Elliott Leaving? Now Santucci? 
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Elliott Leaving? Now Santucci?
Keff Ciardello ‏@Keff_C 10m10 minutes ago

Keff Ciardello Retweeted FootballScoop Staff

#TXST OC Brett Elliott might be on his way back to Mississippi State.

FootballScoop Staff
‏@FootballScoop

Source tells FootballScoop Dan Mullen is bringing Brett Elliott back to Miss State as quarterbacks coach

Last edited by CatMom on Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:28 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Re: Elliott Leaving?
I wonder if Khur will just take over full OC and QB coaching or if they bring someone else in to help.

Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:36 am
True Bobcat Fan

The joys of being a G5 program

Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:39 am
True Bobcat Fan

Football scoop mention:
Mississippi State: Texas State offensive coordinator Brett Elliott will return to the Mississippi State staff coaching the quarterbacks source tells FootballScoop. Elliott served as co-OC / quarterbacks at James Madison for the 2015 season and then as OC / quarterbacks at Texas State this past season. Prior to joining the JMU staff, Elliott was in Starkville for three seasons as part of Mississippi State’s staff.

Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:44 am
True Bobcat Fan

I wouldn't lose sleep over it

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/21/p3

I thought though it might be cool to see if he improved in his 2nd season. Guess he's taking his 3 n out talents elsewhere. It was made pretty evident that the success he had at JMU wasn't attributed to as much playcall as it was recruiting. I'll miss his recruiting though he never proved his playcall in SM-- I guess if we wanted to keep him we would have needed to have given him at least associate HC title. Thinking he didn't like the 'Co-' prefix.

Interesting enough though a coach getting scooped up after 2-10 season, but why didn't Withers get scooped up?

-Bill O'Brien

Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:09 am
True Bobcat Fan

slycat wrote:
The joys of being a G5 program

yup. ugh.
Bobbumman wrote:
I wouldn't lose sleep over it

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/21/p3

I thought though it might be cool to see if he improved in his 2nd season. Guess he's taking his 3 n out talents elsewhere. I'll miss his recruiting though he never proved his playcall-- I guess if we wanted to keep him we would have needed to have given him at least associate HC title. Thinking he didn't like the 'Co-' prefix.

Interesting enough though a coach getting scooped up after 2-10 season, but why didn't Withers get scooped up?

this is an idiotic take. he was a 1st year playcaller with absolutely nothing to work with.

Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:14 am
True Bobcat Fan

Saul Goodman wrote:
this is an idiotic take

yeah, well you didn't sound so different when we lost Gunter, Jamel James, Gamble and Devin Williams. when we lost them you were all saying something along the lines of, "well you know they never really proved themselves so to say they would have been any good or amounted to anything is pure speculation". you had very little disappointment when they were gone while 2 of them saw hardly any playing time at all and 1 didn't even have the chance to dress out at all

The difference between Elliott and them is he at least got an entire season to prove himself, so say he would have been a good coordinator or even a decent one for US is also speculation

-Bill O'Brien

Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:31 am
True Bobcat Fan

:lol: :lol: :lol: there are times when your reasoning reaches phratty/taxman levels.

Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:39 am
SuperCat

I would have liked to have seen what he could do but maybe the reason he took the job was because of how poorly his offense did this year and he didn't want to repeat that this year? Who knows. That said I don't understand how we can do what we did to Ohio and then never replicate that again, even against defenses that were much worse in the SBC. Did we lose that much of our O line from Week 1 to Week 14?

Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:48 am
True Bobcat Fan

Saul Goodman wrote:
taxman levels

then maybe you're right...maybe I'm mis-remembering something that actually Taxman said and if that's the case then I apologize. something about "Devin Williams would have been lucky to ever take a snap at TxSt". after how last season played out I think Devin would have received plenty of snaps and would certainly at least be challenging Damian Williams and Gipson for the 2017 starter role. at least we would have had someone who had a year within Withers system

-Bill O'Brien

Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:50 am
True Bobcat Fan

Kuhr will be OC, period. It was a move that was done deal likely before the last few weeks of NLI signing.

Elliott is likely to take over QB coach duties. I highly doubt MSU will make him OC or Co-OC with the season we just had... their HC would be putting his job on the line with that move. They'll hype him up about recruiting/coaching Dak Prescott and calm the MSU fans with it.

As Damian Williams said in Signing Day Show, more to do in San Marcos than Starkeville so MSU fans won't be as excited about the move other than.. "Yeah, he coached Dak". MSU is not the big school in SEC rather the lower end so their options for paying coaches is not what A&M, Bama, Auburn, Florida, Tennessee can do.

Long story short, freshmen QBs should be the ones upset but could they have known... maybe but not likely. You don't take that chance but that is why they got Kuhr to go and meet them so that relationship can be started. Good move by TXST.

Personally, you can't take it personal. This is business and money talks. Naivar left as DC here to go be a positional coach at Kentucky before going to UH and then UT. Elliott will be paid twice as much to go as a position coach.

Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:55 am
True Bobcat Fan

Bobbumman wrote:
maybe I'm mis-remembering something that actually Taxman said and if that's the case then I apologize.

my statement had nothing to do w/ what taxman, or phratty, said about any of these particular players. it was about your terrible logic in trying to connect my posts about those players to my posts about this coach, and their terrible logic on pretty much everything they post.

Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:04 am
BF.com Elite Sponsor

:sombrero: :sombrero: :sombrero:
:texasstate: :texasstate: :texasstate:

Big loss for Texas State. It looks more and more like people inside the program are jumping ship before people start seeing past the smoke and mirrors.

Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:28 am
True Bobcat Fan

Bobcat.taxman wrote:
:sombrero: :sombrero: :sombrero:
:texasstate: :texasstate: :texasstate:

Big loss for Texas State. It looks more and more like people inside the program are jumping ship before people start seeing past the smoke and mirrors.

Yeah okay.

Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:40 am
True Bobcat Fan

see what i mean?
Bobcat.taxman wrote:
It looks more and more like people inside the program are jumping ship before people start seeing past the smoke and mirrors.

2016 txst oc salary: $135,000
2016 msu qbc salary: $350,000
http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salarie ... /assistant

Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:42 am