Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 678 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 46  Next
 Recruiting 2018: offers, commits/decommits, transfers 
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: Recruiting 2018: offers, commits/decommits, transfers
another pwo, from san marcos - check out his twitter bio: https://twitter.com/_demarcushall_

https://twitter.com/_demarcushall_/stat ... 9982462976

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/6285623/5a ... 2b944b7da9

Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:39 am
True Bobcat Fan

https://twitter.com/Perroni247/status/970734100821704704

TXST has offered Blinn College DB Ricky Thomas and he could be a 2018 if he decides to sign with Bobcats. My guess is he is a qualifier and could have 3 years to play if he can be a 2018 or 2019.

Looks like we are trying to add another DB (CB/S) for immediate help.

Twitter page: https://twitter.com/Ricky_Thomas2 and notes 3 years to play.

Another I found on DL Coach Mooring's following is a JC DE Tamarion Johnson that has 3 years to play 3: https://twitter.com/TamarionJ 6'6/250.

And there are a few others on Mooring's following page that are JC DT/DEs. Here's to hoping to add one for immediate help at DE. Only other position I feel is a need is ILB with only 4 on ship and Graham that has practiced there last spring. If there are any other needs, they are less important like TE (still think we are hoping Rogers/Rushing can hold it down with 2 true freshmen), OC/OG (considering we lost 2 JC OL last year that signed). That is about it unless we take a late RB.

Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:11 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Looks like we picked up a 2018 recruit (if it has posted already, my bad).

JP Ekpe 6'2 210 lb OLB from Hendrickson HS in Pflugerville.

https://twitter.com/EkpeSZN/status/977370372709519360

Can;t find a Rivals or 247 page.

Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:35 pm
True Bobcat Fan

TheRevSWT wrote:
Looks like we picked up a 2018 recruit (if it has posted already, my bad).

JP Ekpe 6'2 210 lb OLB from Hendrickson HS in Pflugerville.

https://twitter.com/EkpeSZN/status/977370372709519360

Can;t find a Rivals or 247 page.

Yeah, I saw that. Trying to find out if this is a ship player or another PWO. Two things make me question it. 1) only 1-2 coaches liked or retweeted (non were Withers, Wood, Mayes, or Kuhr); usually if it was a commit/signee those top coaches are all over it 2) Withers bluntly stated "we didn't bring in any LBs in this class because we are confident in what we have". Then we take a OLB? Hmm... Its possible but I'm not sure.

Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:54 am
True Bobcat Fan

Ekpo is a PWO for 2018 class.

I'll say this... I like his hudl video and am a little surprised no one offered him. Fast/quick off the snap and gets to QB. Seems to have played DE/Rover but was always on the line of scrimmage. Not sure how good his coverage skills are but motor looks good and I wouldn't be surprised if he comes in ready with right attitude, he could earn a ship.

Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:12 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Dunno if it's a PWO/Scholarship or what year, but looks like we got a DL guy in Kameron Jemison out of Hutchison CC out of Kansas.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/9028990/Kameron-Jemison

I do know he's class of 2021.... So I trust someone will figure it out.

Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:23 pm
True Bobcat Fan

TheRevSWT wrote:
Dunno if it's a PWO/Scholarship or what year, but looks like we got a DL guy in Kameron Jemison out of Hutchison CC out of Kansas.

I've been told he's a ship player. He's a OT out of Hutchinson CC. My guess is he was a qualifier out of HS but went JC route, un-recruited. Grew into OT instead of DL that he's labeled by Hutchinson CC.

Considering the bad luck signing two JC players last year with Mayes physically unable to play and Pesa a grade loss, I'm betting they are looking very specifically for guys that are eligible or will be eligible by May.

Remember, we've offered a Blinn CB that is a qualifier now but he can either sign now for 2018 or may decide to stay at Blinn another year and be a 2019 signee.

Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:44 pm
Junior Bobcat

TheRevSWT wrote:

The only offers I can find are from Wagner (bad FCS football) and Tusculum (bad D2 football). Things are past the point of desperation in San Marcos.

Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:03 pm
True Bobcat Fan

run faster wrote:
past the point of desperation in San Marcos

in withers we trust :sign: :-|| :oops:

Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:45 am
True Bobcat Fan

Call it what you want... we need more depth at OL with currently only 2 OTs and one (Foster) is in concussion protocol (2-3 freshmen coming in at OT).

We need an experience (2 JC years) OL come in and help. I'd argue we need a JC guard too in this 2018 class with Pierce moved to DL and Lemon/Vatterot rarely getting ANY PT.

We'll find out if he's worthy of anything this coming year.

Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:23 am
True Bobcat Fan

i love the anti-withers clamoring as if this isn't txst overall. cattaneo anyone?

Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:59 am
Junior Bobcat

Bobkat34 wrote:
Call it what you want... we need more depth at OL with currently only 2 OTs and one (Foster) is in concussion protocol (2-3 freshmen coming in at OT).

We need an experience (2 JC years) OL come in and help. I'd argue we need a JC guard too in this 2018 class with Pierce moved to DL and Lemon/Vatterot rarely getting ANY PT.

We'll find out if he's worthy of anything this coming year.

Depth doesn't matter if it is clogging up the septic lines, and with the shit that we are signing, it is definitely clogged.

This is a JUCO that every FBS recruits. At least one other OL from there signed to a P5 this year, so it isn't like the rest of the country hasn't seen this kid. Yet he only has one FCS and one D2?

Texas State has great facilities for the Sun Belt. It has the best recruiting area in the conference. It has solid funding for the conference. It is in a great area with a huge enrollment on a nice campus. It should be able to out recruit just about everyone in the Sun Belt and many other better (football history speaking) G5 schools. It's not. But, hey, we have depth! Call the plumber.

Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:50 pm
True Bobcat Fan

So... sign no one if they are not a 3* and just go with what we have? Right... Brilliant! That is the BEST way to get better. Just don't sign anyone that is not a 3* because we have the best of the best in Sun Belt. :roll:

You don't like the signee... WE GET IT. Don't like coach, WE GET IT. Want to complain go ahead. Doesn't change we'll be going to play this season with THIS team. I for one will like to support the players putting in the work.

Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:18 pm
Junior Bobcat

Bobkat34 wrote:
So... sign no one if they are not a 3* and just go with what we have? Right... Brilliant! That is the BEST way to get better. Just don't sign anyone that is not a 3* because we have the best of the best in Sun Belt. :roll:

You don't like the signee... WE GET IT. Don't like coach, WE GET IT. Want to complain go ahead. Doesn't change we'll be going to play this season with THIS team. I for one will like to support the players putting in the work.

There is a wide gap in between a 3* and a JUCO who only has a bad FCS and a bad D2 offer. Do the legwork: go look at all of the other commits/signees from Sun Belt schools and those Texas State should be recruiting against (North Texas, UTEP, etc.). Hell, check out Sam Houston State, Lamar, Abilene Christian, Stephen F Austin . . . see how many guys they sign who only have one bad FCS and one bad D2.

There are plenty of guys in between a 3* before hitting rock bottom. Year three rock fragments are flying.

Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:00 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

run faster wrote:
Texas State has great facilities for the Sun Belt. It has the best recruiting area in the conference. It has solid funding for the conference. It is in a great area with a huge enrollment on a nice campus. It should be able to out recruit just about everyone in the Sun Belt and many other better (football history speaking) G5 schools. It's not. But, hey, we have depth! Call the plumber.

Correct me if I'm wrong here... But didn't Withers have a top rated classes (top 2-3) the past few years? That would indicate to me that we are recruiting at least on par with the rest of the conference.

But past that, I would say that historically, our school has had all those advantages in prior conferences (ok, just one conference), and we still weren't lighting it up.

Wouldn't that indicate it's not necessarily this coach, but rather a larger (systemic) issue at the university?

Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:17 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 678 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 46  Next