Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 362 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
 Recruiting 2018: offers, commits/decommits, transfers 
True Bobcat Fan

Post Re: Recruiting 2018: offers, commits/decommits, transfers
TheRevSWT wrote:
Just curious... Is that why they were kicked (I know you said maybe, so I'm guessing not)?

no, it wasn't. weed and more; 3rd strike for all 4. but it's the coaches fault those guys didn't follow the rules (and broke the law) and got caught 3 times.

Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:32 pm
True Bobcat Fan

dont lump me together and categorize me with bob twinkyfran lindsaygirl x saul slycat harley gato or any of you other clowns who have such low football self asteem that you get off to our own program getting bent over by lowly sun belt teams. gast/nmsu? 3 straight years of losses against them. cajuns? try 5 straight years of losses. you cant possibly comprehend what it feels like to have a real household name football program because you have been dwelling in such a dark upside down place for so long that your mind has come to accept rock bottom forever. i looked at responses to keffs tweet about those kids, yes kids, being kicked off and someone did reply saying it would be wither season 5 before we make nice with our scholarship count. when in this history of d1-a football has anything ever plagued a program in scholarship count to this degree for this many seasons in a row, ever? i dont think it ever has so how can you put something this extreme so long lasting and unprecedented on the kids? if ccu has more scholarships in year1 of transition than we do in year 6 of fbs transition and uab already got their full scholarships back after not having a team altogether for 2 years. maybe we need to go all uab on the sunbelt since everyone thinks we wont even be bowl eligible in wither year 3. that way we can come back in 2019 with full scholarships rather than wait until 2020 now like some have suggested with this continued attrition rate

there are a few posters on here that get it but dont post much because of all the nancy gatekeepers on here. bobcat87 bobcatfanatic vp98 justinS and bleed are some of the few that understand aspirations and know that enough is enough and its been way too long in the making. even rev got sick of this excuse bullshit and took much of the 2016 season off from this board. even he is starting to see the writing on the walls that this might very well never end

Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:42 pm
True Bobcat Fan

true enough, you are plenty ignorant in your own right.
Phratcatbocoloco wrote:
uab already got their full scholarships back after not having a team altogether for 2 years.

ncaa made exceptions and they signed 48 recruits in their 2016 class and another another 29 last year, along with an eligibility freeze for all players until this season.

edit: 30+ juco and ~15 transfers on the roster, so not exactly landing a bunch of hs talent. our 2018 class blows theirs away. you'd be screaming from the rafters if withers had 8 verbals today..

Last edited by Saul Goodman on Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:59 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Phratcatbocoloco wrote:
dont lump me together and categorize me with bob twinkyfran lindsaygirl x saul slycat harley gato or any of you other clowns who have such low football self asteem that you get off to our own program getting bent over by lowly sun belt teams. gast/nmsu? 3 straight years of losses against them. cajuns? try 5 straight years of losses. you cant possibly comprehend what it feels like to have a real household name football program because you have been dwelling in such a dark upside down place for so long that your mind has come to accept rock bottom forever. i looked at responses to keffs tweet about those kids, yes kids, being kicked off and someone did reply saying it would be wither season 5 before we make nice with our scholarship count. when in this history of d1-a football has anything ever plagued a program in scholarship count to this degree for this many seasons in a row, ever? i dont think it ever has so how can you put something this extreme so long lasting and unprecedented on the kids? if ccu has more scholarships in year1 of transition than we do in year 6 of fbs transition and uab already got their full scholarships back after not having a team altogether for 2 years. maybe we need to go all uab on the sunbelt since everyone thinks we wont even be bowl eligible in wither year 3. that way we can come back in 2019 with full scholarships rather than wait until 2020 now like some have suggested with this continued attrition rate

there are a few posters on here that get it but dont post much because of all the nancy gatekeepers on here. bobcat87 bobcatfanatic vp98 justinS and bleed are some of the few that understand aspirations and know that enough is enough and its been way too long in the making. even rev got sick of this excuse bullshit and took much of the 2016 season off from this board. even he is starting to see the writing on the walls that this might very well never end

shut the fuck up

Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:17 pm
SuperCat

Phratcatbocoloco wrote:

You are so predictable. You remind me of one of those yapping lap dogs that just will not shut the fuck up. You just yap and yap and yap until you shit yourself.

Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:47 pm
Bobcat Wannabe

Good god man! Learn to use paragraphs and punctuation.

Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:03 pm
True Bobcat Fan

lololololol

it's called knowing how to have real expectations. Like it or not the program was blown up and started over. These results show that. But having the number one recruiting class last year and currently second this year, a turnaround in another 2-3 years is possible. I am not nearly as high as I was on Withers when he got here but it is the situation we are in as far as the path he took to rebuild. Hard to argue he did the wrong thing when this program has sucked it's entire D1 life.

I also don't care if players get kicked off the team. If you agree to play by a set of rules then do it. It is not that hard. If I smoke pot and fail a drug test at work, I get fired. So I don't smoke pot. It is that simple. If I wanted to smoke bad enough I would change jobs to one where I could.

Heck there was that BYU player that made a deal of no sex under the BYU code of conduct. Had sex and missed March Madness. He owned up that he let his team down and knew what he signed up for.

Sure Withers is strict but you get three strikes. If you don't wise up after the first two, that is on you.

Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:28 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Larry Teis wrote:
shut the fuck up

I'm sorry... I know it's a parody account and all... But I just want to slap you silly when I see "Larry Teis" say "shut the fuck up".

Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:52 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Fair enough, since that's basically what LT does when addressing the fan base. I've just vowed to quote phratty and tell him to STFU every time he posts

Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:53 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

slycat wrote:
lololololol

it's called knowing how to have real expectations. Like it or not the program was blown up and started over. These results show that. But having the number one recruiting class last year and currently second this year, a turnaround in another 2-3 years is possible. I am not nearly as high as I was on Withers when he got here but it is the situation we are in as far as the path he took to rebuild. Hard to argue he did the wrong thing when this program has sucked it's entire D1 life.

I also don't care if players get kicked off the team. If you agree to play by a set of rules then do it. It is not that hard. If I smoke pot and fail a drug test at work, I get fired. So I don't smoke pot. It is that simple. If I wanted to smoke bad enough I would change jobs to one where I could.

Heck there was that BYU player that made a deal of no sex under the BYU code of conduct. Had sex and missed March Madness. He owned up that he let his team down and knew what he signed up for.

Sure Withers is strict but you get three strikes. If you don't wise up after the first two, that is on you.

I think this post bu slycat sums up the situation perfectly.

I do have a question. I am too lazy to look it up. Since there are now eight states where pot is legal, I suppose a school in one of these states may have no restrictions on smoking pot. So, what is the NCAA punishment for peeing dirty for pot? Just curious.

Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:32 am
True Bobcat Fan

one has nothing to do w/ the other. just like you can't get drunk and drive your car just because alcohol is legal to drink.

Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:46 am
SuperCat

Canaquedista Man wrote:
slycat wrote:
lololololol

I think this post bu slycat sums up the situation perfectly.

I do have a question. I am too lazy to look it up. Since there are now eight states where pot is legal, I suppose a school in one of these states may have no restrictions on smoking pot. So, what is the NCAA punishment for peeing dirty for pot? Just curious.

Based on this article, it doesn't matter that it's legal. http://www.coloradoan.com/story/sports/csu/football/2016/09/12/college-football-ncaa-marijuana-csu-report/89987592/

Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:55 am
True Bobcat Fan

Phratcatbocoloco wrote:
you other clowns who have such low football self asteem

Self esteem and Texas State anything is an issue. IMHO.....Athletics is a joke, media coverage is a joke, our school's reputation in Austin and San Antonio is a joke, Alumni Association is a joke(as evidenced by the ten people who showed up to the last gathering in S.A.), the Greek System is a joke(still no frat row and now a dead young man), a President that has absolutely no public presence, absolutely apathetic/lazy alums, etc....

Phrat, I feel the way you do, but have learned that TXST Football is simply a nice outing in San Marcos. I buy season tix and that is all. I care but, it is what it is. Messed up. I can't change it. Neither can you.

Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:59 am
SuperCat

GreenParrot wrote:
Phratcatbocoloco wrote:

Self esteem and Texas State anything is an issue. IMHO.....Athletics is a joke, media coverage is a joke, our school's reputation in Austin and San Antonio is a joke, Alumni Association is a joke(as evidenced by the ten people who showed up to the last gathering in S.A.), the Greek System is a joke(still no frat row and now a dead young man), a President that has absolutely no public presence, absolutely apathetic/lazy alums, etc....

Phrat, I feel the way you do, but have learned that TXST Football is simply a nice outing in San Marcos. I buy season tix and that is all. I care but, it is what it is. Messed up. I can't change it. Neither can you.

I agree with much of that and share in your frustrations. But, I do see it as a two sided coin. You gave us the negative side.

The positive side is that we have a ton of potential as a growing university with an exploding alumni base in an economically strong area. In the last 10 years we have upgraded most athletic facilities and made the transition to D1. We have expanded academic offerings, especially in the hard sciences which should result in a more wealthy alumni base over time. We will have a new president in the next couple of years and that hire will be one of the most important ever for TXST.

Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:07 am
True Bobcat Fan

LT Spider wrote:
GreenParrot wrote:
Phratcatbocoloco wrote:

I agree with much of that and share in your frustrations. But, I do see it as a two sided coin. You gave us the negative side.

The positive side is that we have a ton of potential.

We do and I did point out the negative. The question I always ask myself, is why wouldn't ALL alums want to be a part of this? The things you mention are real.

Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:10 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 362 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next