Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Elliott Leaving? Now Santucci? 
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Re: Elliott Leaving? Now Santucci?
x wrote:
Texas State: Jordan Peterson, who spent the last few seasons at Fresno State, has been hired as outside linebackers coach and special teams coach. At Fresno State, Peterson started out coaching the secondary before moving to outside linebackers and assistant recruiting coordinator.

Wasn't Fresno State worse than us last year? :shock: :shock:

Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:54 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

A little history on Peterson:

http://www.gobulldogs.com/coaches.aspx?rc=204

Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:19 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Just when you think you are almost rid of the Fran recruits... :lol:

Met Peterson a few times during college as he was high school friends with one of my roommates. Good guy. Can't speak to his coaching prowess, however.

Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:54 pm
True Bobcat Fan

lancer wrote:

wasn't going to say anything about that, but he was on the worst defenses in aggie history. and 2nd worst 4yr stretch in the past 25yrs or so (since sherrill took over). :oops: :oops:

hey, those who can't, teach...right? :lol:

(it's a joke, all you teachers out there!)

Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:37 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Saul Goodman wrote:
lancer wrote:

wasn't going to say anything about that, but he was on the worst defenses in aggie history. and 2nd worst 4yr stretch in the past 25yrs or so (since sherrill took over). :oops: :oops:

hey, those who can't, teach...right? :lol:

(it's a joke, all you teachers out there!)

Yeah, he's a Fran recruit and never really had a true position as they tried him at CB and then Safety. Safety is probably his best position but like... O'Roy, Tiggs, Clanton... Fran recruited guys that weren't DI CBs and moved to Safety.

That said... I'm happy to get a DeRuyter OLB coach. DeRuyter was a very good 3-4 defensive coordinator before he took over at Fresno St. as HC. Point is I don't expect to lose much from his coaching plus he's got talent at OLB to work with. We'll see if him being a Texas guy helps, don't expect it to hurt.

Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:51 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Bobkat34 wrote:
Fran recruited guys that weren't DI CBs and moved to Safety.

he was barely a p5 player and the b12 was arguably the best conference in cfb for some of those years - it was certainly the best passing conference. tough position for him to be in. if tamu wasn't so bad right then, he'd never have seen the field other than special teams. he wasn't lining up next to terrance kiel or helping over the top of kevin smith and jason webster.

not many coaches that were great players though, so it's pretty irrelevant to his current gig. i like that he wore a bunch of hats in fresno, including special teams coaching and recruiting coordinator. being a texas native, playing at tamu, grad assistant for mike sherman, 5 years at the same school to start his career - all positives in my book.

Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:01 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

The Aggies love Peterson, and the few I know who follow things religiously think he's a great hire for us. They think he could pull serious talent from Central Texas (Peterson is from Lexington). We haven't had an ace in CenTex since JWash.

Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:21 am
True Bobcat Fan

"He will probably get a lot better pay, but in terms of coaching.....that's taking a demotion."

A demotion? Heresy! I take it you've never stood on the field there in South Bend, much less touched the sign in the locker room.

Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:24 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

ChicagoGuy wrote:
"He will probably get a lot better pay, but in terms of coaching.....that's taking a demotion."

A demotion? Heresy! I take it you've never stood on the field there in South Bend, much less touched the sign in the locker room.

Oh, no. I agree that Notre Dame is Notre Dame. 8)

Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:24 pm
True Bobcat Fan

ChicagoGuy wrote:

He's desperately searching for anything that would allow him to paint a negative picture of Withers or his staff to support his negative narrative that he can't back out of.

Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:10 am
True Bobcat Fan

Fran's Last Twinky wrote:
ChicagoGuy wrote:

He's desperately searching for anything that would allow him to paint a negative picture of Withers or his staff to support his negative narrative that he can't back out of.

He's probably also ecstatic that Urkel is getting a new "major" award to go with the Nobel prize that was awarded by the French.

:-)

Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:32 am
True Bobcat Fan

ChicagoGuy wrote:
Fran's Last Twinky wrote:
ChicagoGuy wrote:

He's probably also ecstatic that Urkel is getting a new "major" award to go with the Nobel prize that was awarded by the French.

:-)

Now I feel left out. What did I miss?

Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:04 am
True Bobcat Fan

chicago guy is a rush limbaugh sock that can't go more than 2 posts w/o trying to make something political.

Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:18 am
True Bobcat Fan

ahhh...

Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:57 am
True Bobcat Fan

Now I feel left out. What did I miss?[/quote]

Caroline Kennedy is giving him one of those Profiles in Courage awards. RIP, Mary Jo.

Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:15 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next