pm
Posts: 14010
Location: Ten minutes north of Lake Travis
Reply with quote
Post Re: Recruiting 2018: offers, commits/decommits, transfers
I need to go look, but I figure someone here has already done it...

How frequent are 4* players signing to G5? I know it's not an everyday, but I'm genuinely curious about frequency.

_________________
RiverRatCat06 wrote:
Shut the fuck up Larry.


Image


Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:54 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:42 am
Posts: 376
Reply with quote
Post Re: Recruiting 2018: offers, commits/decommits, transfers
As far as 247 has gone, it's been very uncommon for non-AAC and Boise g5s to sign a 4****, and even still fairly uncommon with AAC give or take a few of the Cincinatti seasons before the collapse of the Big East (back when they had a BCS tie in)

The closest we've had were Bowens James Rosemond and now Roach, all still pretty far away from 4 ****, and only one has really ever taken the field for us

I bet if you look back further in time (pre-Bortles/Kaepernick/Carr) before the real divide began to set in between P5/G5 when it was just FBS football and I imagine you'll see quite a bit more 4**** examples that signed with the 'now G5 conferences'

even with Carr/Kaepernick/Bortles, Carr was the only one of the three to 4 **** (a low 4**** at that) the other 2 were low 3***s

_________________
"I have to do a much better job with this football team"
“I think that this team can be a good, be a good football team, I have to do a better job"
“Again, I think it starts and ends with me.”

-Bill O'Brien


Last edited by Bobbumman on Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:13 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:40 am
Posts: 4417
Reply with quote
Post Re: Recruiting 2018: offers, commits/decommits, transfers
going off of the 247 composite, last 3 years:

aac - 11 (1 5* too)
mwc - 6 (5 were in 2015, boise w/ 3 of the 6)
ind - 4 (byu all 4)
cusa - 2 (both at marshall in 2016)
mac - 1
sbc - 0

_________________
1 down
2 to go


Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:14 pm
Profile
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:48 am
Posts: 714
Reply with quote
Post Re: Recruiting 2018: offers, commits/decommits, transfers
Anyone else miss this?

Lake Ridge Football‏ @LakeRidgeFB 14h14 hours ago
4 more to play college ball. 9 total in Class of '17. 23 in 2 yrs. Building leaders to make an impact. #Be1and0today!

Tate Heitmeier‏ @Tatewazhurr 22h22 hours ago
Proud to say i've officially signed to play football at Texas State University #TXST21 #SanMarvelous17

https://twitter.com/Tatewazhurr/status/844595400778616832

I believe in the picture is Tanner King (2017 OT signee standing with black uniform #78) and the one kneeling is Tate Heitmeier with the white uniform #78.

He was a center in HS but we'll see if that is where he'll play or guard.

We do need more depth at OL. Wondering if he'll be a blueshirt. Remember, we are likley getting back McDowell's ship and possibly 1-2 others if they are graduating early like say Berry or Guidry.


Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:19 am
Profile
True Bobcat Fan
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:40 am
Posts: 4417
Reply with quote
Post Re: Recruiting 2018: offers, commits/decommits, transfers
Bobkat34 wrote:
Wondering if he'll be a blueshirt.

given that he's got no recruiting site presence at all, built more like a dt than an ol, and "signing" in march, pwo seems more likely. i know that's a signing ceremony, but hard to believe 4 guys at one school got scholarship offers in march.

_________________
1 down
2 to go


Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:48 am
Profile
True Bobcat Fan

Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:27 pm
Posts: 5995
Location: Houston
Reply with quote
Post Re: Recruiting 2018: offers, commits/decommits, transfers
Quote:
Luv1k @los3_0

Overlooked 99 out of 100 times, luckily chosen by 1.. It's go time. I am 110% committed to The University of Texas State. #TXST21 go 'cats


Carlos Wilson
RB
Killeen HS


Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:21 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
All Rights Reserved, BobcatFans LLC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group