Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Elliott Leaving? Now Santucci? 
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Post Re: Elliott Leaving?
Saul Goodman wrote:
see what i mean?
Bobcat.taxman wrote:
It looks more and more like people inside the program are jumping ship before people start seeing past the smoke and mirrors.

2016 txst oc salary: $135,000
2016 msu qbc salary: $350,000
http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salarie ... /assistant

Hell, on 350k/year, if he works 3 years, he'll never have to work another day in his life! He's set!

But seriously, he's moving from G5 to P5. That seems... well, it sucks, but that's a no brainer for his career.

Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:02 pm
True Bobcat Fan

steve sarkisian is leaving alabama for the nfl after 1 game as their oc. jumping ship before saban sinks it!

Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:07 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Saul Goodman wrote:
see what i mean?
Bobcat.taxman wrote:
It looks more and more like people inside the program are jumping ship before people start seeing past the smoke and mirrors.

2016 txst oc salary: $135,000
2016 msu qbc salary: $350,000
http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salarie ... /assistant

I respectfully disagree with time on the internet being "wasted." I would've never known that a monkey would fall over after smelling his own, stinky finger if it wasn't for the glory of the internet.

Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:11 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Bobcat.taxman wrote:
:sombrero: :sombrero: :sombrero:
:texasstate: :texasstate: :texasstate:

Big loss for Texas State. It looks more and more like people inside the program are jumping ship before people start seeing past the smoke and mirrors.

taxman... So by that logic, DC Craig Naivar was jumping Fran's ship when he left to Kentucky as a Safety's coach?

Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:26 pm
True Bobcat Fan

I believe Kuhr is just 28 years old.

We're gonna have a young OC.

Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:28 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Bobkat34 wrote:

taxman... So by that logic, DC Craig Naivar was jumping Fran's ship when he left to Kentucky as a Safety's coach?

Actually. Maybe...

Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:29 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Ishmael Johnson ‏@IshmaelRJohnson 4m4 minutes ago

Can confirm the Elliott news. WRs Coach Parker Fleming will be named co-OC alongside Zak Kuhr going forward.
0 replies 0 retweets 0 likes

Are we not still a coach down?
Kuhr for Douglas

Now Elliott left

Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:32 pm
True Bobcat Fan

CatMom wrote:
Are we not still a coach down?
Kuhr for Douglas

Now Elliott left

Seems that way. Like Bobkat said, I wouldn't be surprised to see a defensive addition to the staff in the next few weeks.

Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:35 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Assistant coach gets an offer to go coach in the SEC for a coach who he has already worked for and will likely (at least) double his salary...

And taxman assumes he's jumping ship before people see past the smoke and mirrors...

Why is he still surprised when people call out his bullshit?

Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:59 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Here is what is being tweeted by Ishmael Johnson and Keff:

Ishmael Johnson ‏@IshmaelRJohnson 9m
9 minutes ago
#TXST staff changes: Fleming moving to QB Coach/passing game coordinator, Kuhr as OC/HBs, Antoine to WRs, Mayes to TEs and OTs.

Ishmael Johnson ‏@IshmaelRJohnson 8m
8 minutes ago
Preston Mason and Withers will both coach safeties and OL Coach is a vacancy waiting to be filled.

Keff Ciardello ‏@Keff_C 24m
24 minutes ago
Keff Ciardello Retweeted Cameron Dean
Parker Fleming switch from WR's to QB's & will be co-OC. Kuhr will be co-OC and RB's. Ron Antoine to switch from RB's to WR. Get all that?

Keff Ciardello ‏@Keff_C 23m
23 minutes ago
Also hearing Anthony Mayes will switch from OL to TE's coach. The vacant spot to be filled with new OL coach to be named later.

Withers Announcement:
http://www.txstatebobcats.com/news/2017/2/7/head-coach-everett-withers-announces-football-staff-changes.aspx

Based on these moves/changes, call me concerned. I'm sure that coaches changing positions to coach happens as Withers was a DC before becoming a HC but so many moves does concern me. It happens and I like the idea of Parker Fleming being Co-OC with Kuhr but we'll see how this works. I'll say this... I don't mind finding another OL coach because it wasn't good last season. Only issue I have is OL coach will only work with C and G? Mayes to work with OTs and TEs? Hmm... Somewhat odd. We'll see how it works.

Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:33 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Add Preston Mason's bio for those that know him.. seems to come over with Coach McCray.

http://www.txstatebobcats.com/coaches.aspx?rc=930

If coaching staffs are expanded, it seems Mason would be the guy getting the job as he's in his 2nd year (this past year) as graduate assistant. Must be hiring him somehow to work with Withers.

Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:42 pm
True Bobcat Fan

Coordinator Brett Elliott never got a chance to show what he could do in 2016. There just weren't enough toys. He turned quarterback Vad Lee into an All-American at JMU, and he had a decent thrower in Tyler Jones (when healthy) last year, but his top running back was a sophomore, his top three receivers were a sophomore, a freshman, and the sophomore running back, and his offensive line featured one guy who got through all 12 games.
http://www.sbnation.com/college-footbal ... ule-roster

Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:14 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Bobkat34 wrote:
Bobcat.taxman wrote:
:sombrero: :sombrero: :sombrero:
:texasstate: :texasstate: :texasstate:

Big loss for Texas State. It looks more and more like people inside the program are jumping ship before people start seeing past the smoke and mirrors.

Let me answer your question with another question: where are Jason Washington and Craig Naivar now and what happened with Fran............in essence, yes.

Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:32 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

tx.state wrote:
Assistant coach gets an offer to go coach in the SEC for a coach who he has already worked for and will likely (at least) double his salary...

And taxman assumes he's jumping ship before people see past the smoke and mirrors...

Why is he still surprised when people call out his bullshit?

Yeah, you guys keep believing that everything is hunky dory and keep making excuses for concerning behavior despite all evidence to the contrary. :| :| :|

Everyone loved the sharks in the water back in the day, when the sharks were actually swimming in the offices above the stadium.

Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:44 pm
BF.com Elite Sponsor

Bobkat34 wrote:

Withers Announcement:
http://www.txstatebobcats.com/news/2017/2/7/head-coach-everett-withers-announces-football-staff-changes.aspx

Based on these moves/changes, call me concerned. I'm sure that coaches changing positions to coach happens as Withers was a DC before becoming a HC but so many moves does concern me. It happens and I like the idea of Parker Fleming being Co-OC with Kuhr but we'll see how this works. I'll say this... I don't mind finding another OL coach because it wasn't good last season. Only issue I have is OL coach will only work with C and G? Mayes to work with OTs and TEs? Hmm... Somewhat odd. We'll see how it works.

Agreed. I can't recall a single instance where there where this many moves were done internally in a coaching staff, particularly when you brought in an OC and lost an OC (basically replacing one piece with a like piece).

Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:47 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next