Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 362 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 25  Next
 Recruiting 2018: offers, commits/decommits, transfers 
SuperCat

Post Re: Recruiting 2018: offers, commits/decommits, transfers
Saul Goodman wrote:
keff says he's a walk-on. was a walk-on at okst too. we've got a ton of pwo types on the roster right now - or coming in fall.

I figured that was the case after not finding a 247 or Rivals page. I was initially pretty excited

Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:00 am
True Bobcat Fan

Sort of funny that the other post on recruiting for 2017 is where they are discussing the decommits. Fine by me!

Here are not new offers and some may not have offers yet but they are getting TXST images (locker room with their TXST jersey) or a ESPN cover with them on it.

Here are the recruits that tweeted about those things:

jt woods‏ @Jtwoods_7 23h
23 hours ago
Texas state showing some love TheProw18

Shawn @Unblockable_7
Texas State showing love!

JOHN RUFFIN JR‏ 
@johnruffin9__
Txst showing love #Theprow18 #GoBobcats

Amryn Jeffrey‏ @Amryn_Jeffrey Apr 20
Texas state showing love@TxStCoachGeorge

BrendenBrady‏ @BrendenBrady25 Apr 20
Tx state showing some love!! Thank you @TxStCoachGeorge

Pierce Withers‏ @pwithers0 23h23 hours ago
Texas State showing love

Anthony Lewis Sr.‏ @Mraqlewis1969 23h23 hours ago
Texas State showing Love to our son @DaReal_14 Anthony Lewis Jr. aKa A.J. Good stuff

Anthony Lewis Jr. ‏ @DaReal_14 23h23 hours ago
Texas State showing love

Jace Bobo‏ @kiidplay5_ 23h23 hours ago
Texas State showing some love #TheProw18

Brady McBride‏ @_bradymcbride_ 24h24 hours ago
Texas state showing love #PartyInTheEndzone

Malik Jackson‏ @malik2jackson 23h23 hours ago
Texas state showing love!!! #Theprow18

Parker Towns‏ @Parker_Towns 22h22 hours ago
S/O to @TXSTATEFOOTBALL for the sweet edit! #TheProw18

Tyrese williams‏ @48tyrese 22h22 hours ago
Texas State showing some love #TheProw18

Brayden Willis‏ @Bwillis_11 22h22 hours ago
Texas state with the love!!

MarQuise Conchola‏ @i3aller__ 22h22 hours ago
Oh man... @TxStCoachGeorge

Mr. Centers‏ @Drake_Centers54 12h12 hours ago
Shoutout to Texas State for showing some love!

Mr. Centers‏ @Drake_Centers54 7h7 hours ago
Blessed to say I have received my first D1 scholarship offer from Texas State University!! #TheProwl8

Jace‏ @jace_waters 4h
#TheProw18

Tyree Wilson‏ @tyreesoclean23 5h hours ago
Blessed to receive an offer from Texas State!

duffgee‏ @Duffiechristian 6h6 hours ago
Texas state showing love

Garland Lafrance‏ @GLafrance04 14h14 hours ago
Texas state showing love

K 'Tre' Adams III‏ @adamstre3 3h3 hours ago
Those #EatEmUpCats back again with the edit. Yes Sirrr!

Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:22 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Damn you are all up on the 2018 recruits...keep up the good work Bobcat34

Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:39 pm
True Bobcat Fan

OL Pesa Tupa decommitted from Fresno State last night. Would be a nice get if he signed with the good guys

Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:25 am
True Bobcat Fan

Since its a slow time right now until June summer camps, I thought I'd quickly look at number of offers by position to see what we are likely looking at... right now.

This is all based on 24/7 website and some offers have committed.

QB: 2 offers (1 committed)

RB: 2 offers

TE: 9 offers

WR: 10 offers (2 committed)

OT: 23 offers (4 committed)

OG: 12 offers (5 committed)

C: 2 offers (both committed)

DE: 5 offers (2 committed)

DT: 7 offers

ILB: 3 offers

OLB: 8 offers (1 committed)

CB: 8 offers (2 committed)

S: 8 offers (4 committed)

Ath: 4 offers (1 committed)

Considering the current offer list, it would seem we are looking heavily first for OL (most offers), then TE, WR, DB (CB/S), DT/DE, and others. One thing we don't know is how many ships we'll have in 2018 class due to only 14 seniors graduating and how many other ships we'll have due to grad transfers or some other option.

If I had to guess, I would think we'll go after...

-another 5 OL minimum due to needs across the board (Withers indicated after spring game that we didn't have a starting OG)
-1/2 TEs is likely even with recent signing of JC TE due to French/Schrade graduating (could be 1 if we have less than 25 ships)
-2/3 WRs based on ships
-2/3 CBs based on ships (need more depth)
-3 S minimum with up to 4 graduating and only returning 2 at position (will need more depth)
-2 DTs likely due to needs across board
-2 DEs likely due to needs across board

Others:
-OLB has a high number of offers (somewhat surprising to me but this is usually a recruiting area where there is tons of options due to 4-3 Ds not wanting 195lb LBs or those that are listed as tweeners); I'd be shocked if we signed more than 1 but we have offered 8; I am somewhat interested to see if someone is transferring we didn't know...
-ILB and QB are likely in similar situation where as of right now have 3-4 deep at position (on paper); ILB has 6-7 ship players on paper listed and QB will have 5 listed on paper
-RB has 5 on ship so its not a necessity but talent will determine it
-K We will need to be in the running for at least 1 be it walk-on

So there is my current guesses at this time.

Wed May 10, 2017 8:24 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Bobkat34 wrote:
Since its a slow time right now until June summer camps, I thought I'd quickly look at number of offers by position to see what we are likely looking at... right now.

Considering the current offer list, it would seem we are looking heavily first for OL (most offers), then TE, WR, DB (CB/S), DT/DE, and others. One thing we don't know is how many ships we'll have in 2018 class due to only 14 seniors graduating and how many other ships we'll have due to grad transfers or some other option.

-another 5 OL minimum due to needs across the board (Withers indicated after spring game that we didn't have a starting OG)
-1/2 TEs is likely even with recent signing of JC TE due to French/Schrade graduating (could be 1 if we have less than 25 ships)
-2/3 WRs based on ships
-3 S minimum with up to 4 graduating and only returning 2 at position (will need more depth)

Others:
-OLB has a high number of offers (somewhat surprising to me but this is usually a recruiting area where there is tons of options due to 4-3 Ds not wanting 195lb LBs or those that are listed as tweeners); I'd be shocked if we signed more than 1 but we have offered 8; I am somewhat interested to see if someone is transferring we didn't know...
-ILB and QB are likely in similar situation where as of right now have 3-4 deep at position (on paper); ILB has 6-7 ship players on paper listed and QB will have 5 listed on paper

It seems like now should be the time for Withers to be sending postcards to the recruits who were ineligible and had to go to Juco that were offered and committed but couldn't signed or those who were offered and were still listed as 'warm' for whatever reason after the 2014-2016 NSDs

(He'd be smart to start rekindling those Terrell Aldridge, Alontae Harris, Treston Price, Ja'ron Wilson, Devin Williams, etc, etc offers)

Thu May 11, 2017 1:16 pm
True Bobcat Fan

completely unnecessary.

Thu May 11, 2017 1:34 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Bobbumman wrote:
Bobkat34 wrote:

-2/3 WRs based on ships

Others:

It seems like now should be the time for Withers to be sending postcards to the recruits who were ineligible and had to go to Juco that were offered and committed but couldn't signed or those who were offered and were still listed as 'warm' for whatever reason after the 2014-2016 NSDs

(He'd be smart to start rekindling those Terrell Aldridge, Alontae Harris, Treston Price, Ja'ron Wilson, Devin Williams, etc, etc offers)

I highly doubt he'd do that. As Saul noted. Its not really necessary.

For example, last recruiting class we just signed (using 24/7)... we offered 169 prospective student-athletes(PSAs)... For 2018, we've already offered 104 PSAs and I'm willing to bet we'll be over 200 by the time this cycle is over due to the higher volume in his 2nd true recruiting class (Withers doesn't even count his 2016 class as his class with exception of the 10-12 he brought in).

I'd say with 104 offers out, he's moved on from past recruits.

Thu May 11, 2017 2:27 pm
True Bobcat Fan

fair enough... but when is enough commits enough? we're still ways away from seeing the light at the end of the tunnel after the plague during 2015 ... 85 scholarship players we still don't have...and after the 2017 season starts will we even be at 75?

Thu May 11, 2017 3:02 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Bobkat34 wrote:

the quoting ffs. the quoting is completely unnecessary. especially quoting the entire fucking post when you're the very next poster. do you people own stock in mouse wheels?

Thu May 11, 2017 4:33 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Saul Goodman wrote:
Bobkat34 wrote:

the quoting ffs. the quoting is completely unnecessary. especially quoting the entire fucking post when you're the very next poster. do you people own stock in mouse wheels?

Sorry.

I respectfully disagree with time on the internet being "wasted." I would've never known that a monkey would fall over after smelling his own, stinky finger if it wasn't for the glory of the internet.

Fri May 12, 2017 8:55 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

bleed gold wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:
Bobkat34 wrote:

Sorry.

Not Sorry.

I respectfully disagree with time on the internet being "wasted." I would've never known that a monkey would fall over after smelling his own, stinky finger if it wasn't for the glory of the internet.

Fri May 12, 2017 8:56 am
True Bobcat Fan

bleed gold wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:
Bobkat34 wrote:

Sorry.

Saul... whats unnecessary is your response. For that, send me a private message telling me I shouldn't do it. There are like 5 people posting on here and this is what drives you mad? Huh.

Thanks for the message board etiquette... but I don't mind doing it. Especially since I wrote it on the post that I started... You post how you want and I'll do the same.

:texasstate: :texasstate: :cat:

Fri May 12, 2017 9:16 am
True Bobcat Fan

:roll: :roll: it's a well documented pet peeve of mine, so it's odd that you seem surprised by my bitching about it. every time you unwashed heathens do it, i scrrooolllll on, bite my lip, and suffer inside. but a man can only take so much before he explodes in a fit of rage. a 2 word fit of rage, at that! :x :x :x :x (<--more rage)

Fri May 12, 2017 3:26 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Saul Goodman wrote:
:roll: :roll: it's a well documented pet peeve of mine, so it's odd that you seem surprised by my bitching about it. every time you unwashed heathens do it, i scrrooolllll on, bite my lip, and suffer inside. but a man can only take so much before he explodes in a fit of rage. a 2 word fit of rage, at that! :x :x :x :x (<--more rage)

Good point. :mrgreen:

Fri May 12, 2017 3:59 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 362 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 25  Next